Shipments Update Needed

I'm not one to complain about not getting enough hand outs in this game because personally I do enjoy the grind of it all and feeling a sense of achievement after working long and hard towards a goal in the game, however, with that being said, I personally believe that the shipments in this game are outdated, and by outdated I mean it isn't keeping up with the new updates and current pace of the game.

For instance:

We got that beautiful much needed update for our gear challenges, where the final stages of gear challenges, which needed to be unlocked at around level 84 I believe, allow the player to farm blue, purple and gold gear now when compared to before it was only some purple and gold and if you needed blue you had to sacrifice farming the higher up gear. That was a fantastic improvement to the game that was long overdue and made the gear grind run just a little bit smoother.

Now when it comes to shipments the reason I believe it is outdated because we can only buy gear that is really needed for gear levels around 7 and 8 (and not all of that gear is helpful and/or commonly seen in the shipments). There are only two rows of gear purchasable with credits in the shipments and the top row is usually dedicated to white, green, and the occasional blue gear that rarely is actually needed or scarce. The bottom row is more usually blue or purple gear, however its only low level gear that can only help so much with early development in characters.

My proposal is that we add maybe a third or fourth row of credit-purchasable gear to the shipments that would regularly spawn higher level purple/gold/blue gear that is not found in shipments but has an overwhelming demand and a low drop rate (i.e stun cuffs/guns, thermal detonators, and Mk 7-10 prototype pieces, etc).

These extra rows would not be accessible until the player was at a level where those gear pieces become necessary (level 82ish?) and I feel like would help out F2P players on being able to grind out low drop rate gear a little better when they start trying to build more than one team.

I'm open for further suggestions or improvements to this proposal.

Replies

• Alrikster
    173 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This sounds like a good update for when the next lvl and gear increase hits.

Right now they need the current gear bottlenecks to keep people spending on fully crafted gear. But when g12 is available and new loot is required i agree that the accessability of former bottleneck gear should rise (credit shipments and challenges).
    Until then i don't see much chance of cuffs becoming more accessible.

This is especially true since character shards are so much easier to come by than before. Most toons are farmable even the newly released ones. Credit crunch has been mostly eliminated. This leaves mods and gear to slow down progress.