Best way to farm mods for arena

Hi,

I'm ranking top 50-100 in arena with a DN (lead), sid, vader, sith trooper, dooku squad.

My mods aren't very good. I was wondering:

What mods should I be looking for? What is a good mod? How should I farm them?

Thanks.

Replies

• CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Options
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sadly speed is the only thing that really matters in the arena. The set bonuses don't matter nearly so much as the +X speed primary and secondary bonuses. You want to focus on collecting 5-star arrow mods with speed primary, and 5-star (non-arrow) mods that start at rank A-C with a speed secondary on it. Ideally, when leveling that mod, you'll want the speed secondary to get upgraded at least twice for it to be considered a good mod, three times to be considered a great mod. Four upgrades to the speed secondary is like hitting the RNG lottery, while it IS feasibly possible, it's probably about as likely as opening Lando from a Bronzium pack.

5 star mods can start with a speed secondary stat that gives you up to +5 speed on a perfect roll. Each subsequent upgrade to the speed secondary can bestow anywhere UP TO an additional +6 speed. So an absolutely perfect roll would give you a speed secondary stat that provides you with a whooping +29 speed (for as long as mods have been a part of the game, I have yet to see a recorded instance of this ever happening). Were you able to collect 5 such mods however, along with a speed primary arrow mod, you would be able to give any character you assigned them to +175 speed. On a Asajj Ventress (lead) she'd have 382 speed and could potentially take 3 turns for every turn the enemy takes... If you could gear out your whole team with high speed mods, then the arena match will be over before it even begins. At that point, set bonuses don't really matter, nor do any other bonuses your mods might give.

Speed is king.
  • Options
    Spyda's explanation was about as good as you can get in writing. There are several guides on YouTube that, while often lengthy, are worth the time.

The best place to get mods are in shipments. I try to always have 4M credits on-hand in case an awesome mod pops up there. Mod Challenges is typically the only other way to get good mods. It's frustrating, since good mods drop very rarely, but you kinda gotta do it (unless you want to spend crystals on mod shipments). I've been aiming for 75% energy on Cantina Battles and 25% on Mod Challenges.
  • Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    Sadly speed is the only thing that really matters in the arena. The set bonuses don't matter nearly so much as the +X speed primary and secondary bonuses. You want to focus on collecting 5-star arrow mods with speed primary, and 5-star (non-arrow) mods that start at rank A-C with a speed secondary on it. Ideally, when leveling that mod, you'll want the speed secondary to get upgraded at least twice for it to be considered a good mod, three times to be considered a great mod. Four upgrades to the speed secondary is like hitting the RNG lottery, while it IS feasibly possible, it's probably about as likely as opening Lando from a Bronzium pack.

5 star mods can start with a speed secondary stat that gives you up to +5 speed on a perfect roll. Each subsequent upgrade to the speed secondary can bestow anywhere UP TO an additional +6 speed. So an absolutely perfect roll would give you a speed secondary stat that provides you with a whooping +29 speed (for as long as mods have been a part of the game, I have yet to see a recorded instance of this ever happening). Were you able to collect 5 such mods however, along with a speed primary arrow mod, you would be able to give any character you assigned them to +175 speed. On a Asajj Ventress (lead) she'd have 382 speed and could potentially take 3 turns for every turn the enemy takes... If you could gear out your whole team with high speed mods, then the arena match will be over before it even begins. At that point, set bonuses don't really matter, nor do any other bonuses your mods might give.

Speed is king.

Thank you so much. Exactly what I needed :)