I challenge you! Build the best arena team!

So I just had a thought, and I have a few HAAT teams in the works. And it doesn't make sense to me to devote all of my resources to characters who only have one purpose. So here's the list of the tank raid characters I have in the works and I challenge you to build the best theoretical arena team you can with them! NO CHAZE!!!

P1- Zeta Kylo

P2- Zeta Vader, Boba, Sidious, Phasma

P3- Palpatine, TFP, ST Han, Royal Guard, Sun Fac

P4- Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, Phasma

I have shoretrooper at 4* and Nihilus at 3* but they are going to stay there. I am working on bringing B2 up, but it's very slow as he's the last on my list. Also am farming clones, but not gearing them just yet. Let's hear your best ideas and explanations!

Replies

• Options
    Where do you sit in Arena right now? I got to top 20 using:
    zVader (L), EP, Boba Fett, TFP, Shoretrooper. Fett and TFP should be modded for speed.
    You can/should obviously sub any of the tanks you have there for Shore.

• Options
    Right now I am running palpatine as leader, boba, Vader, TFP, and shoretrooper. Sometimes I sub out sun fac for TFP depending on who I'm facing. Chaze teams make it hard for TFP to hit hard. I currently place top 50 or so. Sometimes I get knocked down to the 60s overnight. Top 50 on my server is level 77-80 (I'm 78) and zetas haven't started to show up yet, but will soon.
  • Options
    Thought about switching to a rex lead like the meta report on SWGOH.GG shows, I have him at 5* G7 right now but haven't touched him in a while.
  • Options
    Andy0918 wrote: »
    Thought about switching to a rex lead like the meta report on SWGOH.GG shows, I have him at 5* G7 right now but haven't touched him in a while.

Rex leads are meant to counter zMaul teams. If you aren't facing zMaul, you may want to go a different direction. That said, I now run a Rex lead and I do not have GK and can place top 10-20.

Empire is a great team and with the rework coming, will only get better. I would recommend trying to stay on target.
  • Options
    Okay good though. Just curious, what Rex team do you run? The only standard one I know of is the triple cleanse rex, chaze, GK, and Nihilus
  • Options
    Okay good though. Just curious, what Rex team do you run? The only standard one I know of is the triple cleanse rex, chaze, GK, and Nihilus

Rex, zBarris, zKylo, Baze, Boba Fett, all gear X, 7* except for Baze, average to decent mods.
    Not the perfect team, but gets me where I need to be at the end of the day, surrounded by gear XI teams with super-mods. I'm on a July leaderboard.
    I had to retire zVader when the Mauls started appearing.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    5 sets of mods w/ 5x 20+ speed secondaries each and a +30 Speed arrow = best arena team.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    5 sets of mods w/ 5x 20+ speed secondaries each and a +30 Speed arrow = best arena team.

This is true.
    Maybe the title was misleading. The OP was looking for the best team with the characters they are also using for the tank raid.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options

Anyone.

I replaced hk47 with Rex and never looked back.

Probably the best set up I had before switching to FO was: rex, wiggs, sf, and Boba.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    Farm B2 and laugh at chaze, with buff immunity from B2 and tfp shock from palp chaze will be easy, I wait until chirrut cleanse then dispel them with B2.
    Put good speed mods on tfp and palp, you'll get to top 20.
  • Options
    That's an idea I had brewing. The problem with B2 is my cantina farming is currently taken by toons that need farmed for the raid. He is definitely something I'm going to finish in the future.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    That's an idea I had brewing. The problem with B2 is my cantina farming is currently taken by toons that need farmed for the raid. He is definitely something I'm going to finish in the future.

He's viable at 4*, I just unlocked him then moved to other toons
  • Options
    Okay well that makes things much easier! Thanks!