Node 12 Galactic War

Nova44
30 posts Member
So i have been viewing the forums for a couple months now but this is my first post. I just wanted to share a story about the Node 12 I just faced in Galactic War, this will be a long post. Some context, I am FTP and am currently level 83 around 50 in arena, November 2016 shard, ne zetas but i am working on getting them and I have failed Galactic war only about 5 times the entire time I played this game. So today my Galactic war was pretty straight forward the first 11 nodes. the usual 7* g9/10 characters on all nodes. Then I get to Node 12 and see a full sith squad. I have faced these before but this squad was a fully starred, max geared, properly modded zeta squad. It consisted of Zaul(L), Zooku, Zylo, EP, Royal Guard. The only other tome I had faced a zeta team in GW was a Zqui-gon but i was able to beat him with my sith squad. So i throw my rebel squad of Jyn(L)5*g8, chirrut3*g8, cassian6*g9, and wiggs, both 7*g8 and lose badly with only getting some protection out of Royal Guard. Then i send in my Droid squad of HK(L), Ig88, B2,K2, and JE all are 6*g9 and they lose with only getting full protection of EP and Zaul. Now i send in my Miscellaneous squad of Maul(L)7*g10, sidious7*g8, sith trooper3*g8, 5s7*g9, and phasma7*g7. they lose but manage to get Zaul and EP to 80% health and 50% protection off RG. My strategy up to this point was to get all protection of the weakest toons, Zaul and EP while also denting RG's protection. Zooku and Zylo are almost untouched with about 80% protection left. Now all thats left is to send in my A team and pray to the force for guidance(and luck). my A team is Nihilus(L), 3*g8, dooku7*g10,kylo7*g10, Vader7*g10, and Boba 7*g10 all properly modded with full health, except for boba who is at 25% health. It took my retreats and careful choices of who to shock and stun with my dooku and kylo and at one point i had killed zaul EP and RG but the zylo and zooku were just regaining protection and almost wiped out my squad, and if that happened it woild be over as a just have some random low level toons left. Eventually i retreated and managed to get back to the same point with only zooku and zylo left while i had nihilus, dooku, kylo, and vader left. I was able to stun zooku and focus all fire on him eventually killing while zylo killed my vader and regained almost half his protection, but the battle was over as my nihilus had his OHKO ready and I won. If you read all that and are still here thanks, and this post is not one where i am trying to bragg. I want to share this because i see a lot of people complaining about GW, especially FTP. GW can be done it just tales time and resource management amd most importantly Depth in your roster, maybe some luck as well. Also i want to ask any veteran players if they have any advice for me as I feel that I may be facing some more zeta squads in the future so i focus all ship currency on only buying zetas or shoudl I farm ships for the challenge( I have tatkins ship ready and 4/8 ships necessary for the challenge ready with the other 4 somewhat close) and who should i zeta first, Maul, Dooku, Kylo, Vader Nihilus, or Boba all advice is gratefully appreciated.

Replies

• Darth_Skywalker
    202 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nihilus is your friend,I had the same experience yesterday,only way to kill ZKylo is annhiliate.
  • Nova44
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Nihilus is your friend,I had the same experience yesterday,only way to kill ZKylo is annhiliate.

My nihilus was my only hope for defeating the zylo and luckily he survived long enought to use annhiliate
  • Options
    Nova44 wrote: »
    So i have been viewing the forums for a couple months now but this is my first post. I just wanted to share a story about the Node 12 I just faced in Galactic War, this will be a long post.

Some context, I am FTP and am currently level 83 around 50 in arena, November 2016 shard, no zetas but i am working on getting them and I have failed Galactic war only about 5 times the entire time I played this game.

So today my Galactic war was pretty straight forward the first 11 nodes. the usual 7* g9/10 characters on all nodes. Then I get to Node 12 and see a full sith squad. I have faced these before but this squad was a fully starred, max geared, properly modded zeta squad. It consisted of Zaul(L), Zooku, Zylo, EP, Royal Guard. The only other time I had faced a zeta team in GW was a Zqui-gon but i was able to beat him with my sith squad.

So i throw my rebel squad of Jyn(L)5*g8, chirrut3*g8, cassian6*g9, and wiggs, both 7*g8 and lose badly with only getting some protection out of Royal Guard. Then i send in my Droid squad of HK(L), Ig88, B2,K2, and JE all are 6*g9 and they lose with only getting full protection of EP and Zaul. Now i send in my Miscellaneous squad of Maul(L)7*g10, sidious7*g8, sith trooper3*g8, 5s7*g9, and phasma7*g7. they lose but manage to get Zaul and EP to 80% health and 50% protection off RG.

My strategy up to this point was to get all protection of the weakest toons, Zaul and EP while also denting RG's protection. Zooku and Zylo are almost untouched with about 80% protection left. Now all thats left is to send in my A team and pray to the force for guidance(and luck). my A team is Nihilus(L), 3*g8, dooku7*g10,kylo7*g10, Vader7*g10, and Boba 7*g10 all properly modded with full health, except for boba who is at 25% health. It took many retreats and careful choices of who to shock and stun with my dooku and kylo and at one point i had killed zaul EP and RG but the zylo and zooku were just regaining protection and almost wiped out my squad, and if that happened it would be over as a just have some random low level toons left. Eventually i retreated and managed to get back to the same point with only zooku and zylo left while i had nihilus, dooku, kylo, and vader left. I was able to stun zooku and focus all fire on him eventually killing while zylo killed my vader and regained almost half his protection, but the battle was over as my nihilus had his OHKO ready and I won.

