Triangle Mods

Prev1
Crayons
565 posts Member
Is this game taunting me, or do we all experience a distinct lack of the triangle mods?

Every time I hit that sim button, I hope. Then I feel like I've had a brick, wrapped in a lemon, smashed through my brain.

Replies

• tkl
    295 posts Member
    Options
    i lack the circle ones
  • Options
    tkl wrote: »
    i lack the circle ones
    I have more circles than I know what to do with lol.
    Triangles and Arrows avoid me like the plague
  • Options
    I have all slots filled on every 50+ toon (to be able to check them on swgoh).
    A lot of toons don't have a triangle.
    For every other slot i have tens if not hundreds of excess mods I cannot put on anyone.

Triangles are a very rare find for me.
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Is this game taunting me, or do we all experience a distinct lack of the triangle mods?

Every time I hit that sim button, I hope. Then I feel like I've had a brick, wrapped in a lemon, smashed through my brain.
    Mod challenges only like to give me squares, diamonds and circles. The left side of the modding menu.

The right side drops very seldomly. Arrows, triangles and crosses.

Only in my personal experience. I'm sure the chances are exactly equal for all mod shapes for everybody else.
  • Options
    Arrows and triangles are rare for me. Circles, squares, even crosses I can get. I almost fainted after i got my first and only 5 dot speed arrow haha
  • Options
    Triangles and crosses for me.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Options
    Really triangles? i lack circles lol
  • Options
    I don't think it's a coincidence that in the mod shop there are 2x slots for arrow, triangle and cross mods
  • Options
    I don't think it's a coincidence that in the mod shop there are 2x slots for arrow, triangle and cross mods

I'd say that seems the most plausible reason for it happening.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Triangles are the rarest for me. They show up every once in a while.
  • Options
    Crosses are hard to come by for me.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I seem to get a lot more of diamonds then any of the others... Except circle, i get circle everytime too... Crosses and Arrows are the rare ones for me!
  • Options
    I usually don't have an issue getting them, it's the blue/gold/green ones that are rare. I have just so many useless ones from farming. I don't even put mods on alot of toons.
  • Options
    Complete lack of anything remotely useful for cpl weeks now. It's time for them to do something about these mod drop rates given the sheer number of toons we're expected to have leveled and modded
  • Krillion
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I gave up with mod challenges, they give grey garbage most of time and yes never arrows or triangles unless its had defense as primary... I gamble more with the mod shop and pay the 15 crystals per refresh and hope for some decent colored mods and i wont buy them unless it has a secondary speed mod on it, Its been paying off alot more than crappy mod challenges,
    Post edited by Krillion on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Triangles are the rarest for me too.
  • Options
    I think it was stated at some point (I'm sorry I don't have the source) that the right hand column (arrow, triangle, cross) mods are much rarer than the left hand side, and that ties in with my experience:

Triangle (rarest) > Arrow > Cross >> Circle > Diamond > Square (least)

I usually buy any reasonable triangles I see in the mod store, some arrows.
  • Options

Mod challenges only like to give me squares, diamonds and circles. The left side of the modding menu.

Only in my personal experience. I'm sure the chances are exactly equal for all mod shapes for everybody else.

I tracked 500 mod sims
    -36% drop rate, 170 mods from 500 sims
    -66% of all dropped mods were white but mostly 4-5 dot
    -colored mods were skewed green and 3 dot
    -over 80% of all dropped mods were left side

So if you were looking for a purp/gold right side mod, the chances are extremely low. Then take that low chance and make it even lower looking for a speed secondary.
  • Options
    I get tons of Circles & Squares. Bad luck with Arrows & Crosses
  • Options
    Then I feel like I've had a *gold* brick, wrapped in a lemon, smashed through my brain.

FTFY

+1 for the HHGG reference :-)

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Same as me.
  • Options
    Safe to say the drop rates have been drastically reduced.
  • Options
    Same for me no triangle or arrow mods . Sounds like a money grab to me.
  • Options
    Most of my mods are left side modes, i see a lack of mods of right side in general.
  • Options
    "Balance", "RNG"

There's nothing such as if there's too much mods on left.. it's rigged

*Result of 1 month farm, with 3x refill a day
  • Options
    Even the mod shop has had nothing drop in there worth getting for over a week
  • Options
    @Kyno Necro thread rising from the dead.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

I think the game is taunting you. Do you need a dispeller? ;)

• Options
    If the games taunting you get nihllus to take a whack at it ...
    But otherwise I have a lack of triangles and crosses
  • Options
    Once again, a dead post that has been revived. Closing this necro thread.
This discussion has been closed.