Maul's finishing blow

Maul's normal attack has 100% meter gain on a finishing blow. It would be an awesome tool for him if it works in an assist attack, for example GS calling Maul to assist and kill some foe and Maul can take turn right away. But sadly it doesn't work as I tried it in cantina battle. (Never tried it in PVP because my maul is too weak)

Given that the current meta focuses too much on speed, slow characters with low health such as Maul and Ventress are absolutely useless. So instead of nerfing OP characters as so many people are crying for, I propose buffing those characters that are forced to the bench because of their fatal flaws, which I believe will create so many possibilities for new combos and diversity among top rankings.

A typical example is Ventress. I think the changes they made in the new update doesn't help her getting near to PVP at all. A good solution for her slow speed would be giving her meters every time when someone dies. I would definitely farm her if that's the case and I'm sure it would make so many Ventress owners happy. Also the AI should always make her AOE instead of dispel on her first turn. It's terrible programming, CG, fix it right away. It's just as amateur and humiliating as the Dooku ability bug.

Sorry about the rant. I'm just tired of seeing threads about nerfing you-know-who. How about making more characters OP and at least we will see more diversity in the nerf posts.

God, I miss the good old days of OP Dooku, Leia, Ben and Bariss.

Replies

• JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I'm surprised he lived long enough to get a finishing blow... I agree, both characters are virtually worthless
  • Options
    Good post! I love Maul and I think he should be featured more. Perhaps Poe and Maul and Poggle.
  • Options
    Good post! I love Maul and I think he should be featured more. Perhaps Poe and Maul and Poggle.

Do you have a good maul btw?

• Thinktwice
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It actually works, I use him in all game formats...
    When called with a + 75% assist of QGJ it can be quite nasty, especially on a Jedi obviously...
    He will also have a 100% offense up as well when they open the lvl limit.
    He also becomes even more of a beast after 1 or 2 losses in the enemy team... +20% crit chance then +20% evade

So yes, he is a glass canon, he is often dead very quickly in defense in pvp but overall very fun and useful character... If you can get him to 7 stars which is the main problem.

Oh and it seems the amount of Jedis may increase these next weeks, right! Yum yum ;-)
  • Options
    Thinktwice wrote: »
    It actually works, I use him in all game formats...
    When called with a + 75% assist of QGJ it can be quite nasty, especially on a Jedi obviously...
    He will also have a 100% offense up as well when they open the lvl limit.
    He also becomes even more of a beast after 1 or 2 losses in the enemy team... +20% crit chance then +20% evade

So yes, he is a glass canon, he is often dead very quickly in defense in pvp but overall very fun and useful character... If you can get him to 7 stars which is the main problem.

Oh and it seems the amount of Jedis may increase these next weeks, right! Yum yum ;-)

"It works " you mean when maul is called to assist and he kills the foe that he will gain 100% meters?

• Options
    Thinktwice wrote: »

I encourage this type of thinking.. I look back at my streak of 40+ days at #1 with my (mostly) Jedi team smile and think, "it's funny how people just repeat things they have read as gospel, without any experience."

I guess it's fun being a lemming, you always have people with you, even when you are falling off a cliff.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    You must have made a mistake. Maul gains a full turn meter and attacks again even if the kill is done on an assist. I have done this hundreds of times and it never fails. It's one of my absolute favorite strategies, and it's why I often include Maul in my First Order team with Phasma. One good thump from Maul's hurt stick, and he can decide pretty much any battle for you with that nasty AOE of his.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I tried a few times in the cantina battles and couldn't get it to work. I'm glad i was wrong! I will try to pair him with GS.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    If it doesn't work with GS then it has to be a bug of some sort. So far, I've tried it and it works when assisting Phasma, Fives, QGJ and IG-86.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    You must have made a mistake. Maul gains a full turn meter and attacks again even if the kill is done on an assist. I have done this hundreds of times and it never fails. It's one of my absolute favorite strategies, and it's why I often include Maul in my First Order team with Phasma. One good thump from Maul's hurt stick, and he can decide pretty much any battle for you with that nasty AOE of his.

Have you tried it with GS or 86 assist? Or is it phasma only?

• Options
    If it doesn't work with GS then it has to be a bug of some sort. So far, I've tried it and it works when assisting Phasma, Fives, QGJ and IG-86.

Got it thanks!

• Options

Thanks for sharing this. How much does his AOE does on a critical on nonjedi?
  • Options
    I have an L69 Maul and have been using him for a long time. The assist only works if the first attack does not kill the opponent. If the opponent has 0hp when the assist is called, Maul will deal nothing and will not be granted 100% turn meter.
  • Options
    bobasolo wrote: »
    I have an L69 Maul and have been using him for a long time. The assist only works if the first attack does not kill the opponent. If the opponent has 0hp when the assist is called, Maul will deal nothing and will not be granted 100% turn meter.

That makes a lot of sense, when I tried it my GS already killed the toon so that's why I thought it didn't work. Thanks for the info guys! Glad we are able to work out the problem