Guaranteed minimum gear drop

I HATE the gear grind in this game. I get that for pacing reasons and to encourage monetisation gear has to be rare and random to an extent, but there is NOTHING fun about not getting ONE drop of the thing you're grinding for in a whole energy refresh or more.

And isn't that what this game should be? Fun?

So why not make a hard cap on gear drops. I.e. You're guaranteed to get 1 in every 10 say. I mean, I don't know, but it's so frustrating to do 10-15x 3 sims at a time and just repeatedly see nothing useful drop.

Replies

• Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    When you give in, and spend money on a gear pack or refresh or buying completed gear in shipments, CG is having fun. Does that count?
  • Options
    completely agree. 5 top 20 shard people quit the past few weeks and one guy made a very poignant point, he realized the annoyances they built into the game to make money outweigh the fun so he felt like an **** continuing.

I've gotten burned out due to the purp gear grind, gone from dinking around 90 mins a day to 15 and done waiting for new content (not just more toons, you can't gear them anyway so what's the point) or for them to finally do something about the purp gear grind.

If the new content stinks or they don't change the gear grind, it's time to move on finally.
  • Options
    For every person that leaves, there's probably another ten that give in and spend significant sums of money. Whilst I can understand the occasional purchase of the daily crystal bundle, anything more seems a bit of a cop out. Take it from someone who's taken a 9 month hiatus, and has come back way behind and likely to never really catch up. It's not worth stressing over.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Spending money. Good luck.
  • Darth_Skywalker
    202 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The Gears you need will eventually come, it's the very long grind that bothers me. 3 months of grinding and buying Gears I have not leveled a slot in my arena team. Im getting close to filling a slot but the agony. Eventually gear awards won't offer anything I need. Meantime I'm leveling characters to 85
  • Options
    completely agree. 5 top 20 shard people quit the past few weeks a

I've gotten burned out due to the purp gear grind, gone from dinking around 90 mins a day to 15 and done waiting for new content (not just more toons, you can't gear them anyway so what's the point) or for them to finally do something about the purp gear grind.

If the new content stinks or they don't change the gear grind, it's time to move on finally.

I so get you on the who cares about new characters you can't gear anyways. The gear grind pace worked when the game had way less characters. But now we're getting tons of new ones all the time. The gear drop rates could literally be doubled and you would still be gated by gear.