Multiple choices for Z - yes, another thread about this.

Hello there,
I'm at that point of farming zetas that requires me to understand which character to upgrade and I'm in front of a choice:

1) Maul - current most popular one, but I'm pretty sure its time will finish early [from my point of view]. So should I just avoid him for the mentioned reason and for the fact too many people got him?

2) Nihilus - like him and supposed to stay on the tops for a while. This will require many many hours of mod farming to replace critical mods with offense ones.

3) Kylo - in the future my guild will finillay attemp HAAT and I suppose in arena isn't wasted as investment. But the current AI management means I will be not safe in defense.

4) Sidious - to improve my Rancor team with Zader (at the moment I can just destroy Rancor tier 6, but managing to handle Heroic Rancor in weeks).

I'm pointing especially to avoid option 1, but I surely need some advices.

Thank you all!

Replies

• Options
    Option 1. If you run zMaul, Nihilius and Sith assassin, you can easily go first, daze everyone and extend their cooldowns. Same as with JE and droids but 100x better. Because this squad is great on offence, I expect to run them for at least 3 months while hording gear and crystals for the next meta :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    Thank you for the answer: so you foresee them to be meta still for a long time.

Other thoughs anyone?

• Options
    Mc_Iavell wrote: »
    Thank you for the answer: so you foresee them to be meta still for a long time.

Other thoughs anyone?
    It would be helpful to see your roster (on swgoh.gg) so we can give specific advice on what would be best for what you have currently.
  • Options
    Sorry, didn't thought about it:

https://swgoh.gg/u/mciavell/

Feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong, but notice this morning I upgraded Nihilus to 11 gear

Thank you kindly
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that the Maul meta has been around for quite a while, and it may be shifting soon. Also, an Imperial rework has been announced, which is guaranteed to include a few new zetas.

So I say:
    5) Hold off for a couple weeks, and see what the Imperial rework has to offer before committing.
    If there's nothing good, I'd say go with Nihilus (since you have him at G11 and all .. grats!)
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options
    @Mc_Iavell, You need to level your arena mods up to lvl 15, instead of keeping them at lvl 12. And zeta Maul and run full sith :p Believe me, you won't regret it. You have excellent sith already.

Darth Maul (L)
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Darth Sidious
    Darth Nihilus

Long term squad: Replace Vader and Sid with Sith assassin and zSavage
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    Options
    having kylo and/or gk as non sith in a zaul squad is pretty cool too
  • Options
    @Mc_Iavell, You need to level your arena mods up to lvl 15, instead of keeping them at lvl 12. And zeta Maul and run full sith :p Believe me, you won't regret it. You have excellent sith already.

Darth Maul (L)
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Darth Sidious
    Darth Nihilus

Long term squad: Replace Vader and Sid with Sith assassin and zSavage

Sure I'm going tu upgrade them all, but I'm always short of chash here in the game.
    So your opinion is that Zaul lead will still be great, even if Rex is on his way?

• Options
    Supposing I'm pointing at Nihilus what about this team?

zNihilus L
    SA
    Dooku
    Savage
    Death Trooper <-- Don't know why but I want to try this.
    is there anybody ever tried DN+DT?

Maybe I'm totally messing up the situation, just don't want to go over Sith trooper [I suffer odt disturb on him, don't like his helmet].

Thanks
  • Options
    I think you want to play with Nihilus lead. And you should go for it. Then you will face a lot problems with debuff and speed until you get good offence mod set(with high speed secondary) and GKenobi.

However Nihil lead is very good counter to rex, gk, zbariss, zmaul, team is hard to be obtained.

For your option; I think kylo is the best choice at that moment. Then your guild is ready for HAAT, you can zeta your Sid