A fix for raid tickets?

I don't see this posted too often but we are a guild that has slowly built to becoming HAAT as of this week. We like our people and have a good mix of heavy hitters and some people who are still learning. We definitely do not want to kick anyone but with many of us having real life things to do 600 daily isn't always hit by everyone. What if we kept the 30k per day cap limit but allowed others to pick up the slack on an individual basis. I know corporate accounts kick people and then use alternate accounts just to collect 30k and that seems like too much work for a casual guild. Thoughts on the idea or suggestions on reaching 30k?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They shouldn't remove it for this exact reason. It's meant to be a group effort.

This has been brought up before and many of us would like to see a change but it can't just be the 30k limit. I needs to be an individual limit too, just to keep everyone active.

Guilds don't kick people just for not doing 600 it's because that person is not active in the game, I think 540 energy is just what you earn in a 24 hour period, so it's not costing someone anything to do that. Yes RL gets in the way, haha, but that is the measure of the person and the guild how they deal with this, as it is only a game.

The compromise I always put up is 650, this allows guilds to cover a memebers who maybe can't do it that day or someone rage quits the game.

But again the whole point is to promote and reward active players so the game doesn't dwindle and die. If you guild doesn't want to make it mandatory for 600 then that's ok you will just raid slightly less if everyone is active.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They shouldn't remove it for this exact reason. It's meant to be a group effort.

This has been brought up before and many of us would like to see a change but it can't just be the 30k limit. I needs to be an individual limit too, just to keep everyone active.

Guilds don't kick people just for not doing 600 it's because that person is not active in the game, I think 540 energy is just what you earn in a 24 hour period, so it's not costing someone anything to do that. Yes RL gets in the way, haha, but that is the measure of the person and the guild how they deal with this, as it is only a game.

The compromise I always put up is 650, this allows guilds to cover a memebers who maybe can't do it that day or someone rage quits the game.

But again the whole point is to promote and reward active players so the game doesn't dwindle and die. If you guild doesn't want to make it mandatory for 600 then that's ok you will just raid slightly less if everyone is active.

I agree with most of this. Maybe give an individual goal of a little higher than that. Maybe 700 that allows you to cover for several members that might not hit. That would be helpful
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I agree with most of this. Maybe give an individual goal of a little higher than that. Maybe 700 that allows you to cover for several members that might not hit. That would be helpful

Then you start to push it a little at those numbers 8 people can be fully covered, so we start to move away from the group.

They will never do this anyway, the 600 is also there to force everyone to do 1 refresh, so there's that too.
  • Options
    Perhaps they would consider charging for a refresh (or even partial refresh) on daily raid tickets?