Droid Squad 2.0

HK-47 (L), B2, IG-86/88, R2-D2 (Zeta), and JE are about to wreck arena. Adios, Zaul.

Replies

• MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    What does R2 bring that makes this wreck Zaul? Burning and cleanse won't be enough I fear. The sith speed boost ensure their first turns will happen. Their health pool is also so much higher (especially with trooper) that I imagine they can withstand some hard hits, get a few more turns in, and do enough damage to wipe out a few toons. :/
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Even if you can hit a stealthed maul you cannot crit him, makes hk47 lead nonsense. And if it would work it would be droid 3.0
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Drake23 wrote: »
    Even if you can hit a stealthed maul you cannot crit him, makes hk47 lead nonsense. And if it would work it would be droid 3.0

GG makes is fantastically menacing entrance!
  • Options
    R2 doesn't cleanse any of the droids.... Cg decided to shaft droids again.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Can you blame them? Droids are one of the most god awful things to watch. Aside from EP1. And Nicolas Cage movies.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Even if you could outspeed zeta maul they are immune to crit first turn, so no turn meter into aoe daze on your droids
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Even if you could outspeed zeta maul they are immune to crit first turn, so no turn meter into aoe daze on your droids

It's called b2 go first..
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options

Forgot about that, it's possible someone like dooku could stun, I dont know
  • Options
    Even if B2 goes first chances are excellent he will miss most if not all the Zaul team. That's what makes the zaul teams so **** frustrating; the dodge and stealth combo makes impossible to focus on one toon and bring them down.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Even if B2 goes first chances are excellent he will miss most if not all the Zaul team. That's what makes the zaul teams so **** frustrating; the dodge and stealth combo makes impossible to focus on one toon and bring them down.

If b2 has accuracy mod and r2 is present, he should hit. That being said, he is slow and it would be a challenge to make sure he goes first each time.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

If b2 has accuracy mod and r2 is present, he should hit. That being said, he is slow and it would be a challenge to make sure he goes first each time.

It's not challenging just takes the mods. R2 will be a little boost to droid squads but enough to beat zaul teams probably not.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Options

Daze on B2 how will B2 go 1st?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

It's not challenging just takes the mods. R2 will be a little boost to droid squads but enough to beat zaul teams probably not.

You'd have to purposely gimp 88 and 86's speed so that they would be at 99.99% tm after je uses his special. Then, this would be terrible ves Rex teams as they would just crit, you're running hk lead right, and then your opposing toons would wedge themselves right after b2 and before your tight droids because you want the perfect setup. Which none of it matters vs zMaul as he will just daze your droids and prevent the tm gain from your whole squad.
  • Options
    I call for Grievous Lead, R2, ig100, K2SO, Chopper
  • Options
    You can calculate the speed needed on B2 to make him go second/third (if you want undodgeable burn first)
  • Options
    The desired droid order would probably be r2 => b2 => rest

To make sure you have a certain order you would need a huge speed difference between je and the rest.

Also daze will not let you gain that turnmeter i'm afraid.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Post edited by Nebulous on
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Options

Can you blame them? Droids are one of the most god awful things to watch. Aside from EP2. And Nicolas Cage movies.

Fixed
  • Options

You'd have to purposely gimp 88 and 86's speed so that they would be at 99.99% tm after je uses his special. Then, this would be terrible ves Rex teams as they would just crit, you're running hk lead right, and then your opposing toons would wedge themselves right after b2 and before your tight droids because you want the perfect setup. Which none of it matters vs zMaul as he will just daze your droids and prevent the tm gain from your whole squad.

I've been running droids since 2015 I think I know this. And you don't have to gimp their speed that much if your je is fast enough. Mine is 265 so I'm going faster than zaul teams without sa and some with semi slow sa. But mauls op broken daze ruins droids regardless.
  • Options

I've been running droids since 2015 I think I know this. And you don't have to gimp their speed that much if your je is fast enough. Mine is 265 so I'm going faster than zaul teams without sa and some with semi slow sa. But mauls op broken daze ruins droids regardless.

My Zooku has 272 speed before the first turn boost from Zaul lead. Your JE has no chance of going first. I ran droids before switching to Empire/Sith this year. R2 will do more for Wiggs/Chaze/Rogue 1 than Droids.
  • Options
    RyanRen wrote: »

My Zooku has 272 speed before the first turn boost from Zaul lead. Your JE has no chance of going first. I ran droids before switching to Empire/Sith this year. R2 will do more for Wiggs/Chaze/Rogue 1 than Droids.

Yea no one runs dooku so kind of irrelevant. Good job following the meta tho. And obviously they will help rebels more because cg gimped droids out of a cleanse.
  • Options
    RyanRen wrote: »

Hang on, there's Jawa Engineers that aren't speed 300 in people's rosters?
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."