Should gear available change with player level as do other rewards like in GW and Challenges?

MasterSeedy
5106 posts Member
edited April 2017
I've had an account and I wasn't active for a year, but I am level 81 and have played the game a lot from January to May last year and from this January to now. I don't mind that the gear you're buying for credits is random, and I don't mind that a lot of it is gear I don't need: that's RNG and that's okay.

But it seems odd to me that while other parts of the game get better as you move up levels, the gear in the Credit sales section of shipments has stayed static. Even more, there doesn't seem to be any recognition that even though grey gear isn't "salvage" it is still used in multiples to build items like the Mk5 Weapon Mod, the Mk 7 Data Pad, and the Mk8 Holo Lens. Being able to get 3 purple salvage but only 1 grey gear that you might need in many multiples is odd.

It's also true that you simply need purple gear - and in large numbers - that you didn't when you were lower level.

I propose that we should be able to buy multiples of lower-level gear, and that lower-level gear appears less often. While these are two separate questions, I'll try to address them in this one poll, since it's all about gear-for-credits available in shipments.

Should gear available change with player level as do other rewards like in GW and Challenges? 2 votes

Yes: Double the price of grey/green gear, but give me 5 at a time.
0%
Yes: Reserve only one slot for grey/green gear, one for blue and two for purple at level 75+
0%
Yes: Add one more slot that always generates purple gear. Make it cost 3 times as much, but give twice as many salvage.
0%
Eliminate grey/green gear at level 75, leaving 2 spots for blue gear and 2 reserved for purple.
50%
Torin_Woodle 1 vote
Option one and option two.
0%
Option one and option three.
50%
MasterSeedy 1 vote
Do none of these/ this will only cost more credits to reach achievements.
0%
I couldn't care less.
0%

Replies

• Options
    Option one and option three.
    If you answer yes to any of the options, what should be the level cutoffs? I suggested level 75 for a couple, but maybe different level cut-offs are better?