Dengar?!

Hello mates, I know that I made a mistake and collected 7* Dengar from guild shop. I spent almost 3 months to get this unit(almost same like it was with JE). But when I boosted him to gear x and lvl 85 I understood that it was terrible mistake. No dmg from basic, special and aoe... His skills works extremely randomly.... He is just peace of meet in the team, even with Boba Feet lead.... So why You put him to guild shop(nowhere else) and made extremely rare unit from him??! If I am wrong, pls correct me, mates.

Replies

• Options
    Olegon1 wrote: »
    Hello mates, I know that I made a mistake and collected 7* Dengar from guild shop. I spent almost 3 months to get this unit(almost same like it was with JE). But when I boosted him to gear x and lvl 85 I understood that it was terrible mistake. No dmg from basic, special and aoe... His skills works extremely randomly.... He is just peace of meet in the team, even with Boba Feet lead.... So why You put him to guild shop(nowhere else) and made extremely rare unit from him??! If I am wrong, pls correct me, mates.

I agree, he's garbage, I did the same but I don't necessarily regret it, If 7 star bounty hunters are needed for Bossk when he comes guess whos prepared?
  • Options
    I did the same (I like him and I thought he would be useful for my Scoundrel team as 5th member for credit heist).

Overall he's 'ok'. His damage is just above average, but his basic assist call is nice. He is seriously tough and often the last toon standing for me, however, without a taunt that's not particularly helpful.

The only place he truly shines IMHO is for Rancor Raid (if you're using a Teebo team and don't have a Zader team) as he can inflict both tenacity and speed down
  • Options
    Are you using Dengar in the Arena? If so you're doing it wrong. Are you using him for raids? If so you're doing it right. Whenever a Bounty Hunter team actually gets rolling he'll be a decent tank
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    He was a key toon for Rancor before TFP. I just got dengar to 7* after farming him for forever then TFP dropped in cantina the following week making him completely obsolete.
  • Olegon1
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Are you using Dengar in the Arena? If so you're doing it wrong. Are you using him for raids? If so you're doing it right. Whenever a Bounty Hunter team actually gets rolling he'll be a decent tank

Mate, I tried him in arena and in heroic pit(cuz in AAT raid his skills and dmg is totally useless). In arena = total piece of ****... In PIT only for tenacity and speed down... But as I sayd his skills have rather long CD and works extremely randomly, TIE pilot is 10000 times better(with Teeboo and Zader for sure).

"Whenever a Bounty Hunter team actually gets rolling he'll be a decent tank " - He is not a tank, he is attacker, lol.
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »

Mate, I tried him in arena and in heroic pit(cuz in AAT raid his skills and dmg is totally useless). In arena = total piece of ****... In PIT only for tenacity and speed down... But as I sayd his skills have rather long CD and works extremely randomly, TIE pilot is 10000 times better.

"Whenever a Bounty Hunter team actually gets rolling he'll be a decent tank " - He is not a tank, he is attacker, lol.

Wasn't fighting against you I agree he's terrible but there's only 6 bounty hunters and if they ever release any event requiring bounty hunters (assault event or legendary) then it'll be worth it. They're doing something with almost every faction so in time he might be useful, plus he could get a rework, all you gotta do is wait
  • Options
    He is not a tank, he is attacker, lol.
    When you need a scoundrel tank, there's only one person to call. Call the Mob Enforcer.
  • Olegon1
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    to PR01Zeus. He he, dude. No no no, I won't spent my time and resources for greedo or zam wesell :)))) Degnar put fat dot on BH progress for me :)) I have Boba and IG88 maxed, but after Dengar - sorry no :) Further more, they buffed Veer yesterday - gave him synergy with Imperial troopers, but forgot to give imperial trooper status to another troopers - so Veer still useless :D hope that with Dengar this situation won't repeat:)))
  • Options
    to PR01Zeus. He he, dude. No no no, I won't spent my time and resources for greedo or zam wesell :)))) Degnar put fat dot on BH progress for me :)) I have Boba and IG88 maxed, but after Dengar - sorry no :)

Don't blame you the others suck I got Cad for the credit heists and Greedo I got cause at the time saw no use for my arena currency anywhere else, if an event ever comes out I'm prepared for that though
  • Options
    He is not a tank, he is attacker, lol.
    When you need a scoundrel tank, there's only one person to call. Call the Mob Enforcer.

Gemoroidan Guard maybe? :)
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    He's no longer worth farming, but he's far from useless. If you don't have Zeta Vader, he's still great in the Rancor raid. And he's still good as part of a bounty hunter team or in general as a support character in the AAT. He can call in assists (potentially from damage dealers) on his basic, apply speed down and tenacity down, and stun side droids in P2 and P3. Plus, with his high health, he doesn't need great gear/mods to be useful. So he's far from useless.

And this game is largely about resource management, knowing what to farm is a big part of the game (too big imo, as saying it's a resource management game also implies that it's P2W and tactics are secondary).
  • Options
    He's one of those characters that had their brief moment in the sun but have been vastly outclassed by later releases. Of course his rarity still remains, which is unfortunate...But then again, anywhere he is moved to will replace something or take up a space better reserved for something else so... I guess he may as well just sit there forgotten.
  • Options
    'Peace of meet' lol
  • Options
    I've been farming Dengar up specifically to be able to solo the Pit raid with a Teebo lead. Everybody else I use has tm removal on basic. He does tenacity down and speed down, and assists on his basic which means that no matter who's turn it is, I have the possibility of tm removal. (if he calls anybody they can remove tm on basic). If he gets called on an assist, he can call someone else... who has tm removal on basic.

He is GREAT on the Rancor. Better than TFP because he is more versatile.

In a full potency stacked bounty hunter squad Dengar has something like 56000 health. (I forget the exact figure of the top of my head, it may have been 63000) without counting health and potency from secondaries. If your bounty hunter squad has full potency mods, they don't need a tank, because they're all tanks. Even IG-88, the squishiest one of all ends up with 34,000 health... That's more health than Shoretrooper.
  • Options
    He is trash. Thankfully I only took him to G9 before I figured out. Historically though he was the first toon with tenacity down, so you can't second guess actually doing it.