EP Event Preparations

Broulan
374 posts Member
I have very few rebels, and obviously at this point about 18 days to prepare. Currently I have Leia (6* G9), Luke (4* G VII), and Ackbar at 4*, relatively low gear. I have biggs unlocked at 2* but untouched and wedge at 10/80 shards. I was thinking about these 5, as they all have separate farm methods, but I do also have ST Han at 3*, SRP at 2*, and Bistan at 2*. Considering we have 18 days left, will it even be worth it to touch my rebel characters to make them viable? I think the goal would only be to unlock EP at 5*...

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Just work on the easily farmable rebels. If their gear and level are high enough, team composition isn't a huge factor. Its worth it to have EP
  • Options
    Unless you plan on buying the rebel pack that will be offered I don't see it being possible. Good news is that it will be back. And good luck setting a goal will keep you focused in this game.
  • Options
    You can borrow my ep level 11.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure you can't borrow for events correct? I've need doing ok goal-wise, the question is just whether I derail two goals for EP...
  • Options
    I have nothing but EP and nihlus on my borrow page =\
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Tbh I don't think you can get ready in 18 days if you are free to play, but fortunately the event will come back every other month. So set a team for July, focusing on good toons that can be used in more than one place, ditch farmer Luke, farm Biggs from GW, STH from arena, lando and wedge from cantina nodes. Biggs and wedge are great pilots, lando and STH are scoundrels and can be used a lot.
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    Options
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't think you can get ready in 18 days if you are free to play, but fortunately the event will come back every other month. So set a team for July, focusing on good toons that can be used in more than one place, ditch farmer Luke, farm Biggs from GW, STH from arena, lando and wedge from cantina nodes. Biggs and wedge are great pilots, lando and STH are scoundrels and can be used a lot.

I just wanted to quote this for emphasism.
  • Options
    Broulan wrote: »
    I have very few rebels, and obviously at this point about 18 days to prepare. Currently I have Leia (6* G9), Luke (4* G VII), and Ackbar at 4*, relatively low gear. I have biggs unlocked at 2* but untouched and wedge at 10/80 shards. I was thinking about these 5, as they all have separate farm methods, but I do also have ST Han at 3*, SRP at 2*, and Bistan at 2*. Considering we have 18 days left, will it even be worth it to touch my rebel characters to make them viable? I think the goal would only be to unlock EP at 5*...

Try to get Biggs and K2SO from GW. If you finish GW you have 15 shards per day. Lando and Wedge are great but if want EP promote Luke and Ackbar to 5* and gear them. In fleet store sometimes is Ackbar. Don't forget that EP event will last at least 7 day after it begins. So you have about 25 days to upgrade your Rebels.
  • Options
    But is it worth it to derail other plans? I have 0 fully geared toons (but am close) and don't contribute as much as I'd like in raids... The plan has been to finish gearing either clones and/or jedi, as they make 1/2 way decent arena teams (on offense, which at my level on such an old shard is enough to keep the rank I'd like) and can be built very well for HAAT and also working on dark side ships for zeta farming. Of course the rebel diversion is just completely in the opposite direction....
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Just remember a ep 5* is still very viable in arena gear rebels to at least 7 5*ep is very easy to get so you don't have to take your focus too far away just adjust if the work takes too far from your main focus don't lose focus you can always get him the next time around and not have to rush it
  • Options
    You mean gear 7 5* right? I've heard that's about where people beat him just to unlock, so its not a bad idea.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Cool, thanks everyone for the suggestions. Gonna think about it for a bit still, but its definitely good to know I probably don't have to invest as much as I initially thought... G7 is usually a day or two of farm at the most, considering everything below 4-5 I have 10 million of...
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly then if you decide you want a 7* ep then put more focus into your rebels but he will be viable at 5* so you will be fine
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That is up to you. What is your priority? I could have full sith team but I wanted Yoda. So I pushed Jedi.
    If you dont want to derail from plan then don't. It is not last EP event. You will have other chances.

What Sith1 said is good idea.
  • Options
    Sith1 wrote: »
    Exactly then if you decide you want a 7* ep then put more focus into your rebels but he will be viable at 5* so you will be fine

I just want to second this. I've been using 5* EP since I unlocked him last December. I'm hoping the team I have (Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, STH, Leia, K2SO and SRP, all 7* and gear 7 or higher) will be able to fully 7* him. Cross my fingers and good luck @OP!
  • Options
    Techthulu wrote: »

I just want to second this. I've been using 5* EP since I unlocked him last December. I'm hoping the team I have (Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, STH, Leia, K2SO and SRP, all 7* and gear 7 or higher) will be able to fully 7* him. Cross my fingers and good luck @OP!

Good luck!

Honestly the more I think about it the more I'd like to shy away from it. I'd like a fully geared Jedi team and clone team for arena and raid usage, as well as finish up the ships for the zeta (might be farming zetas in a month?), and the only dark side plans I have were to get kylo for HAAT phase 1 (just about to unlock him, so not all that far.) I don't really have many dark side teams other than bounty hunters (enough for the credit heist yay!) so it just seems like if I invest in rebels to get him, then I'd have to invest in a squad to make him useful, or he'd just replace sidious in my "C" team for GW... Not a great place to put a toon that could take me a month or two to farm...
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Broulan wrote: »
    Techthulu wrote: »

Good luck!

Honestly the more I think about it the more I'd like to shy away from it. I'd like a fully geared Jedi team and clone team for arena and raid usage, as well as finish up the ships for the zeta (might be farming zetas in a month?), and the only dark side plans I have were to get kylo for HAAT phase 1 (just about to unlock him, so not all that far.) I don't really have many dark side teams other than bounty hunters (enough for the credit heist yay!) so it just seems like if I invest in rebels to get him, then I'd have to invest in a squad to make him useful, or he'd just replace sidious in my "C" team for GW... Not a great place to put a toon that could take me a month or two to farm...

Very well thought out. Look for this man in a Top 10 near you.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Faff2D2 wrote: »
    Very well thought out. Look for this man in a Top 10 near you.

Not likely, on an early shard (not exactly sure but late 2015 or early 2016) and had to take 7 months off the game entirely, so beyond the whales there are F2P players literally months ahead of me... :P

• Options
    Getting ep is easy. G7 is all you need and meh mods. Any 5* rebels will do. Should have plenty of time