Holding Rank in Arena

Hello,

I was just curiois about what a typically drop in arena rank is...I only ask as I see many on here claim to not drop rank below 10 or 15 over night.

I'm on an older shard running a Rex lead, Chase, Kylo, and Boba. All maxed geared and modded for speed. Rex speed is 240, Churit 236, Boba 224, and Kylo 209. I typically win nearly every time I'm in control on offense falling anywhere from 3-15 at payout with no refreshes.

Overnight I'm dropping on a "good day" in the low 20's and on a bad day in the mid to high 30's. Does this sound like a normal overnight drop and any recommendations on how/who to change to minimize the drop?

Thanks!

Replies

• Rui
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Do you not have GK and DN? Rex L, chaze, GK, and DN is possible one of the best teams right now.
  • Options
    Rui wrote: »
    Do you not have GK and DN? Rex L, chaze, GK, and DN is possible one of the best teams right now.

Don't have GK...I've been loyal to the guild I started with and am our strongest member. Disappointing that we aren't there yet, but I'm happy in my guild.

And I'm still working on gearing DN. I'm very close to completely free to play and didn't see an immediate need to add him to my squad as I'm unsure who he would replace. I'm guess Kylo or Boba, but didn't know if not having another tank would allow DN to reach cooldown consistently.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo really gets going with speed and offense when he has a nice stack of debuffs and DOT. Rex and Chirrut are going to cleanse those, which will be counterproductive.
  • Options
    Understood; I like Kylo as he does decent damage, stuns, and has an AOE. So who are some toons you would change him out with?
  • Options
    I dropped from rank 23 to rank 74 in less than a 24 hour period the other day.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Understood; I like Kylo as he does decent damage, stuns, and has an AOE. So who are some toons you would change him out with?

I'm trying to figure than out myself, lol. I am close to changing to Rex (L), GK, Chaze, plus one. I have to choose between Barriss or Kylo or Fett, and they all have a zeta. I just find that Kylo keeps losing his momentum with all the cleansing.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo is awful for defense but godly on offense. There are many who drop a lot more than you, some who drop less. You have good speed mods, replace kylo with nihlus and I bet you'll hold a good deal better.
  • Reef_Raider
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Appreciate all of the insight!

Still welcome comments on the original question; however, is DN viable at 3 star provided he is max geared? Or is that a sure fired way to be targeted with opponents seeing an under-starred toon...And what is the consensus on modding him?
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options

Still welcome comments on the original question; however, is DN viable at 3 star provided he is max geared? Or is that a sure fired way to be targeted with opponents seeing an under-starred toon...And what is the consensus on modding him?

Yea viable at 3* g11, and you won't get targeted that often. I usually don't fall past rank 8 with a 4* nihlus. Mod him for mostly speed and some protection
  • Options
    Mazurka wrote: »

Yea viable at 3* g11, and you won't get targeted that often. I usually don't fall past rank 8 with a 4* nihlus. Mod him for mostly speed and some protection

Okay! I appreciate the information. I still have a little ways to go in gearing him before contemplating the switch. It is a shame Kylo does hold well on defense...

• Options
    It depends mostly on RNG for me. I only fight my way up 3 hours before my pay out. Somtimes I drop from #2 to #18, other days I find myself at #7 :) I'm running zMaul(L), sith assassin 4* (+106 speed), zDN 4*, zSavage and EP.

Like the other guys mention, Rex(L), Chaze, GK and DN is the best squad atm. If you do not have GK yet, you can use your Kylo or Bodda :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Like the other guys mention, Rex(L), Chaze, GK and DN is the best squad atm. If you do not have GK yet, you can use your Kylo or Bodda :)

EP works quite well on offense as well — both against zMaul leads and 'mirror' teams with DN instead. I almost always manage to kill enemy DN before his first annihilation.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    It mostly depends on how many players can beat you. If 3 players can beat you, than you have a top 20 team as overnight drop. 2 is a top 10, 1 is a top 5,
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on an older server and I run Rex L, Chaze, GK, and DN and usually finish top 5 and drop to the mid teens each night. I can usually get back to top 5 without any refreshes.

DN is key to beating those teams with Barris, Savage, or Kylo. DN should be viable at 3* with G11.
  • Options
    Cool! I'm working towards G10 with DN...and definitely can see him helping with some of those toons mentioned.

There are a few teams in my shard that I actively avoid as there is a good chance I time out based on some of those toons.

If I was to drop one of my current toons...would Kylo or Boba be considered the weaker link?
  • Options
    I normally drop to 10-15 range over night, bad luck to low 20s.

My arena squad is in the link below
  • Options
    Cool! I'm working towards G10 with DN...and definitely can see him helping with some of those toons mentioned.

There are a few teams in my shard that I actively avoid as there is a good chance I time out based on some of those toons.

If I was to drop one of my current toons...would Kylo or Boba be considered the weaker link?
    I'd say both, since you don't have GK, drop boba first
  • Options
    So is a 3* fully geared chirrut okay or is that not ideal?
  • Options
    My drop rate is crazy.
    I run a Rex lead with Cody, Echo, Fives and Boba. Not the greatest team but I enjoy it.
    I can easily work my way into the top 25 but can end up between spots 175-200 overnight.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    Tobe_Train wrote: »
    My drop rate is crazy.
    I run a Rex lead with Cody, Echo, Fives and Boba. Not the greatest team but I enjoy it.
    I can easily work my way into the top 25 but can end up between spots 175-200 overnight.

Holy smokes bro, you gotta replace echo and Cody.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    My drop rate is crazy.

Drop Cody for Clone Sergeant.
  • Options
    Rui wrote: »

Don't have GK...I've been loyal to the guild I started with and am our strongest member. Disappointing that we aren't there yet, but I'm happy in my guild.

And I'm still working on gearing DN. I'm very close to completely free to play and didn't see an immediate need to add him to my squad as I'm unsure who he would replace. I'm guess Kylo or Boba, but didn't know if not having another tank would allow DN to reach cooldown consistently.

Don't take this the wrong way..but staying in a guild because it's fun and you are loyal isn't gonna help you get Kenobi. What's gonna eventually happen is once your guild starts trying to do the HAAT on a regular basis and fails..people are gonna bounce and go to a stronger guild leaving the one your in weaker because new players will also join that isn't gonna be HAAT ready. And maybe players won't bounce..but it has happen before. Many guilds broke up because of HAAT in the past. A lot of people are finally getting Kenobi unlocked. You really don't want to be one of the ones 6 months down the road that still doesn't have him. Possibly even longer if a lot of people in your guild is f2p.

Ultimately..the choice is yours alone to make.
  • Options
    20-50 spots drop....
  • Options
    BrillO wrote: »
    My drop rate is crazy.

Holy smokes bro, you gotta replace echo and Cody.

Never!!