Mandalorian Character Ideas

I know I just made another post earlier. Unfortunately, I had an accident where I accidentally pressed save while previewing before I had actually finished everything. It made kind of a mess so I figured it was a good idea to start over.

Also, thanks to @MasterSeedy for feedback which has been used to revise Jango Fett's profile.

It's occurred to me that Mandalorians could probably be added as a faction in the game. We've got four at present (Boba Fett, Sabine Wren, Gar Saxon, Imperial Trooper), and there are definitely others who could be added.

Mandalorians are one of the most iconic factions in Star Wars lore. They're also one of the most complex, what with their tendency to alternate between being great heroes and ruthless conquerors depending on the political circumstances of the current era (i.e. going from being hated enemies of the Republic before the Jedi Civil war to being a valuable asset in its aftermath). There's also so many different groups of Mandalorians.

I've decided to try listing a few ideas here for potential Mandalorians to add should this sub-faction be added to the game. Let me know what you think.
Light Side

Bo-Katan Kryze
latest?cb=20131024184629

Basic: Quick Draw- Bo-Katan fires her dual blasters at a designated target, with a +5 bonus against Sith and Imperial units.

Leader: Protector of Mandalore- All Mandalorian allies receive +15 protection. Against Sith opponents, Mandalorian allies receive a 50% tenacity and offense bonus.

Mandalore The Preserver
latest?cb=20070705060526

Basic- Suppressing fire: Mandalore fires several shots at an enemy target.

Special- Call to Arms: Mandalore can call a selected ally to perform one special action regardless of the units cooldown times. If the selected unit has more than one special skill, it is chosen at random

Taunt- Draw Fire: For the next three turns, enemy units can only target Mandalore, who receives +10 resistance

Leader- Mandalorian Honor: All Mandalorian allies receive +25 protection and 25% resistance against all debuffs.
latest?cb=20170213232435

Basic: Weapons Master- Ursa fires her blaster at a designated taraget

Special: United for Mandalore- Ursa can direct any allied unit to strike an enemy target for +15 damage

Leader: Death to the Empire- All Mandalorian allies gain +15 agility and +15 offense against Imperial Units. This increases by 25% if Gar Saxon is on the opposing team.

Unique: Mandalorian Rage- If a Mandalorian ally is defeated, Ursa regenerates 75% of her maximum HP and gains a shield. For the next three turns, she has a 50% chance of critical hits. If the fallen ally was Sabine Wren, Ursa recovers her maximum HP and gains a 100% chance of critical hits for five turns

Dark Side
Jango Fett
latest?cb=20100202215525

Basic- Rapid Fire: Jango draws his dual blasters and shoots several rounds at a designated target.

Special- Dead Eye: Jango fires one precise shot at an enemy unit, inflicting massive HP loss but only a 5% chance of critical hits.

Special 2- Flamethrower: Jango Fett fires a volley of flame at the enemy team, doing damage to all units but with only a 10% chance of critical hits.

Special 3: Rocket Man!: Jango launches a rocket from his backpack at the enemy squad, doing massive area damage.

Taunt- Adrenaline Rush: Jango taunts for three turns, during which time rapid fire gains a 50% chance of critical hits. Mandalorian and Bounty Hunter allies gain +15 offense.

Unique- Never Give Up: On defeating an enemy unit, Mandalorian, Scoundrel, and Bounty Hunter Allies gain one extra turn.

I also had three other ideas but wasn't sure exactly what abilities they could have. Here are three more possible options.
Pre Vizsla
latest?cb=20131024191840
Mandalore the Avenger
latest?cb=20121119203207
Rook Kast
latest?cb=20160719203925

Replies

• Options
    Yaaaaaass or like Kal Skirata or Walon Vau and all the others Delta Squad, Omega Squad, Null Arcs, Alpha planks(heh) because they are all Mandalorians as well.
  • Options
    Darman1136 wrote: »
    Yaaaaaass or like Kal Skirata or Walon Vau and all the others Delta Squad, Omega Squad, Null Arcs, Alpha planks(heh) because they are all Mandalorians as well.

