Resistance or first order?

So when the new movie comes I'm sure there will be new characters added on either side, but I trying to see which side everyone thinks is better now and has higher potential later in the game?

Replies

• Options
    FO has 2 toons that take a year to farm through hard modes. If you haven't started yet - go Resistance. Much easier farms.
  • Options
    I have resistance and a lot of my guildies have FO. Both are really fun to play. It's basically your choice into what you want. Both give you teams for mod challenges. I see res more important because- speed. Both are great in HAAT. And FO good in rancor. BUT! Resitance farm is so much easier than FO. You can farm all res easily. FOST and FOTP are long farms. And both factions have ships. Sorry if I didn't answer your question lol
  • Options
    I run full FO with a Zeta'd Phasma and 4* FOST and FOTP. The farm doesn't take a year for them probably more like 8 months (small consolation, I know.). I am having an absolute blast in Arena. And I know they'll be buffed once they release Hux or some other FO character for the movie in December, so they're going to go from great to OP I think. Just my opinion. Btw Phasma, Kylo, and FOO are very easy to farm. So 3/5 you will have 7* in no time. Besides that, once FOST and FOTP are at 5*, it' really the gear level that's going to put them over the edge anyway (unless you're looking at being at number one in your arena shard, then you need every little bit of power you can get.) Obviously, 7* is much better than 5*, and you need 7* for the highest level raids, so there is that to consider as well. I myself have a sith team, jedi team, and rebel team that already do decently in my guild raids, so I can afford to take the time to farm the rest of the FO squad so they can join up in full force in the raids as well.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    If you commit to FOST and FOTP they can be obtained probably in 3-4 months if you farm the 5 nodes daily/religiously and buy the shards in shard shop and occasionally in the store (my experience). So mine as well start on them now.

I'm still sorting my squads currently and from what I'm gathering from the community:

For FO, you need to zeta Phasma, Kylo, and FOO to be effective in P2/P4 HAAT. zKylo can also be used anywhere and in P1 HAAT by himself.

Resistance I believe you only need to zeta Finn to have an effective P2-P4 HAAT squad.

You can't really lose with either, except in arena perhaps.

And you can bet your BB8s they will be adding new Episode 8 characters. Just look at the volume of heroes we got from Rogue One and Rebels TV show in such a short period of time.
  • Options
    FO has 2 toons that take a year to farm through hard modes. If you haven't started yet - go Resistance. Much easier farms.

It does not take a year to farm FOST and FOTP. Each have two hard nodes. Figure 2 shards a day without refreshing. 165 days max. They sometimes show up in shard shop and shipments too. Figure 5-6 months.

Worth it? Who knows, but they are fun!