Just did my first GW, got a couple questions.

Well, that was certainly intense, first Galactic War, but, here's my questions:
1: As long as I win a round, I keep whats in the chest, right? Or, since I did it all in one sitting without looking-do you have to win the ENTIRE GW in order to keep whats in the chests?
2. Whats this whole controversy about resetting and so forth?

Replies

• Zerx
    94 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes you keep chests as you earn them.

No controversy that I am aware of. It's a legitimate "learning" tool. Use the gear icon and "retreat" to reset the current battle sending you back to the character select screen as if the battle never happened. Allows you to try out different strategies to defeat that particular battle.
  • Options
    Zerx wrote: »

No controversy that I am aware of. It's a legitimate "learning" tool. Use the gear icon and "retreat" to reset the current battle sending you back to the character select screen as if the battle never happened. Allows you to bore yourself to death rolling the dice for a good RNG.

FIFY
  • Options
    Ok, then, since I haven't read the big discussion-what exactly is the big problem with GW that people are having, function wise? Though I admit running into some teams would probably make most soil their pants, like I nearly did when I ran into a team using Dooku, that five million counter attacking ****....Ok, other question-I guess if you want to start the whole GW over, you need to spend, what crystals, etc? And also, the contents of each chest-totally random, or is it better stuff as you get further into the GW?
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    The "controversy" is about how the game chooses your opponents. Tons of threads on it if you want to read the theories.

GW is once per day. No reset available other than the daily reset available to you.

Better stuff as you progress.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options

No controversy that I am aware of. It's a legitimate "learning" tool. Use the gear icon and "retreat" to reset the current battle sending you back to the character select screen as if the battle never happened. Allows you to bore yourself to death rolling the dice for a good RNG.

FIFY
    I was going for the "official" answer :)

Thanks for the chuckle though.
  • Options
    The "controversy" is about how the game chooses your opponents. Tons of threads on it if you want to read the theories.

GW is once per day. No reset available other than the daily reset available to you.

Better stuff as you progress.

Namely that the devs refuse to tell us how it works
  • Options
    Well, hell, anything thats more stuff is a bonus at this point, as long as I can get some tokens, thats fine. I spent 15 days farming Arena tokens to get HK-47, I can live with it.
  • Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Ok, then, since I haven't read the big discussion-what exactly is the big problem with GW that people are having, function wise? Though I admit running into some teams would probably make most soil their pants, like I nearly did when I ran into a team using Dooku, that five million counter attacking ****....Ok, other question-I guess if you want to start the whole GW over, you need to spend, what crystals, etc? And also, the contents of each chest-totally random, or is it better stuff as you get further into the GW?

1. The problem people have with GW is how the matchmaking is done. Some people complain they are facing signicantly more powerful teams, sometimes 12 levels above them. Others complain they face too powerful teams too early, like by node 3.

2. You can only start GW over after a 24 hour period. You can't use crystals to do it multiple times per day.

3. The contents are mostly random, but each node tends to give similar rewards everyday. For example training droids, crystals, credits, ability mats, shards, etc. though the amounts will vary.
  • Options
    Also there seems to be two camps. I'm in the camp where GW is perfunctory and I use basic attacks and JC heals until battle 12 when I go nuts in my victory lap, and the other camp where people get beat down every day by super hard teams. We've all tried to figure out why, but it's weird. I've got 23 in a row(out of 23 attempted) and others get curb stomped daily. Weird game mode.