Best example of useless Gear on a character, ever.

So I'm gearing up IG86 to mess around with a 3-assist team.

And I come across this at Gear 6:

lol86.png

What?

This character does NO Special Damage

Therefore also needs NO Special crit

And is AGI based

What is the point of this?

Do the developers have anyone on staff who actually looks at Gear on characters, or character stats?

It really feels like this game is a child coloring book, sometimes.

Replies

• Options
    So needing to farm 50 of one piece of equipment eh? Any thoughts on that? For those of you at 70 already are there any tips you got? Just grind it out?
  • Options
    It's pretty insane, those gears that you need 50 purple at 10 energy per try
    Took me about 5 days using 5 refreshes a day to get that 1 priece
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    It's pretty insane, those gears that you need 50 purple at 10 energy per try
    Took me about 5 days using 5 refreshes a day to get that 1 priece

You got good drop rates :) This week I spent 10 refils to have 11 pieces only.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    So after a couple of days with the Tank challenge. I acquired numerous of these purple stun guns without having seen a single toon who needs them. Same goes for these laptops mV purple eyeballs and the grey shelves things. Can you a name a toon who needs this kind of equip?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There are characters that use all of those, though the lower-level ones drop in excess quantities in the challenges. Hang onto them.
    If you do want to sell some of the stuff you have hundreds of, you need to do it before the patch. But you will get very few credits for them.
    They said they have no current plans to provide a use for these extra items, which doesn't make a lot of sense. But maybe that will change in the future.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    QGJ, Sid, Poe, Daka, a lot use those items.

And the next update will show you which toons you have that need that gear (usually when upgrading from Gear VI to VII)
  • Dvine
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Actually I don't want to sell them. Is there a website or thread which gives an overview of required gear for some toons? So I could look forward unlocking these toons.
    But ok Ill wait for the update.
  • Options
    Don't think there is database with all the gear requirements. I know Poggle uses the purple blaster and ig88 uses the Vaio laptop.
  • Options
    The new patch coming out also seems to have some nice improvement in gear views and ways to see who needs what. One that is desperately needed, imho.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The game does have a lot of fundamental mistakes in it. Seems like a small staffed group on stupid deadlines that were rushed. There wasn't ample time put into design, very evident.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Daka has a huge amount of INT and especial damage, yet she does only physical damage
  • Options
    Should see Poggle's gear. One of the highest special damage stats, no way to deal it.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Daka has a huge amount of INT and especial damage, yet she does only physical damage
    Should see Poggle's gear. One of the highest special damage stats, no way to deal it.

I mean, both of them have INT as a primary stat, so it DOES in fact increase your Physical damage by 1.4 per point of INT, along with 1.4 SD per point.

So the INT serves a purpose. and a lot of INT comes with SD on Gear.

At least that makes a small, albeit frustrating amount of sense.

But this? None. Absolutely none.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

You'd think Daka's fancy stun would be classified as a special attack, but nope! :/
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Time? They had over 2 months since release and way more then that since soft launch. CG/EA for some reason consider it is done right, that is the only explanation here. Because fixing obvious flaws like that doesn't take more then a day or two.
  • Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    The game does have a lot of fundamental mistakes in it. Seems like a small staffed group on stupid deadlines that were rushed. There wasn't ample time put into design, very evident.

What boggles my mind is that they have to have someone doing character design and game balance, right?

Or don't they? Does the game just sit until Jesse or Salerna or whoever can get around to it when they're not trying to calm people on the forums?

And if they do, WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING.

I could probably go through and catalog very basic changes to gear and stat balance in 2 weeks (80 hours or less) that would significantly improve the game.

This game has been out for 4 months.

It makes my head hurt.
  • Options
    Two detonators equal binoculars? That's some fancy ****. They could at least use some of KotoR gear ideas
  • Options
    Dvine wrote: »
    Two detonators equal binoculars? That's some fancy ****. They could at least use some of KotoR gear ideas

You know, I can more or less forgive the stupid "attach a metal rod to a ball and it makes binoculars!" thing. I don't expect that sort of in-universe depth from a game I can play on my phone.

But the stats thing really bugs me.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    What?

This character does NO Special Damage

Therefore also needs NO Special crit

And is AGI based

What is the point of this?
    OMG post so toxic. Why you not be grateful?
    But seriously.. yes it makes no sense, and yes it is something an intern should be able to fix in a few hours.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    INT=Physical Damage, Special Damage & Resistance
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

You "clearly" know the game sir! LOL
  • Options
    Yeah, I am hoping some of the challenges start dropping them after the update because I have about 10 toons that need them and some of them need multiple. If anyone finds a good strategy for it give us a shout!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Lol don't know what happend in my brain this was a post @Triqui on his Daka post

Have to learn to look at my own posts :D
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This has been asked numerous times... i.e. why do we have heroes that have a special damage value when none of their abilities deal special damage.

Are we ever going to get answers to the questions that were raised and collected by EA_Jesse? That was two weeks ago, wasn't it? I guess the answer is... we are too busy preparing for the upcoming update.
  • Options
    How did you get to gear level 13 already?
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. It's a pain. I throw a handful of tries a day at it and try not to obsess over it.

Wallenbees? You the same one I see in the top 10 all the time? I wasn't paying attention and took the default name. I can't even pronounce it. "X'lor Bintaghr" or something like that. They can't give us the ability to change our name fast enough.

Krey
  • Options
    Change that X to a V. ;)
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    This has been asked numerous times... i.e. why do we have heroes that have a special damage value when none of their abilities deal special damage.

Are we ever going to get answers to the questions that were raised and collected by EA_Jesse? That was two weeks ago, wasn't it? I guess the answer is... we are too busy preparing for the upcoming update.

Things is they said that the current version is going through testing. Theoretically the designers should be at their freest now.
  • Options
    Krey wrote: »
    Yeah. It's a pain. I throw a handful of tries a day at it and try not to obsess over it.

Wallenbees? You the same one I see in the top 10 all the time? I wasn't paying attention and took the default name. I can't even pronounce it. "X'lor Bintaghr" or something like that. They can't give us the ability to change our name fast enough.

Krey

Haha not lately.... About a week and a half ago yes, but I can't swing it with all these phasma teams right now. I got a couple things to try out in the next week though, just being patient! You are fun to play against though, probably 50/50 for me.
    Change that X to a V. ;)

Ha! Yes! Thank you. At XIII pieces will probably need 500/500 for one gear
  • Options
    QGJ needs 40 of the stun guns to get to g8.
    Mace needs some to get to g7.