Zeta Maul

Teague
939 posts Member
I love this game. Been playing over a year. But Maul is the only team I can fight in arena any more. Between rank 10 - 50 (where I usually stay in arena) there's probably 30 Maul teams. Maul is usually the only available opponent, all day long. It's killing all fun in arena.

I feel like I'm just waiting at this point. Waiting on this Maul meta to go away so I can have fun and enjoy this game again. But the problem is, zetas are hard to get. People had to invest a lot to zeta Maul. So this meta isn't going to move on as fast as past ones.

EA needs to make zetas a little easier to get, then introduce some more really good ones, so people will move on from this garbage Maul infestation in arena. It's ruining the game for me.

Replies

• Options
    Don't play arena
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    I think with R2, it will create a tad bit more diversity. Not much, but one can hope.
  • Options
    Make zetas easier? No way man if it was easier the game would be boring and no challenge and the reason why there's so many zauls is because he is ace.
  • Options
    The issue is zetaMaul is strong in defense. Some teams can beat it, but it is one the AI plays well as it is just brute force and RNG. Most likely will just get stronger with Sith Assassin/Trooper in Cantina Battles...

Big Edge for Maul is that with sith assassin your troops move First. Rex lead can counter this somewhat...

If find the AI plays Jedi very poorly. Or more to the point, smart use of specials is key for success with jedi which the AI does not do well.

Sadly I do not think R2 is strong enough to Unseat this meta... If anything you will have ZMaul + R2 + 3 Sith being a very popular.

Plo Koon is has an Anti Stealth Leader ability, but it is rather weak. If Koon's ability was Unique or had a useful Zeta like all Jedi gain 10%tm when an enemy gains stealth then Jedi might counter Zmaul.
  • Options
    Rex lead with Chaze and 2 others is a good counter, typically Darth Nihilus (now farmable) and GK is what you see here. You can add other DPS though too and fair well enough against Maul squads.
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    The issue is zetaMaul is strong in defense. Some teams can beat it, but it is one the AI plays well as it is just brute force and RNG. Most likely will just get stronger with Sith Assassin/Trooper in Cantina Battles...

Big Edge for Maul is that with sith assassin your troops move First. Rex lead can counter this somewhat...

If find the AI plays Jedi very poorly. Or more to the point, smart use of specials is key for success with jedi which the AI does not do well.

Sadly I do not think R2 is strong enough to Unseat this meta... If anything you will have ZMaul + R2 + 3 Sith being a very popular.

Plo Koon is has an Anti Stealth Leader ability, but it is rather weak. If Koon's ability was Unique or had a useful Zeta like all Jedi gain 10%tm when an enemy gains stealth then Jedi might counter Zmaul.

R2 should bring about Wiggs 3.0 squads for sure. Wiggs, Chaze, R2 will likely be a strong squad and can have a good chance against stronger Mauls quads.
  • NacciPerse
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wiggs, Chaze, GK/B2 is already a pretty solid team. Can beat zauls that are above average but below very good.
  • Options
    Love those jargon words. Wiggs. Chaze. Zaul. Sounds a bit like Better Call Saul. But yes it seems that "Zaul" is tough to beat, thats why there's so many of them, and the ways to beat him may be more difficult than getting the same. I'm F2P and by now have 7* Maul (no Z) but haven't even started trying "Chaze" so I accept staying out of the way of those numerous teams I can't beat.
  • Options
    Lol better call zaul.

I dropped at this.
  • Options
    You act as though there was a ton of diversity before the Zaul meta.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    If Zaul went away it would just be replaced by something else that you would also face a wall of 30 of. Would that be better? Was Wiggs better? Zaul is particularly annoying because of the stealth and dodge, but as far as facing a wall of the same team goes, it's really no different.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    NacciPerse wrote: »
    Lol better call zaul.

I dropped at this.

@NacciPerse
    https://imgur.com/gallery/aBoOu
  • Ruwer
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Wait until you start to facing squads with Rex, Baze, Gk, Nihilus and Chirrut, then i bet that you will update your definitions of "annoying squad" hahah