I actually don't know those two and had to look them up on Wookiepedia. I'm not sure how much information is available on Walon Vau but I did find an article on Kal Skirata. I assume you're referring to this guy...
    latest?cb=20080311011555

If I'm understanding Wookiepedia's description correctly, Kal sounds like he would be a light-sided character. It also mentioned that he had a lot of ties to the Clone Army, so I could see there being some clone-themed bonuses with him.
  • Options

Let me see what I can do with him. Feel free to refine this if you see any room for improvement...
    Kal Skirata
    latest?cb=20080311011555

Basic: Frontal Assault- Kal fires at a designated target

Special: Scope Shot- Kal fires a carefully aimed shot at a designated target, with a 25% chance of critical hits, increased to 50% against Seperatist opponents.

Leader: Mandalorian Tradition- Mandalorian Allies receive +15 offense. Clone allies receive +15 protection.
  • Options
    Yea that's him, and in a way these guys are technically canon.
  • Options
    Is Republic Commando considered canon? I guess there's no real reason it can't fit the new timeline but I'm not aware of anything official.
  • Options
    Now that we have the Galactic Republic faction, I think we should have a Senatorial Guard (or whatever they were called)
  • Options
    @MasterSeedy

You mean like one of these guys?
    latest?cb=20160911061228

latest?cb=20150604024723

I don't know if there's a specific name. Wookiepedia just refers to them as "Senate Guards." I could see them being a nice addition to the game, but what sort of abilities would they have?
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, those.

I think of them as the Republic fore-runners of the Royal Guard, so a tank with taunt. A while ago I suggested a new buff that I think would be perfect for them: Cover. If they don't want to introduce it as a buff, they can make it a unique.

Unique: Cover
    When the Senate Guard is Taunting, buffs on allies cannot be dispelled, and all allies gain +50% evasion against AoE attacks and reduce AoE damage by 50%.

The buff version of cover doesn't include preventing dispel, but I think it's appropriate here.

You would probably have it +25% evasion at Level 1, then slowly add in the reduction of damage, and give +25% more evasion at Level 7 or 8, whatever is the capstone. NOTE: this does not reduce the damage when someone like Boba ignores Taunt and does damage to another character with a single-target attack. I don't know what should happen with MagmaTrooper and abilities that sometimes affect a 2nd target, but I think the right thing to do would be to apply these bonuses only if the toon is the 2nd target, not the first.

==================================================
    They are guards, so the idea to give them a less-than-lethal attack is sound, but we can't make it too much a copy of Royal Guard. Instead of giving a straight up stun, give him advantages when he is called to assist.

Unique: Crowd Control
    The SG has a 25% chance to assist, doing 50% less damage, when any ally uses a basic attack while SG is taunting. When the Senate Guard attacks during a Light Side ally's turn, the attack cannot be evaded, has +20% crit chance, and a 100% chance to inflict stun. If the attack is a critical hit, this stun cannot be resisted. Attacks during Darth Sidius' turn also trigger this ability as if Darth Sidius was a Light Side toon.

Then the basic and the Special
    Basic: Arm's Length
    The senate guard attacks with a pole-arm, inflicting Accuracy Down with a 35% chance of also inflicting Offense Down. If the target was already suffering from Accuracy Down, the Senate Guard inflicts Critical Chance Down instead and the chance of inflicting Offense Down is doubled.

Special: Behind Me
    CoolDown: 5 turns
    SG taunts for 3 turns, grants Cover to all other allies, and grants Tenacity Up to all other allies. If any ally successfully resists a debuff, there is a 50% chance that SG guard is inflicted with that debuff instead. SG can attempt to resist these debuffs.

• Options
    And republic commandos are canon remember in tv show gregor he was RC and also in one scene Delta Squad brought the bodies of the jedi back after Savage killed them, where he had the axe still. So that makes Delta canon, and because Karen Travis made them in her books and then the game, doesn't that make all of it canon?
  • wittsbm
    22 posts Member
    Options
    I would love a Mandalore release of jango montross and jaster...
  • Options
    I’m so down for pre visla rocking a dark saber special