So who's ready for the r2 event and is certain they'll 7* him?

Replies

• Options
    veejayti wrote: »
    Everybody's sooo excited about this im sure all will hate this post, but while its always nice to get a new character on this game r2 d2 really . . .the little helpful friendly comedic astromech droid who in twenty years and six movies managed to find a single offensive move on a couple of b2s ??after yoda after palp they drop the incredible astromech door opener great job guys i cant wait to see pee wee urkel crush me in pvp and feel like its right
    Agreed.
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I'll have him 7* G11 with both Zetas right away

mr-moneybags.jpg
    You don't need to spend money to already have enough empire toons to 7* him and stack some gear and zetas.

Will get him to 7* right away, could already give him one zeta and could get him quickly geared too. R2 is not very gear-hungry. Not sure if will gear and zeta him directly though.
    I'm stoked they finally acknowledged the Zader TMR (turn meter removal) bug as an actual bug that is being fixed. My guess is it'll be fixed before R2 event starts, and this will keep many extra folks using Zader to earn R2 via an exploit. :D
    Not needed, according to datamines Tier 7 of the event will have TMR immunity.

For many it will be needed: They still have to get thru T6.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Honestly, I don't know. Someone, cough cough, was hoping I wouldn't even be able to use my Vader or EP. [my winky face emoji is broken Goodyear - no hard feelings]

I've got g11: zVader, EP, TFP; g10 RG; g8 (could be 10 by end of event) Tarkin.

I would be happy with 6* R2 while I work on troopers for the next 6 months.
  • CaptKain
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    7*/g11 EP leader Zader RG TFP & Tarkin.
    That should do it. If I need to I will remod my chars. But I can't see it being that difficult.
  • Options
    I am working on my empire since the R2 Event was announced. I currently have:

Vader and Palp 7*
    TFP 6* (80/100)
    Royal Guard 6* (7/100)
    Tarkin 5* (60/85)

I should have a huughe drop rate for finishing all of them 7* in time, but I think, I will unlock him only at 6*.

:neutral:
    If you could only imagine the power of the dark side!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

mr-moneybags.jpg
    You don't need to spend money to already have enough empire toons to 7* him and stack some gear and zetas.

Will get him to 7* right away, could already give him one zeta and could get him quickly geared too. R2 is not very gear-hungry. Not sure if will gear and zeta him directly though.
    I'm stoked they finally acknowledged the Zader TMR (turn meter removal) bug as an actual bug that is being fixed. My guess is it'll be fixed before R2 event starts, and this will keep many extra folks using Zader to earn R2 via an exploit. :D

This event won't have multiple phases so the Zader bug doesn't apply here.
    Even with the tmr immunity I'll still beat the event with
    7* Zader G11
    7* Palp G11
    7* TFP g11
    7* DT G11
    7* RG G10
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    veejayti wrote: »
    Everybody's sooo excited about this im sure all will hate this post, but while its always nice to get a new character on this game r2 d2 really . . .the little helpful friendly comedic astromech droid who in twenty years and six movies managed to find a single offensive move on a couple of b2s ??after yoda after palp they drop the incredible astromech door opener great job guys i cant wait to see pee wee urkel crush me in pvp and feel like its right
    Agreed.

yeah, this is a little silly. The reason I believe is that he is a fan favorite. It's going to be funny when R2D2 destroys Zaul teams; lone astromech against the might of the ancient and all powerful Sith and the Sith lost lol. I think it would have been better had they left his offensive abilities out and made him an extremely glorifed support unit(Poggle, Barriss etc.). But still not sure how he will play out, have to wait and see.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I'm certain I get a 7* R2 first time around
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    All of my Empire toons below are level 85 and 7 star:

Gear 11 zVader
    G11 TFP
    G11 Shoretrooper
    G11 Palpatine
    G10 (with the gear to take him to 11) Deathtrooper
    G10 Royal Guard

Lol, if I'm not ready for this event, then this event is crazy! :D
  • Options
    Unless they designed the event for you to have zeta's!would really suck..
  • Options
    Right- if it's straight forward, no problem.

However, it's also May the 4th -- and all y'all has been complaining about not having Jedi Luke. There's a chance you'll get to see Jedi Luke in R7 and he'll come stacked with the Anti-sith bonuses for Jedi and be able to take down Vader/EP.

Having nothing to do with what that one guy said..... this could be the curveball and also some reasoning behind the Trooper update - as a non-sith method to take him down.

I have no idea, but I'm also pretty sure CG likes to Troll us now and again and so I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    I've got:
    7* G11 zader
    7* G11 EP
    7* G10 TFP
    7* G10 RG
    7* lvl 1 G1 Tarkin
    Im feeling confident.

