How is GK lead for arena?

Kumbala
109 posts Member
Is it a good idea to have it for arena? Perhaps have a mix of jedi and clones under his lead?

Replies

• Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
    I switch between zQGJ and GK lead sometimes. With GK lead I run zBM yoda, zBarris, Fives, Aayla. It doesn't win on offense as much as zQGJ but doesn't seem to drop on defense as far.

But still not great. Cant really break into T10 with it, so I run zQGJ on offense.
  • Options
    À team like GK lead chaze,zarriss and five is a pain ,good on defense for Arena
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Oh ya.

There's a couple #1s in the swgoh.gg meta report, that run GK lead, zBarris, Chaze, DN
  • Options
    It always depends on the server and what your competition is.
  • Options
    It always depends on the server and what your competition is.
    +1
  • Options
    Brigger wrote: »
    I switch between zQGJ and GK lead sometimes. With GK lead I run zBM yoda, zBarris, Fives, Aayla. It doesn't win on offense as much as zQGJ but doesn't seem to drop on defense as far.

But still not great. Cant really break into T10 with it, so I run zQGJ on offense.

Who is zBM?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Who is zBM?

zeta Battle Meditation, it's Yoda's special ability that grants Tenacity Up + Foresight to everyone + whatever other Buffs Yoda has. (Without the Zeta it doesn't automatically give the Foresight unless Yoda already had it)
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
    DragonWzd wrote: »
    Gk lead with fives Zarriss RG and DN would murder

Does this work? I wanna try this. What kinda mods?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Not quite enough healing to keep DN alive. Plus if they dispel your taunts, Nihilus becomes an easy target and leaves you with next to no offense. It could work though, you'd want Nihilus as fast as possible and protection and health mods on Fives and RG and Zarriss.
  • Options
    When you're using it with a Jedi team, it's good, however utterly destroyed by Maul (AOE daze completely shuts down the the ally-assists from healing).

With a clones team, it's okay, but it's still not enough to make Clones a good arena faction.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Not quite enough healing to keep DN alive. Plus if they dispel your taunts, Nihilus becomes an easy target and leaves you with next to no offense. It could work though, you'd want Nihilus as fast as possible and protection and health mods on Fives and RG and Zarriss.

Maybe swap out RG for Zylo.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I have two shardmates that use GK(l), DN, Chaze and zarris. It's a classic timeout team... Honestly it's the most annoying team there is, even more than Zaul with the dodges... Not because it's a strong team that crushes. Just the opposite, you won't lose to it, but you won't beat it in time unless you kill Chirrut asap lol... Of course, it's beatable, but it's annoying.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    I have two shardmates that use GK(l), DN, Chaze and zarris. It's a classic timeout team... Honestly it's the most annoying team there is, even more than Zaul with the dodges... Not because it's a strong team that crushes. Just the opposite, you won't lose to it, but you won't beat it in time unless you kill Chirrut asap lol... Of course, it's beatable, but it's annoying.

I honestly don't think it's that much a time out team though.... This is what happens when I face the GK, Chaze, Zarriss, DN team on my shard: rFLYswf.jpg
    Maul is modded to go first and Daze everyone, sometimes he only dazes 4 of them, but then Nihilus follows right up with Drain Force and with his unique a DoT will apply to the fifth who didn't get Dazed and all 5 of them can't use their abilities. After that it everyone goes down rather quickly. Doesn't matter if Chirrut dies first or 5th.

That being said his team rarely drops past like 8, and it's a very solid team, it's not just a timeout team, it's a team that tosses around taunts and heals while it lets DN eat everyone.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Oh i'm not saying it's unbeatable or anything, but that's the best defensive team there is (imo), of course, a sith team that is mainly about causing debuffs can beat it fairly easy i think... But as for me, i run Jedi, so my only heal/buff imunity toon is JKA. So i won't lose in offense, but there's a 60% or higher chance that the battle will draw.

From my point of view, that's the most solid timeout team there is atm...

That being said his team rarely drops past like 8, and it's a very solid team, it's not just a timeout team, it's a team that tosses around taunts and heals while it lets DN eat everyone.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Oh i'm not saying it's unbeatable or anything, but that's the best defensive team there is (imo), of course, a sith team that is mainly about causing debuffs can beat it fairly easy i think... But as for me, i run Jedi, so my only heal/buff imunity toon is JKA. So i won't lose in offense, but there's a 60% or higher chance that the battle will draw.

From my point of view, that's the most solid timeout team there is atm...

I know it's solid, but you said timeout team, and I showed you me beating that team in basically a minute. Timeout teams only work to an extent, but once the other teams hit a certain level the timeout team is easy enough to beat.
  • Options
    Gk lead mixed with clones zarris and b2 has kept me viable after droid destruction, once i get a zeta on fives and max out the rest oh boy, right now even with the debuff gauntlet you go through with the common darth maul lead team these guys come out on top, but with no heal block or stun you must avoid kylo ren zeta and savage oppress zeta like the black bubonic plague and that sucks