If you read all that and are still here thanks, and this post is not one where i am trying to brag. I want to share this because i see a lot of people complaining about GW, especially FTP. GW can be done it just takes time and resource management and most importantly depth in your roster, maybe some luck as well.

Also i want to ask any veteran players if they have any advice for me as I feel that I may be facing some more zeta squads in the future so i focus all ship currency on only buying zetas or should I farm ships for the challenge (I have Tarkins ship ready and 4/8 ships necessary for the challenge ready with the other 4 somewhat close) and who should i zeta first, Maul, Dooku, Kylo, Vader Nihilus, or Boba all advice is gratefully appreciated.

Fixed that for you. Use paragraphs! Makes things easier to read. Walls of text are unfriendly.

As for advice, let me say this. The fleet challenge battles are not a good or reliable source of zeta materials. People routinely complain about no zeta drops for weeks on end. The best way to get the zeta mats is by saving your fleet credits and buying them from shipments. And what's the best way to get fleet credits? By ranking high in fleet arena. You will need good ships to do that. To get good ships, you need to collect blueprints from shipments.

The strategy I followed was to collect blueprints and level up my ships until I could 3* the zeta mat challenge. This meant spending all fleet credits on blueprints and ignoring the zeta mats in shipments until then. This builds fleet strength, allowing a higher arena rank and more fleet credits. After getting the zeta challenge to farming status, I've been spending all fleet credits on zeta mats. I still think this is a good strategy and would recommend it to you as well.
  • Nova44
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Nova44 wrote: »
    So i have been viewing the forums for a couple months now but this is my first post. I just wanted to share a story about the Node 12 I just faced in Galactic War, this will be a long post.

Some context, I am FTP and am currently level 83 around 50 in arena, November 2016 shard, no zetas but i am working on getting them and I have failed Galactic war only about 5 times the entire time I played this game.

So today my Galactic war was pretty straight forward the first 11 nodes. the usual 7* g9/10 characters on all nodes. Then I get to Node 12 and see a full sith squad. I have faced these before but this squad was a fully starred, max geared, properly modded zeta squad. It consisted of Zaul(L), Zooku, Zylo, EP, Royal Guard. The only other time I had faced a zeta team in GW was a Zqui-gon but i was able to beat him with my sith squad.

So i throw my rebel squad of Jyn(L)5*g8, chirrut3*g8, cassian6*g9, and wiggs, both 7*g8 and lose badly with only getting some protection out of Royal Guard. Then i send in my Droid squad of HK(L), Ig88, B2,K2, and JE all are 6*g9 and they lose with only getting full protection of EP and Zaul. Now i send in my Miscellaneous squad of Maul(L)7*g10, sidious7*g8, sith trooper3*g8, 5s7*g9, and phasma7*g7. they lose but manage to get Zaul and EP to 80% health and 50% protection off RG.

My strategy up to this point was to get all protection of the weakest toons, Zaul and EP while also denting RG's protection. Zooku and Zylo are almost untouched with about 80% protection left. Now all thats left is to send in my A team and pray to the force for guidance(and luck). my A team is Nihilus(L), 3*g8, dooku7*g10,kylo7*g10, Vader7*g10, and Boba 7*g10 all properly modded with full health, except for boba who is at 25% health. It took many retreats and careful choices of who to shock and stun with my dooku and kylo and at one point i had killed zaul EP and RG but the zylo and zooku were just regaining protection and almost wiped out my squad, and if that happened it would be over as a just have some random low level toons left. Eventually i retreated and managed to get back to the same point with only zooku and zylo left while i had nihilus, dooku, kylo, and vader left. I was able to stun zooku and focus all fire on him eventually killing while zylo killed my vader and regained almost half his protection, but the battle was over as my nihilus had his OHKO ready and I won.

If you read all that and are still here thanks, and this post is not one where i am trying to brag. I want to share this because i see a lot of people complaining about GW, especially FTP. GW can be done it just takes time and resource management and most importantly depth in your roster, maybe some luck as well.

Also i want to ask any veteran players if they have any advice for me as I feel that I may be facing some more zeta squads in the future so i focus all ship currency on only buying zetas or should I farm ships for the challenge (I have Tarkins ship ready and 4/8 ships necessary for the challenge ready with the other 4 somewhat close) and who should i zeta first, Maul, Dooku, Kylo, Vader Nihilus, or Boba all advice is gratefully appreciated.

Fixed that for you. Use paragraphs! Makes things easier to read. Walls of text are unfriendly.

As for advice, let me say this. The fleet challenge battles are not a good or reliable source of zeta materials. People routinely complain about no zeta drops for weeks on end. The best way to get the zeta mats is by saving your fleet credits and buying them from shipments. And what's the best way to get fleet credits? By ranking high in fleet arena. You will need good ships to do that. To get good ships, you need to collect blueprints from shipments.

The strategy I followed was to collect blueprints and level up my ships until I could 3* the zeta mat challenge. This meant spending all fleet credits on blueprints and ignoring the zeta mats in shipments until then. This builds fleet strength, allowing a higher arena rank and more fleet credits. After getting the zeta challenge to farming status, I've been spending all fleet credits on zeta mats. I still think this is a good strategy and would recommend it to you as well.

thanks for the advice im currently around 50 in fleet arena so im getting a good flow of currency i guess i will keep working on blueprints
  • Options
    I wish they would hire some developers to fix GW, especially the last node. I guess EA is okay with people rage quitting about how ridiculous they've made the last four nodes. Make it difficult, but not impossible you jack wagons...