Cantina battle character farming data - ongoing updates!

Kevern_Zaksor
894 posts Member
edited April 2017
Hey everyone. Way back in February I started tracking the drop rates of characters I'm currently farming in cantina battles. Doing so gives me focus and keeps me from bouncing around from one character to another, wasting cantina energy on toons I don't need, and satisfies my OCD which compels me to finish something once I start it. Since the cantina farm never ends, I'll be doing this as long as I play the game. The following posts will detail my results with various characters of various energy nodes and hopefully will provide some insight for those of you searching for RNG answers!

This data isn't meant to be taken as fact, just one person's results in the bucket of all results. Take it with a grain of salt and may the force of RNG be with you.
The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
-Sun Tzu

Replies

• Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'll start with B2.
    Timeline:
    09 Feb - 03 April
    12 energy node
    Energy spent: 11,160
    Attempts: 930
    Shards pulled: 330
    Shards per day: 6.3
    Overall drop rate: 35.48%
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome work sir! I appreciate and applaud the effort. Thank you for your important contribution to the ongoing discussion of drop rates.

As most presume shard drops are 30-33%,it looks like RNGesus blessed you :)

Thanks again.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Kylo.
    Timeline:
    3-18 April
    10 energy node
    Energy spent: 5050
    Attempts: 505
    Shards pulled: 299 (I started at 31/80)
    Shards per day: 19.9
    Overall drop rate: 59.2% (including double drops)
    Corrected overall drop rate: 36.44%

Notes: the double drop period was clutch here. I noticed no significant change in drop rate during double drops. I purchased 2 x 100 and 1 or 2 x 200 crystal refreshes every day during double drops (that's why I keep a bank of crystals).
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Thanks @Nikoms565 !

If anyone has any questions as to my methodology, how I group sim or how I record results, feel free to ask.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Good work!

A theory would be: same cost nods have same % (e.g. 8=a% , 10=b%, 12=c%, 16=d%)

From your input example:
    B=C~36%
    More data will show if the theory stands up.
  • Options
    @Tantema_Garnik yeah that's what I was wondering. We'll see. So far I'm not very far into the JKA farm but his number have been lower than the other nodes. I may have to switch to TFP though for this R2 event if it ends up being a Palp/Yoda style event requiring Empire.
    -Sun Tzu