Ezra assist bug

Antares
686 posts Member
Hey

I cannot 100% confirm this because the situation is based on RNG:

Ezra's basic ability states that he has 40% (80%) chance to attack again. However, upon choosing Aayla when using his 'Watch and Learn' ability and she calls Ezra in turn to assist, he only attacks three times at the most, when he actually should attack 4 times at least sometimes (2 attacks from the assist + 2 attacks from his own attack). I have observed this behaviour in at least 10 executions when he was not debuffed, so I strongly suspect this is not working correctly.

thanks for any feedback

Replies

• Options
    Bump!

One more week and many more occurrences of this bug. I have never (!) seen Ezra attack four time when he is called to assist by Aayla.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can check my math, but Aayla has a 35% chance omega to call an assist, and assuming she doesn't call herself (but I actually think she can), and assuming Ezra has no debuffs, there is a 0.35×0.25x0.8x0.8=0.056 chance of him attacking four times. So you should only expect to see this 5-6 times out of 100 uses of "Watch and Learn" targeting Aayla, with some room for variance. If she can call herself, and he has debuffs, obviously the chance is less.

With the two of them as the only characters and no debuffs on Ezra, there's a 22.4% chance of it happening, or 11.2% if she can call herself. This is assuming you have her basic omega level. You might want to try sending the two of them alone and checking. I would try using "Watch and Learn" at least 50 times to check this. Do NOT simply enter and retreat the same GW battle to test this, as the rng seed will be exactly the same. Try different GW nodes or easy cantina/ls/ds nodes or something, and maybe keep a spreadsheet across all battles.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    crzydroid, I disagree on your calculation.

I am talking only about cases where Ezra is called to assist in the fist place, so you can forget the 0.35x0.25 term because I know that he is called to assist from Aayla if he attacks at least three times. So when he is called to assist, there is a 0.8x0.8 = 64% chance that he should attack four times. Among at least fifty occasions now where I saw him attack three times, not even once did he attack a fourth time.

After a few weeks of using him dozens of times on a daily basis (GW and Arena), I have never seen him attack four times in this scenario.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Antares wrote: »
    crzydroid, I disagree on you calculation.

First of all I am talking only about cases where Ezra is called to assist in the fist place, so you can forget the 0.35x0.25 term because I know that he is called to assist from Aayla if he attacks at least three times. So when he is called to assist, there is a 0.8x0.8 = 64% chance that he should attack four times. Among at least fifty occasions now where I saw him attack three times, not once did he attack a fourth time.

Thank you for the clarification, I was calculating overall.

This might be a bug if you've had this situation that many times, but just for the sake of ruling things out, were these on the same GW node?

I might still start keeping a spreadsheet, just in case you don't get a response from the devs on this, then you would have hard evidence.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That's a good call, I will do that!

And no, these were not on the same GW node. I have seen this behaviour in all kinds of battles over the last weeks. As soon as I see him attack four times, I will post here also. In the meantime, I do not expect to get a response, but will probably bump this thread on a weekly basis if I continue to see three attacks instead of four (at least once).
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Bump.

Another week, and I have still not seen him attack 4 times.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Almost two weeks later again, still only 3 attacks max!
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Another week and still no quadruple attack. Would be nice to get an acknowledgement that this indeed is a bug...
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Bump. Still no quadruple attack.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Another week passed. Still only three attacks.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    @RivetingAlucard
    lol, maybe I should have done that ~2 months ago...
  • Options
    lol havnt seen this till now xD i only recently started daily looking at the bugs section of forum lol
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Has been two weeks since I pushed this. Still only three attacks
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Another week, another bump
  • Options
    Your observations are exactly correct. If Aayla calls Ezra, he should attack twice 40% (or 80%) of the time.

He never attacks twice when called by Aayla.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Your observations are exactly correct. If Aayla calls Ezra, he should attack twice 40% (or 80%) of the time.

He never attacks twice when called by Aayla.

Thanks for the confirmation :smile:
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's been three weeks, has he attacked four times yet?
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Haha. No he hasn't. ;)

But I am also not using Aayla anymore (most of the time)
  • Options
    It’s been a while. Bump!! ;)