Grievous rework

Prev1
TheDarthKnight
180 posts Member
edited May 2017
Okay, so I had this really long separatist faction pass idea and made it into a thread. And then the website glitched out and deleted it. So now I'm just going to say my grievous idea

Basic:deal physical damage to target enemy with a75% chance to attack again and a 50% chance to attack a third time. Attacks after the first deal 50% less damage unless the 1st attack is a critical hit, then it has a 25% damage penalty. This attack cannot be evaded or countered

Special: deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict healing immunity and 2 damage over times for 2 turns. Galactic Republic enemies lose 30% turn meter

Special: inflict health down on all enemies with a 40% chance to expose them. Remove 20% turn meter. If they are Galactic Republic, remove an additional 20% turn meter

Leader: all enemies lose 20% critical chance and damage. Whenever a droid or separatist ally scores a critical hit, inflict stagger for 2 turns. Droid and separatist allies gain turn meter equal to the average of the turn meter removed during their turn. Other forms of bonus turn meter gain are disabled.

Unique: Magnaguard taunts for 2 turns when general Grievous falls below 100% health if present. If not force a random with the most health to taunt for 1 turn. General Grievous gains 10% max health for each separatist or droid ally, this is doubled if Magnaguard is present. Magnaguard also gains these bonuses

Magnaguard

Basic: now has a 50% chance to inflict shock

Special: now has a 35% chance to inflict shock and calls Grievous to assist

Unique: now also affects grievous

New unique:Enhanced targeting systems: Magnaguard can target stealthed enemies and inflicts buff immunity for 2 turns if he does
"Because I'm Batman"-me
Post edited by TheDarthKnight on

Replies

• Options
    Any thoughts?
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    A GG rework is coming, confirmed by Jesse weeks ago.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Options
    For his leader he should remove 40 percent critical chance and damage
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Options
    I think he would be fine after that. i like his new kit,nice work
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Everything about it looks great but hits after the first for his basic ability shouldn't be able to crit because of HK-47's leader ability
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The stagger on his leader ability is op. Their team will literally be half dead before they get a turn lol
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    The stagger on his leader ability is op. Their team will literally be half dead before they get a turn lol

Actually, they would be directly countered by QGJ lead because they entirely outspeed droids and they give tenacity up
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Everything about it looks great but hits after the first for his basic ability shouldn't be able to crit because of HK-47's leader ability

Yeah, in hindsight I should probably just have it reduced the penalty to 25% on crit
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    Frankly the ideas are cool, but I wanted to see more usability outside of droid squads. He is squishy and very slow, and the changes you proposed don't change that.
    I would really like if his unique gave him foresight or stealth to better represent his cowardliness, plus it could have some good strategies behind being able to select the character to taunt.
    Although his basic is currently (in game) fine, his 2 specials are beyond useless, and again, you didn't change that. His health down could apply irresistible expose 1st target enemy, and he needs to gain some TM from this ability, say from number of de-buffed enemies. His AoE could apply buff immunity and give some buff or TM to allies, or deal scaled damage.
    His lead is very interesting, but I don't see it being of any use, specially because of lack of TM reduction on droids, except for him and MG.
    Synergy with MG is an awesome idea, although MG's unique should be a little different, kind of like DT and DK (if GG is damaged, MG gains TM, speed up, offense up).
  • Options
    if they did rework Grievous would they also change the raid one? Other then that I like the reworks accept the guard should have a stun not shock chance
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Anditesh wrote: »
    if they did rework Grievous would they also change the raid one? Other then that I like the reworks accept the guard should have a stun not shock chance

No. They are already nothing alike.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Here's my reworks for grievous and magnaguard. Feel free to take some inspiration from it. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91990/should-general-grievous-get-a-rework/p1?new=1
  • Options
    I also have one (if EA hadn't confirmed a re-work, you think they would have taken the hint? :) )
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/103565/grievous-rework#latest
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Since everyone else is throwing in their links, might as well throw mine:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/100039/general-grevious-rework#latest

