Skip your turn!

HAM
12 posts Member
edited February 2016
So I just got this crazy idea, what if you could skip your turn. For example you are play galactic war and your enemy is low only one more hit. What if you could skop that turn and then heal yourself. ( i dont know if that made sense i hope it did). Just an idea i think it would be a nice edition to the game

Skip your turn! 87 votes

Yes!
74%
MackemSLAMcosmicturtle333HavokTriggerAbyssBoro_Smooth1jeremyj26cha0sslmcmrclhsZtyleLocoAlBentWookieeVouterReyneShanksstupidfatfoolRogerfanEM650McShartSG6 65 votes
No!
25%
obiwan1011Skitskalled3gaussMerilonRolotomasi859HarfoushAnubisPlasmajLirgdarth_mol_elizaTheReal_Mol_Eliza1MikymateAnnastraszaLordRathNonValidUserAlkunYudokaButterMyCakesQuigonlivesStarjumper 22 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes!
    I think it should be an option to not attack. It is a tactical option for example to not attack Dooku when you are about to die, but unfortunately it's not an option. I think there should be an option to pass or skip.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe a defend option with a cool down
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. I like it from a tactical perspective to prevent a counter attack on a specific hero.
  • Options
    Yes!
    Blam wrote: »
    Maybe a defend option with a cool down

Nice idea!
  • Options
    The problem with that is it would allow you in GW to just skip your turn over and over until your cooldowns were all reset - which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but if they wanted us to have an automatic way to accomplish starting each match with fresh cooldowns they wouldn't have made them carry over.

That being said - I do think the game should have it overall. I hate it when I am forced to attack someone who has counter-attack, knowing that it's going to kill my character. One option to accomplish this would be that every character has a passive skill - one that provides little to no benefit, but that allows that character to do some sort of non-attack move. It would have cooldowns just like every other ability, which would curb any overuse (though I'm not sure why overuse would be a problem outside of GW)
  • Options
    Yes!
    People would just use it to refresh cooldowns in GW
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    Yes. Being forced into a suicide attack against a countering character sucks...
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    @akositzke thats easy handled, if you skip turn cooldown is also skipped
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Yes!
    Why would ppl skip and attack if u cant use speciel attack anyway?
  • Options
    No!
    I agree that a skip turn would have its benefits but could be abused in GW to heal your team to full health, and revive and refresh all cool downs if you leave their weakest attacker standing.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Yes!
    Starjumper wrote: »
    I agree that a skip turn would have its benefits but could be abused in GW to heal your team to full health, and revive and refresh all cool downs if you leave their weakest attacker standing.

It couldn't really be abused if the opposing team can still target you, your character can still take damage and die. Skipping or passing your turn is only useful in avoiding making an attack against an enemy that would counterattack forcing you to basically commit suicide.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    @akositzke thats easy handled, if you skip turn cooldown is also skipped
    Do not work.
    You skip turn on Geo Soldier so the dude do not die and Luminara acts and refreshes the heal or Poggle refreshes his buff. Ussually the cooldowns you want to refresh are in chars with low damage. It is the heavy hitters the ones you want to skip turn.
  • Options
    This could be easily abused. It would make more sense if it was exclusive to GW and could only be used 1-3 times per battle.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes!
    I think it should be an option to not attack. It is a tactical option for example to not attack Dooku when you are about to die, but unfortunately it's not an option. I think there should be an option to pass or skip.

This but why not go futher and make it a defend option that makes you take x % less damage while you are in defense.

Edit: maybe to avoid abuse it takes one turn to swap from defense to offense again.
  • Options
    This will give a disadvantage to retaliate-type characters, so no. I do think that a long cooldown skip turn feature should be available in GW, bit only there.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    No!

While it is sensible, attackers already have enough advantage over the poor A.I and yet, you want to add one more advantage? Uh... no, thanks.
  • Options
    Yes!
    Skipping a turn is a valid strategy that should be implemented in all aspects of the game.

Example - If I have a toon with 10% health it should not be made to attack somebody with counter.
  • Options
    No!
    I am putting cases on all of you who voted Yes.
    Pelican Bay Shoe Program.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Counterattack, and specialyy Kylo's retsliate, would be meaningless this way.
  • Options
    Yes!
    I voted yes, however, I agree with what someone else wrote; Skipping turn shouldn't reduce cool downs. At least this would give you the option to not suicide but still keep it in the spirit the devs are looking for.
  • Options
    Yes!
    Many people, including myself, have suggested a defend option.
  • Options
    Yes!
    My idea was simular to this however with a twist.

Say you have 3 characters that "pop" at the same time, I'd prefer to be able to swap to the other characters for strategic advantage. IE. Jedi Consular and Barriss, on the healer and support challenge, 3 times in a row it made me use Barriss before Consular even tho they popped at the same time. It would have been to my advantage to use Consular''s heal before Barriss', but I had no option to swap ready characters.
  • Options
    Yes!
    Please don't necro very old threads.

:|
This discussion has been closed.