Advice for my Arena squad? F2P

Hi, i rank in the top 150-200 for the most part, and I really need some advice as to what i should do to improve my ranking.

Currently run Boba (L), wedge, biggs, rex, and qgj ; all at least g10 with decent mods

I know that the meta right now is zaul , but i am in no position to follow the late bandwagon so i need some input as to how this team can be improved upon cause it doesn't hold up defensively

I've tried Rex Lead but i lose my crit consistency so im not sure what i should do, sort of a stalemate for my progress as of now

Any help is extremely appreciated and my swgoh.gg profile is linked if you need more info

Thank you!
https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level

Replies

• Options
    Post your swgoh.gg account link.
  • Options
    Try Luminara too cuz she is very powerful once she is upgraded a lot.
  • Options
    @ExarTheKun my swgoh.gg profile is right on the bottom of this message and the previous one

but if you can't see it then ; https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

• Options
    @SkywalkerPan She is definitely a great character for mid game players especially in GW, but i don't see any lumis in top 200 let alone top 100 :/ and i haven't touched her in almost 6+months

• Options
    I would run Wedge as your lead. Then get sth or another tank geared up. Keep qgj and boba. Your team has no synergy right now, that is why you struggle.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    For short term, your team lack of Taunt tank, make you fall down so easy.

May be change Rex or Boba to farm Han first. Han will make your current team better as TM gain.

Refer your Roster, Jedi may be fit,plan to zeta QGJ first if can, then run Jedi, Gear up Yoda and zeta him.

Middle term run zQGJ lead,Yoda for tena up to beat Maul,1 strongest Jedi, Biggs,Wedge.

Jedi mix with Wiggs is great, you can try as Yoda tenacity up+zeta BM is game changer for current META.

Gear up Anakin or Aayla.

And change guild to do Heroic AAT to get GK asap.My guild sometime have vacant to let you join if you are not do Heroic.

GK will make your Jedi very viable.

You can see my profile below as my Roster at first nearly same as you and I'm 100% F2P
  • Options
    for a quick fix, run wedge lead and ditch qgj for Fun Sac and ditch rex for lando. Rex is great as a lead but too squishy to be a squad member.
  • Options
    and don't waste a zeta on QGJ unless you plan on going all in on Jedi...which in top 20 arena are very rare as they are very bad on defense.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    and don't waste a zeta on QGJ unless you plan on going all in on Jedi...which in top 20 arena are very rare as they are very bad on defense.

Yes,if no GK, for my Sep 2016 shard, I'm only 1 in top 20 who run Jedi.

In top 50 may be total 3 Jedi but they not have GK yet so it not viable.

On defense I fall down to rank 5 to worst at 18,...anyway same as Maul lead as they also fall down same same as me.

On attack turn, beat every Maul,Rex lead team without a retry. Rarely lost on attack turn.
  • Options
    To be honest, I'd ditch Qui Gon Jin, first thing.

I actually look for teams running him as he's too squishy to do much. Yes he has a buff wipe that gives offense up, but you already have a buff wipe that kills people with no hope of reviving in Boba.

I'd probably stick Emperor Palpatine in there instead looking at your roster. Yes, he's squishy. Yes he dies first and fast on defense. But that's a good thing: If they are attacking your Emperor Palpatine, they aren't taking out Wedge before you even get one triple assist off.

To be honest I would probably ditch Wiggs for Sidious and Sun Fac. Counter attacking taunter with a buff wipe on basic that heals him? That can be a problem. AoE expose is quite righteous as well.

And ditch the Boba lead for Rex. Yes, your crit damage will suffer, but if you want to break higher than your current rank, you won't do it relying on crits. Too many top end teams/toons have a lot of crit hate: Zaul lead, Rex lead, Zarris, GK, Savage...

There's probably more, but practically every one of those teams/toons is top end current meta (except for Zarris, arguably). The Crit hate is why I can't get into the top 10 with my droid team anymore, though I do still make top 20.
  • Options
    @BrandonC1465 Thanks for the link!

So here is your biggest dilema.. As a team, your toons lack the required synergy to advance in rank. You have two paths before you that are fairly short and easy to follow..

