New Game Mode Idea - Survival

Prev13
DoubleN
50 posts Member
edited April 2017
My Idea is a sort of survival game mode similar to galactic war, it could be daily or weekly or inbetween, but essentially,

The event would choose five completely random toons (no gear, star or level requirement) and if you have any of them you are able to participate, unfortunately if you were to have none of the required toons you would be unable to take part in this particular challenge.

So lets say in this instance the five toons are Geonosian Soldier, Luminara, Nute Gunray, Ima Gun Di & Wedge, you would only be able to use these toons at the current level you have them. Now the game has randomly generated waves of enemies that start off fairly easy and gradually get harder. So essentially you have to see how far you can get using these toons.

The rewards could be tiered, say you reach tier 5 you get a mixture of basic gear and credits, whereas if you reach a landmark tier such as 10 you gain shards for one of the newly released characters. The possibilities could be endless and its up to them how they could reward players.

So essentially this mode would reward players who may have geared up non meta characters and actually make all characters viable in the game, like there could be a day where ugnaught and CUP are suddenly useful, thus meaning that people haven't necessarily wasted their resources leveling these characters up.

It would also be beneficial to the Devs as they could incorporate a way to pay crystals to revive a character so you can carry on, as well as encouraging people to upgrade every character meaning they might spend more money.

I feel like this sort of mode could keep the game fresh and interesting as it incorporates more variety into the game

Please let me know what you think

EDIT - You would not have to use all 5 toons, you could use 4 out of the 5 if you didn't have the fifth
Post edited by DoubleN on

Replies

• Options
    That would be great even as a daily, and a leaderboard for most waves completed.
    I'd say have crystals starting at pay 50 to refresh entire roster and gradually increase by 50.
  • Options
    Belfazar wrote: »
    That would be great even as a daily, and a leaderboard for most waves completed.
    I'd say have crystals starting at pay 50 to refresh entire roster and gradually increase by 50.

Yeah that was what I was thinking but given the recent pricing of some stuff in the game 50 per character seems more likely haha
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Great idea, except the RNG character choice. Maybe restrict it to a different faction (tag) each run?!?
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Great idea, except the RNG character choice. Maybe restrict it to a different faction (tag) each run?!?

I like the random draw, but it could use 15 random and you pick your best 5 that way you can great a useful team still
  • Options

Well I think the RNG character choice is one of the best things about it, could be fun having completely random characters fighting together

I like the random draw, but it could use 15 random and you pick your best 5 that way you can great a useful team still

Yeah that would probably work better to be honest
  • Options
    This is such a fantastic idea
  • Options
    I like this idea!
  • Options
    Great idea. Most players who started ages ago (like me) have tonnes of characters gear 4-7 level 40-70 which we then learned wasn't viable and have wasted resources on them. They would finally be useful again.
  • Options
    DocMettey wrote: »
    This is such a fantastic idea
    I like this idea!

Thanks guys glad you like it
  • Options
    Great idea. Most players who started ages ago (like me) have tonnes of characters gear 4-7 level 40-70 which we then learned wasn't viable and have wasted resources on them. They would finally be useful again.

Yeah exactly my thinking, I think it would make the game so much more fun aswell, seeing as every day we pretty much use the same characters
  • Options
    Bump for fun idea.
  • Options
    Sounds like a pretty fun idea! I'd definitely enjoy playing a mode like this. Something that isn't a one time event, but could add some long term fun to the game. Plus we could see old or forgotten toons come to life again! +1 great idea.
  • Toben
    68 posts Member
    Options
    This is a cool idea! I agree that it should probably be "choose 5 out of 15 (or 10)", though. And they'd probably need to exclude the most-recently-released toons (e.g., no Gar Saxon and Commando, at least for a while).
  • Options
    Great idea, I like it.

