Tutorial Speed (and 1x speed more generally)

Malgrin
149 posts Member
1) Tutorial Speed is locked at 1x
2) 1x speed is slower than the original game speed
3) You can't skip/use auto in Tutorial

These three things make for an intolerable tutorial experience. I know that a long time ago, you added the ability to skip a tutorial, but this only applies if you're logging into an account you already have. If you want to create a new account, or are starting as a new player, you can't skip the tutorial, and you can't use auto for it, so the whole thing feels pretty awful. I recently created a new alt to help my guild produce additional raid tickets, and having to go through all of this was miserable. I'm sure some new players won't continue to play the game after seeing the tutorial.

I love that we've added 4x speed, but having run the tutorial again, I am completely convinced 1x speed is slower than the original game speed because the tutorial did not take me that long in the past. Please investigate.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    As per #2, I believe that @scuba has compared old video to new and felt they looked similar. When I've looked at the resting animations (the bobbing, breathing, etc.), 2x looks fast and 1x looks right.

From the little I know of psychology, we shouldn't undetestimate tricks of perception.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    As per #2, I believe that scuba has compared old video to new and felt they looked similar. When I've looked at the resting animations (the bobbing, breathing, etc.), 2x looks fast and 1x looks right.

From the little I know of psychology, we shouldn't undetestimate tricks of perception.

Yeah I was pretty sure 2x was more like the old normal speed but comparing some old and new vid 1x looks very close to old normal speed. Crazy that it was actually playable.