Path One: Rebels
    -MAIN CONCERN is that your mods are pitiful for your level. Dedicate at least a two weeks (preferably a month) of hard farming crit chance and crit damage mods for a rebel squad. (+30 speed primary is a must, and at a minimum).
    -In the mean time, you can put Lando in as lead for a small speed boost and decent crit damage. Eventually you want Wedge lead with a super fast Biggs.
    -With your lead picked out, you need some DPS. Wedge and Biggs is obviously the core of your damage. An opening three hit insta kill making any most matches easy wins. Counters come in the forms of ShT and Baze which will be later addressed.
    -Lando needs crits, and the most obvious choice from your roster for that is Leia. Aside from that she is super fast and hits like a train. If you want utility beyond a CC buff, then use Boba Fett under Lando (he gains the speed and damage buff too). His ability block and execute are great against Baze teams too. So you can decide between the two.
    -Finally get a tank. You don't need your QGJ, however useful his debuff and assist may be. Rebels do enough damage as is and you lack a focal point for incoming damage. STHan is your best choice for many reasons. He is F2P farmable (Baze is better if you can obtain him). His TM is great on offense (Baze will counter and feed TM to your team like an ****). He gains the speed boost from Lando, and a fast tank is a useful tank. You can get under rank 100 easily with that cheesy team which you already have.

Path Two: Jedi
    -MAIN CONCERN is still mods. Go figure.
    -Aside from that, you need a lead. zQGJ is your man, but ONLY AFTER you get GK and some better mods. Until then, gear up your IGD and let him help you keep your team under rank 100.
    -Jedi teams have tons of utility, but often lack damage. With IGD you will get damage in the form of counters. You will need good counter attackers such as Aayala (at a minimum), 5s or Kit Fisto. (With Gar Saxon coming out, his unique is a cool but possibly over valued addition to this team. Basically if Aayala or Fives double counter, Saxon also double counters).
    -More damage can be found in the form of Anakin and Ahsoka who hit hard together.
    -You also need to resist some status effects. Jedi are suckers for Dark Side detrimental effects, basically pin cussions. Easiest counter is a super fast Yoda to throw up BM and save the day.
    -Once you have GK, you can use a zQGJ lead and zeta Yodas BM for more survivability. Then throw in someone like DN or zKylo to mess people up, or stick with a full Jedi team and add DPS.

Pros and Cons:
    -With a solid zeta'd Jedi team, and amazing mods, you can easily contend for #1. You will still fall reasonably far between payouts, but attacking people should almost be a breeze.
    -With a rebel squad, you NEED Chaze to compete in top 10 arena after a while. There is no way around it once people start using zeta'd heroes and better mods. You can likely stay under 50 or so with some great mods and dedication, but more zVader, zMaul and zDN and Rex leads will mean you will have little chance of prevailing for long.

Hope this helps. Good luck my friend.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    Ohhh, fastest way to improve your rank is start over, you can get top 10 in 3 day if play well or P2P

Trick is you should play until level 28 asap then if your rank is lower than 2000 then it is very easy to keep in top 10 with right team.

Just in case you like to have good rank in short time.
  • Options
    Advice: go p2p.
  • Options
    Advice: go p2p.

LOL
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    @BrandonC1465 Thanks for the link!

-Once you have GK, you can use a zQGJ lead and zeta Yodas BM for more survivability. Then throw in someone like DN or zKylo to mess people up, or stick with a full Jedi team and add DPS.

I think of zKylo in Jedi too, as it force to attack him and let him reduce cool down. He may be best attacker?

But for DN, what for... Jedi lack of debuff. What is his benefit to Jedi.

• Options
    Replacing QGJ by STH can be a solution
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd ditch Qui Gon Jin, first thing.

I actually look for teams running him as he's too squishy to do much. Yes he has a buff wipe that gives offense up, but you already have a buff wipe that kills people with no hope of reviving in Boba.

I'd probably stick Emperor Palpatine in there instead looking at your roster. Yes, he's squishy. Yes he dies first and fast on defense. But that's a good thing: If they are attacking your Emperor Palpatine, they aren't taking out Wedge before you even get one triple assist off.

To be honest I would probably ditch Wiggs for Sidious and Sun Fac. Counter attacking taunter with a buff wipe on basic that heals him? That can be a problem. AoE expose is quite righteous as well.

And ditch the Boba lead for Rex. Yes, your crit damage will suffer, but if you want to break higher than your current rank, you won't do it relying on crits. Too many top end teams/toons have a lot of crit hate: Zaul lead, Rex lead, Zarris, GK, Savage...

There's probably more, but practically every one of those teams/toons is top end current meta (except for Zarris, arguably). The Crit hate is why I can't get into the top 10 with my droid team anymore, though I do still make top 20.

This is probably the best advice I've seen on this thread....if you want to get out of the 150-200 range. Everybody else is saying run rebels or run Jedi. Just plain no. Rex lead for sure. I assume you are surrounded by rebels who are stacked with crit mods? What happens to your Rex team if the other team crits? Just something to think about.

I know you're f2p but think about using a refresh or two a day. Once you get closer to the top 20 you'll find teams where Rex lead really shines.