FOO Kylo Combo

So I was reluctant to omega my FOO because he provides a cleanse which defeats the purpose of kylo ability.. anyway I did it and now I can't use kylo like I used to.. any tips? is this something they should change?..

Replies

• Blamo
    25 posts Member
    Options
    When Kylo has ability block or healing immunity you will be glad that FOO can cleanse.
  • Options
    We the other guy said. Plus he still does good damage.
  • Options
    Blamo wrote: »
    When Kylo has ability block or healing immunity you will be glad that FOO can cleanse.

How does healing immunity help him? Doesn't his shield recovery work differently? And usually what affects him or this group the most is TP
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    it would be nice if his dots could not be dispelled, then they wouldn't increase damage from stuff like execute
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    it would be nice if his dots could not be dispelled, then they wouldn't increase damage from stuff like execute

Yeah that's exactly my issue.. if his dots dot get erased he can attack 2 and possibly ending 2 lives in the process.. but with no ability reset and power up from dots it's worthless
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    My arena team is Rex lead with Zylo... and Zylos dots remain on him after cleanse...
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    My arena team is Rex lead with Zylo... and Zylos dots remain on him after cleanse...

were you facing zeta vader?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

Im always facing either zadar or zaul lol.. possibly but debuffs went on everyone else but zylo
  • Options
    Blamo wrote: »

How does healing immunity help him? Doesn't his shield recovery work differently? And usually what affects him or this group the most is TP

Heal immunity block his protection re-gen off of Execute.
  • Options
    FOO ability is much better used on FOTP imo if you are running a FO team. Other than the very first turn, when I put that ability on Kylo to start, every following one I will usually give to the FOTP.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    FOO ability is much better used on FOTP imo if you are running a FO team. Other than the very first turn, when I put that ability on Kylo to start, every following one I will usually give to the FOTP.

Yeah I've been trying to figure out how to order them that way.. but that's the path I'm heading, thanks
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Im always facing either zadar or zaul lol.. possibly but debuffs went on everyone else but zylo

Not sure what to say since I don't use Kylo, that is a cool interaction
    Edit: just remembered I think Kylo can still give himself dots even with tenacity up
    Post edited by Allenb60 on
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Speed up FOO, have him use his cleanse on Kylo to start to give Kylo 100% TM before he has any DoTs on him anyways. Then start with Kylo's AOE, which will give FO characters TM gain and continue on from that. After that you probably want to use FOO's cleanse on FOST or Phasma or FOTP depending on the situation or if Kylo is ability blocked or has healing immunity on him.

@Saraleb I'm pretty sure Kylo's DoTs can still be applied to himself even when he has tenacity up. I don't think they go through a tenacity/potency check? Not really sure how that works though.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    I run zKylo under Rex, and his application of DOTs via unique will work through Rex's tenacity up

but if my zKylo already had DOTs, they will also be cleansed by Rex's cleanse as well. Unless of course fighting against Vader, then DOTs come back.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. If my zKylo had two DOTs on him via unique, he already had a chance to reset his cooldowns twice. He doesn't lose the offense and defense he gets from being damaged just 'cause he gets cleansed. he only loses the +10 speed x 2 in this case 'cause the speed up requires debuffs.

but in practice, at least when Rex cleanses, everyone gets a boost anyway, and zKylo will be able to quickly re apply debuffs on himself.

same idea if FOO is doing the cleansing, you lose 2 DOTs but immediately gets to go and likely put 1 DOT on zKylo again, so really not losing much, considering you just gained Offense up. and like I stated before, Tenacity up will not prevent him from getting DOTs
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »
    I run zKylo under Rex, and his application of DOTs via unique will work through Rex's tenacity up

but if my zKylo already had DOTs, they will also be cleansed by Rex's cleanse as well. Unless of course fighting against Vader, then DOTs come back.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. If my zKylo had two DOTs on him via unique, he already had a chance to reset his cooldowns twice. He doesn't lose the offense and defense he gets from being damaged just 'cause he gets cleansed. he only loses the +10 speed x 2 in this case 'cause the speed up requires debuffs.

but in practice, at least when Rex cleanses, everyone gets a boost anyway, and zKylo will be able to quickly re apply debuffs on himself.

same idea if FOO is doing the cleansing, you lose 2 DOTs but immediately gets to go and likely put 1 DOT on zKylo again, so really not losing much, considering you just gained Offense up. and like I stated before, Tenacity up will not prevent him from getting DOTs

If te kylo has 5 dots which will hit him which take effect when it's his turn... well then you dot get that power from being hit by the 5 dots that round, and you didn't get the reset because you were not hit. I'm not worried about tenacity, it's the cleanse itself that I'm talking about, in some occasions you can't come back to outrage back to back if you cleansed in between.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    ahh, i guess i feel like i never have THAT many DOTs on my zKylo, except when facing Zader. but if facing Zader, this is a moot point 'cause DOTs won't be cleansed.

in my experience, it's always a choice of, cleanse whole team, or let zKylo have his debuffs remain. I always choose cleanse.

in the case of FOO, maybe just choose someone else to cleanse so long as Kylo doesn't have more than 1 or 2 DOTs? it's a bit of a compromise. but with FOO's targeted cleanse you have more options than i do with Rex.