Why is anakin skywalker not a big part of this game?

He is one of the top 3 character in star wars, and people like poe and poggle are used way more than him? Anakin needs to get his act together and add him to GW and get some better abilities cause he is just as bad as he was when all he had was one arm...
Even darth vader isnt used much cause no one can star him up, but even then he is not as strong as he should be

Replies

• Options
    I've answered this question before. The highly popular tools will be collected anyway. The fotp and go of the game need help to get collected. The popular tools can't be strong too or they would be the dominant force.
  • Options
    Because it's a game
  • Options
    One step at a time, we first need to see what the new meta looks like after the Windu buffs.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    I've answered this question before. The highly popular tools will be collected anyway. The fotp and go of the game need help to get collected. The popular tools can't be strong too or they would be the dominant force.

Well i almost never see him, and what about ugnaut and corsicant underworld police? Why arent they getting love? I am positive anakin will not be collected because he suckz. No one wants to collect a bad character even if he is popular. Not to mention he is also hard to farm. He either needs to be buffed because he is virtually p2w right now, or put in GW shipments because he is about average like everyone else in the game
  • Options
    put anakin in gw and im sure more people will run him.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm farming him. I think he can be quite good I'm a Jedi team.

Problem is he is slow to farm. Most popular chars are the easy to farm like Lumi or Sid
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    One of them high level. And 3 shards per day is slow regardless.
  • Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »

Well i almost never see him, and what about ugnaut and corsicant underworld police? Why arent they getting love? I am positive anakin will not be collected because he suckz. No one wants to collect a bad character even if he is popular. Not to mention he is also hard to farm. He either needs to be buffed because he is virtually p2w right now, or put in GW shipments because he is about average like everyone else in the game

What makes him bad? I am curious since I have been slow farming him in two of his nodes (only up to 30 shards so far). Admittedly, his damage is just mediocre, so maybe that's it, and I absolutely never see him in arena.

His health is good ( max > 14k). His speed is good (137), if not top tier. He also has a decent AOE and his basic can apply healing and buff immunity. And on a finishing blow, his AOE will grant the whole team offense up. His leadership skill also sounds good for a jedi team.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Well Anakin is an attacker. But looking at his attack stats, they aren't too great. His primary attack has the same attack strength as Magnaguard. Less than regular Jawa and less than Tarkin. His special attack is even lower.

He does gain a big ATK up bonus when an ally dies, but for that to happen you need to lose allies. And you don't want that to happen in the first place.

Best case scenario, his +90% turn meter and ATK up on ally death could make him a valuable counter against Poe teams. But only if he was able to one-shot enemies. Anakin is probably like Maul, a toon that shines halfway into the battle or so.

Nevertheless, I might not be seeing some possible synergies here. He may be way better than he looks on paper to me.
  • Options
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    Willkimm98 wrote: »

What makes him bad? I am curious since I have been slow farming him in two of his nodes (only up to 30 shards so far). Admittedly, his damage is just mediocre, so maybe that's it, and I absolutely never see him in arena.

His health is good ( max > 14k). His speed is good (137), if not top tier. He also has a decent AOE and his basic can apply healing and buff immunity. And on a finishing blow, his AOE will grant the whole team offense up. His leadership skill also sounds good for a jedi team.
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Well Anakin is an attacker. But looking at his attack stats, they aren't too great. His primary attack has the same attack strength as Magnaguard. Less than regular Jawa and less than Tarkin. His special attack is even lower.

He does gain a big ATK up bonus when an ally dies, but for that to happen you need to lose allies. And you don't want that to happen in the first place.

Best case scenario, his +90% turn meter and ATK up on ally death could make him a valuable counter against Poe teams. But only if he was able to one-shot enemies. Anakin is probably like Maul, a toon that shines halfway into the battle or so.

Nevertheless, I might not be seeing some possible synergies here. He may be way better than he looks on paper to me.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Because obi wan cut his legs off
  • Options
    cuz its impossible to star him.
  • Options
    Kesiss wrote: »
    cuz its impossible to star him.

Ha yup
  • Options
    He has 3 hard mode nodes.
    One is in DS 7 (level 67)
    One is in LS 5
    And finally
    One in DS 5.... this is the one against incredible hulk rebel luke. Youll need a half decent DS to even 3 star it or get really lucky.

Most people would only have access to 1 node of his while leveling. Which would make the grind take way to long. Around 27 days just to unlock him.
  • Options
    Jawa is much more useful than him in this game..No love for Anakin here. Sigh..
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

This logic is so flawed. There are team synergies to make up for that. First order team, Empire team, Nightsister team, etc.
    Also, quigon is more popular than Eeth koth, Plo koon and half of the weak jedis in game atm and sure he is a beast. Old ben too. If FOTP had, lets say, lower damage, he would still fit pretty well in a first order team.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Go read "the definitive counter to Poe" post and you will see how extremely useful he can be in the current meta.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Go read "the definitive counter to Poe" post and you will see how extremely useful he can be in the current meta.

Agree.
    Anakin along with Poe, Sid leader, Ventress and poggle is AoE cleave. Poe especially helps a lot with turn meter manipulation and expose to bring someone down fast and buff Ventress and Anakin.

Edit: Or if you have a high level Maul you can skip Ventress. Poe with taunt and turn meter can cover maul enough for him to AOE wipe enemy team.
  • Options
    it seems he is designed somewhat similar to Kylo (or rather Kylo was designed similar to him). Both are complicated characters that have some use. A skill that is anger-based. A decent AOE. A basic that inflicts heal immunity. Rather blah base damage, and high health. Both are somewhat dependent on getting some sort of offense up (Anakin either through his AOE resulting in a finishing blow, or an ally dying; Kylo through his health falling < 50%). I think if Anakin was Cantina farmable like Kylo, we would see both in similar amounts.

Maybe Anakin get turn 7 speed whenever it moves to level 80? He is only 6 pts short right now.
  • Options
    Game is still young

For sure toons like Anakin and Vader will have an important part later on at some point.

But for now, farming the easy toons to level up, then I'll will work on harder stuff.
  • Options
    Game is still young

For sure toons like Anakin and Vader will have an important part later on at some point.

But for now, farming the easy toons to level up, then I'll will work on harder stuff.

That's my thinking! Star up all the easy ones and when things are changed be ready to play with synergies - the only thing that's difficult is those MK3 Ability Mats! Need something done to gain more of these as even my A team skills are not maxed!!!
  • Options
    Crookid01 wrote: »
    Game is still young

That's my thinking! Star up all the easy ones and when things are changed be ready to play with synergies - the only thing that's difficult is those MK3 Ability Mats! Need something done to gain more of these as even my A team skills are not maxed!!!

same reply tho, game is still young, can't expect to max out abilities right away ;)

• Options
    Game is still young

same reply tho, game is still young, can't expect to max out abilities right away ;)

Yes but with level caps increase I can max level and gear to the new caps for everyone - but struggle with Abilities - do you catch my meaning?
  • Options
    Game is still young

Yes but with level caps increase I can max level and gear to the new caps for everyone - but struggle with Abilities - do you catch my meaning?

yeah yeah I do
    but can't except to max everything out right away ;)