And I think that the leader ability might be too op with stagger. Instead I believe it should be shaken (remove 25%) much like the raid Grevious. It would also be cool if Grevious has some kind of mechanic to revive magnaguard
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully he will be viable in arena. Doubt it because every new character we've gotten for a good while now can't hang with zMaul. Makes me wonder why they're making toons that are poor.
  • Options
    Okay, so I edited some of the abilities based on feedback
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/100039/general-grevious-rework#latest

And I think that the leader ability might be too op with stagger. Instead I believe it should be shaken (remove 25%) much like the raid Grevious. It would also be cool if Grevious has some kind of mechanic to revive magnaguard

His leader is actually directly countered by yoda, considering they need at least 1 turn to get the ball rolling. High tenacity and cleansers also counter him, just not as good as yoda.
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    Actually like this quite a bit. +1
  • Options

His leader is actually directly countered by yoda, considering they need at least 1 turn to get the ball rolling. High tenacity and cleansers also counter him, just not as good as yoda.

I agree with the others, the rework is cool but the leadership is just op. I know a fast yoda can counter it, but the rest are screwed. If the other droids AoE one after the other, the team will literally be unable to move. We learned from Zmaul that teams that only have one counter are not good for the game
  • Options

I agree with the others, the rework is cool but the leadership is just op. I know a fast yoda can counter it, but the rest are screwed. If the other droids AoE one after the other, the team will literally be unable to move. We learned from Zmaul that teams that only have one counter are not good for the game

It sounds like something cg would do tho, no?
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

It sounds like something cg would do tho, no?

I hope they learned from their mistake, and they won't do it again. Not for droids, rebels, empire, tuskens, or whatever.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    since droids are all about crit and high damage, i think it would be good if grievous leader could counter the people with anti-crit uniques/abilities (aka kenobi taunt, biggs turn meter gain, churrits 1,000,010 HoT's, zarris heals, zaul stealth/anti crit, ect)

yes i know that could make them a bit OP if they could bypass every anti-crit person, but every anti-crit person is basically meta and wont go away, so lets have droids able to fight them efficiently without it going into the enemies favor after a crit is scored.
  • Options

Don't forget that it also has to be a crit otherwise it won't inflict stagger, and since you're using this lead, you're giving up the 100% crit chance of HK-47
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Nicely done. I like this kit, but it doesn't prevent grevious from being squishy and slow. My favorite thing about your kit is the stagger on his leader ability. Good work :)
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Nicely done. I like this kit, but it doesn't prevent grevious from being squishy and slow. My favorite thing about your kit is the stagger on his leader ability. Good work :)

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it. His leader ability and unique help with some of this considering that some of his abilities drain turn meter he would then gain it and his unique(if he's in a full droid or separatist that has magnaguard) he gets 100% more max health.
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • BigBP
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Grevious's leader ability needs a complete overhaul. That Critical Chance reduction does nothing considering mods exist.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Grevious's basic should do x4 dmg vs. Jedi and x2 dmg vs. Galactic republic.

Grevious lead should make all allies have a 40% chance to expose on basics... no save. Double this chance for droids/seperatists.

His unique should give +25% hp/protection for each droid/seperatist ally. And force taunt onto magnaguard if present & grant magnaguard defense up & tenacity up for 1 turn.

Magna guard basic should inflict offense down & shock 50% chance no save on both.

Magnaguard aoe should expose & steal (not reduce) 50%tm... 50% chance on both no save.

This balanced... with all the triple cleanse teams out there now... it really not enough. But RNG can make for some wicked stacks of expose.
  • Options
    I'm 5 shards away from unlocking him let's hope this happens soon
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    Mrjenkins wrote: »
    I'm 5 shards away from unlocking him let's hope this happens soon

im 20 shards from 7* and a few gear (1 stun cuff) from gear 10.... i really hope it happens soon and becomes great. i want to be ahead of others... BTW get 150 stun cuffs ready for him