Stall out characters: Can something be done?

Scorn
411 posts Member
So by stall out characters, i mean enemy characters that can take on teams of 2 or more toons and never die. They include, Chirrut, zSavage, zMaul(as lead),and zKylo Ren.

All of these characters are too good at holding off multiple toons until the timer runs out. It's aggravating to say the last. Nothing worse than taking your team through a whole battle in under a minute, maybe losing one or 2 toons, just to get blocked by Chirrut's, Maul's or Savage's insane healing or Kylo's massive protection gain! They never die!

I know Nihilus is a good counter, but if he's taken out early or you don't have him, these situations become impossible to overcome. I'm not calling for a nerf, but maybe something can be done to stop timeouts by one character from happening.

I propose, like the HAAT does on enrage, that a non dispellable healing immunity, or buff immunity be placed on toons when there is 15 or 30 seconds left on the clock. That's just enough time to kill the straggler and win the match. I mean, you get them down to just 1 toon vs. your 3, it's completely disheartening to see yourself fail because 3 of your toons can't kill their 1.

This is just an idea i have to help in situation like this, because they are getting more common and more annoying. If anyone has a better idea, share it. Maybe we can come up with a way to fix this together. And please be respectful.

Replies

• Options
    Dispell, stun, shock, buff immunity, healing immunity all come to mind. Up your game and your strategy brah.
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So... You have trouble killing off certain toons so you want to chsnge how the game works...

Impeccable logic!
  • Options
    How to kill zeta savage?
    1. High dps toon like boba, chirrut, kylo, fotp, tfp
    2. Use baze single-dispell to turn hots into dots
    3. Dn annihilate
    4. Stun, shock, buff immune

How to lill zeta kylo?
    3. Dn annihilate

How to kill chaze?
    3. Dn annihilate
    5. Keep baze from taunting

How to kill maul?
    3. Dn annihilate
    5. Dont leave him for last
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    vs Chaze, zSavage, or zKylo Ren,

run zKylo and DN, behind at least one tank that can autotaunt, so you have two options with which to deal with these self healing types. That's what I run.

or i imagine DN led with some sith that can daze / shock / stun would also work against all of these you mentioned just fine. no crit equals no self dispel on zSavage and no massive string of DOTs on Chaze either.

or zQGJ w JKA and Aayla, GK optional. all you need is a round of massive burst damage while keeping the target stunned and buff blocked, right?

vs zMaul himself, just don't leave him last. If left last by the end of the fight he has almost a 50% dodge rate before accounting for the time honored AI defense dodge preference. He's relatively slow and squishy so that isn't hard to do

Personally I've definitely had issues with zSavage under zMaul, if RNG's not falling my way, and i miss with zKylo's outrage 5x in a row, then I lose. but that's statistically very unlikely. Dodge RNG will do that sometimes, been that way well before zMaul was a thing.

I've lost to all that you've mentioned, but won a lot more often on offense, but gotta say i've never had an arena battle time out since 4x speed came out on the last QOL update
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    EP lead with TFP, buff immunity and shock for days = dead monkeys....
  • Options
    So what exactly is your team? Let me guess...Wiggs, boba, lando, STHan. That's probably you're main problem right there.
  • Options
    How to kill zeta savage?
    3. Dn annihilate

How to lill zeta kylo?
    3. Dn annihilate

How to kill chaze?
    3. Dn annihilate

How to kill maul?
    3. Dn annihilate

Any way not to use DN annihilate? Lol
  • Options
    man you'd hate my team....

ZMaul
    zSavage
    ZKylo

but like others said.... many counters to them
  • Options
    Many counters to those toons..honestly, I don't see them as a problem.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    I propose, like the HAAT does on enrage, that a non dispellable healing immunity, or buff immunity be placed on toons when there is 15 or 30 seconds left on the clock. That's just enough time to kill the straggler and win the match.

So, basically you're saying, that you should never win on defense by timing out? Why not just sim arena battles after you've won your first?

• Options
    How to kill zeta savage?
    3. Dn annihilate

How to lill zeta kylo?
    3. Dn annihilate

How to kill chaze?
    3. Dn annihilate

How to kill maul?
    3. Dn annihilate

Wow. Look at the brains on this guy. You should write a book filled with nuggets of wisdom such as this!