I also would like to see a similar thing except you get to pick a squad to survive vs waves of Undead Troopers

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Undead_Trooper
  • Options
    I like it. If it was a week-long event that rotated between dark/light side and face characters from the opposite alignment. It could be called galactic conquest or something similar. This would allow you to take advantage of mix-and-match teams and/or faction teams without limiting options much.
  • Options
    Toben wrote: »
    This is a cool idea! I agree that it should probably be "choose 5 out of 15 (or 10)", though. And they'd probably need to exclude the most-recently-released toons (e.g., no Gar Saxon and Commando, at least for a while).

Leave it characters that have been given farm locations (3 months after initial release)
  • Options
    Toben wrote: »

Leave it characters that have been given farm locations (3 months after initial release)

Or if a toon is part of the rotation, have the rotation consist of at least a full team of farmable people. So maybe 5 farmable toons, and then one or two that some might have. So Gar, Commando, so on. This way you can make a squad of toons that are available, and if you dropped cash for someone then you'll also have the chance to try them out. Everyone wins.
  • Options
    This sounds like Galactic war, except with one team instead. They did say it would allow you to utilize your whole roster. Personally I would like a pve that allows you to use multiple hero leads, just imagine zVader, Palp and zMaul leads together.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    I love every new content idea. This is a new content idea, that I also happen to love.
  • Options
    DoubleN wrote: »
    My Idea is a sort of survival game mode similar to galactic war, it could be daily or weekly or inbetween, but essentially,

The event would choose five completely random toons (no gear, star or level requirement) and if you have any of them you are able to participate, unfortunately if you were to have none of the required toons you would be unable to take part in this particular challenge.

So lets say in this instance the five toons are Geonosian Soldier, Luminara, Nute Gunray, Ima Gun Di & Wedge, you would only be able to use these toons at the current level you have them. Now the game has randomly generated waves of enemies that start off fairly easy and gradually get harder. So essentially you have to see how far you can get using these toons.

The rewards could be tiered, say you reach tier 5 you get a mixture of basic gear and credits, whereas if you reach a landmark tier such as 10 you gain shards for one of the newly released characters. The possibilities could be endless and its up to them how they could reward players.

So essentially this mode would reward players who may have geared up non meta characters and actually make all characters viable in the game, like there could be a day where ugnaught and CUP are suddenly useful, thus meaning that people haven't necessarily wasted their resources leveling these characters up.

It would also be beneficial to the Devs as they could incorporate a way to pay crystals to revive a character so you can carry on, as well as encouraging people to upgrade every character meaning they might spend more money.

I feel like this sort of mode could keep the game fresh and interesting as it incorporates more variety into the game

EDIT - You would not have to use all 5 toons, you could use 4 out of the 5 if you didn't have the fifth

My good sir/madam, you may want to offer them your services in exchange for cash if you will be attempting to create great ideas for them that the people enjoy. Get payed for your strokes of brilliance!
    《Belief is not Required》
  • Options
    Nice idea any new game mode is great
  • Options

My good sir/madam, you may want to offer them your services in exchange for cash if you will be attempting to create great ideas for them that the people enjoy. Get payed for your strokes of brilliance!

Haha thanks definitely wouldn't mind that!
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, this sounds like a very cool idea
  • Kivoku
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Fun Bump
  • Options
    I love this idea.
  • Options
    I love this idea so much! I agree the characters should be a random 10 every day/week that way more people can participate and you can have reinforcements for dead Toons! You could even take it a step further and everyday have certain buffs and debuffs associated with it. Ex: all enemies having increased damage or all allies having increased defense.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Gotta agree with the consensus; great idea :)

I would like a few restrictions on how the characters are selected, but otherwise a very fun sounding idea.
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This sounds like a really cool idea, although there should be at least 10 or 12 options to build your squad from so most people would at least be able to participate. And I don't think it should be a daily event unless the rewards are fairly low, or unless there is a major QOL update for handling mods. I really don't want to be stuck in a situation where I feel obligated to swap my arena mods to five random toons and back every day just to keep up.
  • Options

+1 to all of this. Do it!
  • Options
    Cool idea! Like it!