Lando lead question

Hello everyone! New to forum and new to game. Almost a month old, top 100-50 in my shard in arena, top 5 ships. Reading over the forums has been quite helpful overall so thanks everyone!

My question comes about speed and turn meter. I run lando as lead with boba, st han, biggs, ackbar. I set my mods so that boba goes first, then han, then ackbar, then lando, then biggs. My speed without lando leadership ability on boba is 164. Han is 152. Most always in battle boba goes first overall as intended. And then han goes. The issue comes with ackbar and lando. I set ackbar speed at 138 and lando I have actually lowered to 116. I still end up out of order more then half of the time with those 2. Most of the time lando goes first defeating my strategy of using tactical genius before double down with lando to go twice in a row. I have tried increasing ackbar speed, lowering lando speed, and this is still usually the outcome. Lando attacking first before ackbar. Even with lando leadership ability he still wouldn't pass up ackbar even if ackbar somehow wasn't receiving the extra speed. Is there some kind of bug not allowing this to wai or is it just bad rng somehow even though the numbers should not play out like that?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

And one last thought, I can get 4 rebels to seven stars by the time of the emperor event, as I am nearly seven star with lando and biggs, and almost to six star with ackbar and han, my question comes with either eventually opening up my wallet if i miss the farm on a fifth seven star rebel, or just really focusing on someone for 20 days. My question is my level will be close to 70 by that time, and gear 8-9, would that be suffice to complete the event? Thus worth the hurried grind, or would i still get smacked down with a level 70 gear 8 team anyway so its not worth it until two months from now?

Replies

• Options
    Han is bringing both Ackbar and Lando to full TM.

When 2 toons are full TM you have a coin flip.

You need to speed up Han or slow down Lando to make sure Lando is at 99% TM or less after Han gives everyone TM.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    i think ideally sth goes first to get aggro and tm, ackbar puts up tg, then 2x lando aoe
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    When 2 characters reach 100% TM at the same time, the order in which they will attack is randomized. It doesn't matter that Ackbar is faster, as him and Lando both reach 100% TM when Han taunts.

It is counter-intuitive, but it's not necessarily the fastest character that attacks first when multiple characters reach 100% TM.

For Palp, you need 5 Rebels. You need to complete tier 5 at least to unlock him.
    So focus on a 5th Rebel, bring him to 5* and you should be able to get him.
    You might manage to finish T6, but T7 isn't doable with a lvl 70 team.
  • Options
    That makes complete sense now that I see what is happening, thanks slick. Boba is my lifeline with that team and i count on his ability block or dispelling rocket more then just about anything else so i have made him separate from the rest of the squad speed wise to keep up with my shard. He goes first over just about everyone in my shard. So my issue really becomes hans taunt and the coin flip. So with han receiving the extra 13 speed from lando lead he would be at 165. That would also put lando to 130. Any ideas how low i would need to put lando in order to stay just under 100 percent?

Or maybe I should just wait until attack 2 in order to taunt han? Although that seems like a risky move.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sthan pushes Ackbar and Lando both to 100% TM. When two or more characters hit 100% TM at the same time, there is a coin flip as to who goes first. Also, it's worth noting that Ackbar isn't very good in arena, so try to replace him until you get wedge in there.
    Gear 7/8 and decent mods will be enough to get 5* palp. 7* palp, however may require gear 8/9. As a 5th rebel you could either:
    A. Halt on sthan and Ackbar, and focus only on leia to get her to 5* before the end of the event so you at least unlock palp.
    B. Power through some cantina battles until you reach wedge's node, and farm him. Again, looking at you pr crystal income, 5* may only just be within reach, however, farming him in the ship store too will speed things up.
    C. Farm bodhi rook from GW. Although he's a terrible character, he should be a fairly quick farm providing you clear GW daily.
    Whichever you feel would be the easiest to get to 5* or even higher by the time the event is over.
  • Options
    If you can get wedge to 7* you can complete the whole event
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Awesome info. I did not run ackbar until recently when I figured out the double down spam, which works wonders on my new shard. Keep in mind there is noone over level 68, no zeta, no nothing you guys are used to, so in my shard land rebels rule, and ackbar is still okay. I used to run vader in that slot, but i found ackbar to be much better.

On second thought, I think I might have the best chance to farm wig from the ship shop. I am on a BRAND new ship shard, I worked up to number 1 today with just the starting ships. So I have been putting a lot of effort into using those shards to work on ships so i can keep the top, but i think maybe if i can get 10 shards of wig each day i could get him 5 stars. My question then becomes does he always show up in there? Or is he also random?
  • Options
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! Awesome info. I did not run ackbar until recently when I figured out the double down spam, which works wonders on my new shard. Keep in mind there is noone over level 68, no zeta, no nothing you guys are used to, so in my shard land rebels rule, and ackbar is still okay. I used to run vader in that slot, but i found ackbar to be much better.

On second thought, I think I might have the best chance to farm wig from the ship shop. I am on a BRAND new ship shard, I worked up to number 1 today with just the starting ships. So I have been putting a lot of effort into using those shards to work on ships so i can keep the top, but i think maybe if i can get 10 shards of wig each day i could get him 5 stars. My question then becomes does he always show up in there? Or is he also random?
    He's random. You should try to get to his cantina node too. If you need help powering through the cantina stages, give us your ally code and I'll add you, and I'm sure others will as well
  • Options
    MayAddy622 wrote: »

He's random. You should try to get to his cantina node too. If you need help powering through the cantina stages, give us your ally code and I'll add you, and I'm sure others will as well

I could definately use the help, and if anyone wants to browse my roster and make any suggestions im all eyes too.

671-973-369
  • Options
    Sent
  • Options
    Sent

Accepted and thanks;)
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    What about scarif rebel pathfinder? I do two cantina refills a day. Is that more viable toon and option then bodhi?

The whole problem with getting wig is that cantina node to unlock him I need to be level 69..It will take me 20 days just to get to that level. By the time i get there, the event will be started and i won't have enough time to farm him. So it's all ship shop or nothing for wig unfortunately for this time around.
    Post edited by MayAddy622 on