Should I gear Han Solo?

Is he worth the gear I've had him at 7* for a while and never use him, idk if he would work well with my collection
https://swgoh.gg/u/utzpanem/collection/

Replies

• Options
    The auto taunters made him useless :/
  • Options
    Do you ever have a hard time getting through galactic war? Because he is really solid for stuns here and there.
  • Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    Do you ever have a hard time getting through galactic war? Because he is really solid for stuns here and there.

Ahh that's truth, if your focus is not arena he is good.
  • Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »

I think there is better characters and teams to build if he is having trouble with GW. That being said, I'm not sure on your situation. If you are still working on building your roster, then I would wait. Much better toons, but if you are just looking to sub in a few toons here and there, he is good, not meta by far, but not a bad character. Definitely not a toon you will use as a staple though.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    He works great in GW or Phase 2/4 of the tank raid, even just at gear 10. He's not much use in the higher levels of the arena.
  • Options
    How is he for credit heists?
  • Options
    He's tough to gear, but I think he's worthwhile as a tier 2 toon. So I would only gear him if you have 5-10 current meta characters at at least g11. Then you could gear HS as a useful side project.
  • Options
    He's good if you face a faster team, who does not have a pretaunt (Shore or Baze) and also good in P4 AAT with WIggs and Chaze. If you face drioids, he is very effective with an opening stun against JE. He could actually be useful against Maul or Sith Assassin if those teams are not using a pretaunt.
  • Options
    DarthPhaco wrote: »
    How is he for credit heists?

You shouldn't have any trouble with Credit Heists when you have Han Solo anyway. But yes, he is good for that too.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    He's good if you face a faster team, who does not have a pretaunt (Shore or Baze) and also good in P4 AAT with WIggs and Chaze. If you face drioids, he is very effective with an opening stun against JE. He could actually be useful against Maul or Sith Assassin if those teams are not using a pretaunt.

Won't work against Maul, both him and Assassin are stealthed. Won't work against zQGJ jedis either, because foresight. Just accept that he's pretty useless for Arena purposes.
  • Options
    A good Lando is really all you need for Heist. I use Boba lead, 88, Lando, STH, OG Han.
  • Options
    I found Han super easy to get to gear X. He's good for the scoundrel events and in tank raid.
  • Options
    Was wondering about modding him, what would people recommend? Is it best to give him potency mods for his initial stun or crit chance mods for his turn meter attack?
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

Won't work against Maul, both him and Assassin are stealthed. Won't work against zQGJ jedis either, because foresight. Just accept that he's pretty useless for Arena purposes.

Works great against an all sith squad in conjunction with B2. If SASS dodges, B2 can proc.
  • Options
    Han solo is one of the worst toons in the game
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    He and Grievous are huge disappointments considering the amount of effort it takes to get them to 7*.
  • Options
    Simple fix: his shoot first cannot be evaded, stun can't be resisted and avoids taunt.
  • Options
    For HAAT - I guess phase 2 or 4 - does Han deal a lot of damages such as Wiggs? Do you guys know if he hits 10k+ with his basic?

I'm very disappointed by Jyn's damage, both basic and AoE, compares to what Wiggs can inflict. Even Lando deals greater damages with his basic than Jyn.
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    Simple fix: his shoot first cannot be evaded, stun can't be resisted and avoids taunt.

+1
    Or simply change the mechanic so he shoots before any other effect, I.E. stealth or auto-taunts, take effect
    They really should do this because his worth as a raid reward is nowhere near GK
  • Options
    No. Trophy character. Nothing more.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have used Raid Han in arena vs Zmaul + SithAssassin +3Sith teams... If the entire squad is Sith (all start in stealth) so can stun the Sith Assassin. Mine is only G7 so dies before he moves again, but still effective. Not sure if I would gear him to full however.

If he does survive till second turn he can give squad evasion+crit up. Would be useful on Zmaul teams...
  • Options
    Nor for arena anyway
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Utz_Panem wrote: »
    Is he worth the gear I've had him at 7* for a while and never use him, idk if he would work well with my collection
    https://swgoh.gg/u/utzpanem/collection/

No, unless you hate time, effort, money, your life. That is all.
  • Options

Cool idea but maybe a little too good? I'm spitballing but what if they added "...and remove any buffs from targeted character," to his opening shot? It'd still help autotaunters stay relevant but give a nice counter to them as well.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Cool idea but maybe a little too good? I'm spitballing but what if they added "...and remove any buffs from targeted character," to his opening shot? It'd still help autotaunters stay relevant but give a nice counter to them as well.

No it would make him viable again, one stun at the start of the match isn't going to win you the fight anyway
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    If you drop to the 500s in arena and Droids are giving you a problem, Han can lock down JE. Otherwise, no uses.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if he got a slight rework, but wouldn't expect it until his falcon is released.