Seriously? You are going to get crushed. You have no chance at beating this event at 7*. Don't you remember how hard the 7th tier of the Palp and Yoda event were? You are essentially saying that you can beat it with only 4 toons. There is very low probability of that.
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Again, it depends on how hard they've made this. I have 7* G11 Vader and TFP, 7* G10 Palp, 7* G9 RG, and 7* Tarkin and Mags. Lower gear, but shouldn't matter. May need to upgrade mods on the 5th and possibly level them up some. But I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't get 7* R2 with those guys.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    I've got:
    7* G11 zader
    7* G11 EP
    7* G10 TFP
    7* G10 RG
    7* lvl 1 G1 Tarkin
    Im feeling confident.

Seriously? You are going to get crushed. You have no chance at beating this event at 7*. Don't you remember how hard the 7th tier of the Palp and Yoda event were? You are essentially saying that you can beat it with only 4 toons. There is very low probability of that.

Yoda and Palpatine event require level 70, G8 toons to beat. I expect this to require the same.

I would be confident with Atlas1's setup as well.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

mr-moneybags.jpg

7* Zader G11
    7* Palp G11
    7* TFP g11
    7* DT G11
    7* RG G10

@tRRRey how do you know it won't have multiple phases/tiers? Every past event has had multiple stages. My guess is it won't be no different. I'll be watching to see if you beat it. ;)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

mr-moneybags.jpg

7* Zader G11
    7* Palp G11
    7* TFP g11
    7* DT G11
    7* RG G10

@tRRRey how do you know it won't have multiple phases/tiers? Every past event has had multiple stages. My guess is it won't be no different. I'll be watching to see if you beat it. ;)

Yoda and Palp legendary events didn't have phases, ony the main battle
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I feel pretty confident. Zader, RG, TFP, EP all g11 and Tarkin g10
  • Options
    LOL, this forum is going to be filled with "I can't beat the 7* Tier of R2 Event" in just a few days! I think some people are going to have a rude awakening over how hard this is.
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Zader, EP, TFP, RG, ShT all max gear besides ShT and he's g10. krennic is g9 if i need him
    Post edited by mlb1399 on
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    LOL, this forum is going to be filled with "I can't beat the 7* Tier of R2 Event" in just a few days! I think some people are going to have a rude awakening over how hard this is.
    ^^this

Vader, EP, tfp, RG, and Gmt seems to be the standard, so they may very well have a plan to make this challenging even for fully modded toons.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine 7* G10
    Vader 6 g8
    Rg 5* g7
    Snow trooper 5* g7
    Storm trooper 5* g7
    Grand moff tarkin 5* g7

I presume I would be able to unlock it but not 7* it :(
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options

Why do you say this?

• Options
    I predict it'll be near impossible regardless of who you have atm, and will require level 90 gl 12 to 7 star.

Yeah. R2 was a royal pain in the final tier of the last event.
  • osamamatix
    158 posts Member
    Options
    not sure
    7* vader g10
    7* palps g10
    7* TFP g10
    7* RG g9
    7* tarkin level 1 gear 1

ive got gear and credits to improve them a bit (and bring tarkin up if necessary just not gonna waste it, see if im closeish or getting a pounding)
    apart from tarkin, which i can gear up, this is much more than what i did the yoda and palps event with so hopefully fingers crossed
    my mods a very average though
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Oh I hope R2 is as strong as level 90 Yoda :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I've got:
    7* G11 zader
    7* G11 EP
    7* G10 TFP
    7* G10 RG
    7* lvl 1 G1 Tarkin
    Im feeling confident.

Tier 7 of those events were far from difficult, especially once they nerfed the yoda event
  • Options
    They warned for very hard difficulty level for places of power and it was a breaze for those with zmaul or zkylo...
    Hope it will not be crazy hard
  • Options
    Who will you put at the lead? Ep or zader? I would start with ep, i guess.

I have Zader g11, ep g11, tfp g11, rg g10, tarkin g10
    I also have magmatrooper only at g7
  • Options
    I have:

EP at only 5 stars, g10
    Vader at six stars, g10
    Snowtrooper seven stars, g9
    Tarkin seven stars, g10
    TFP seven stars, g11
    Veers seven stars, g11
    Royal Guard seven stars, g11

I hope my seven stared toons will suffice. I may be able to get Vader to seven stars, but that depends on luck.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    I have ep / zvader / tfp at g11 and tarkin / rg at g8.. working on the last 2 and pretty sure they'll be g9 byt then...
    I'll try with ep lead as it is good against rebels and zvader tm red will not work in last tier anyway...
    Hope that will be enough...