Hey, Snowtrooper looks awesome! Know why I won't be using him? 400 stun cuffs

JinSaotome
682 posts Member
edited April 2017
Terrible farming RNG, guildies don't donate them, you're lucky to see them in fleet shipments even twice a week, and they don't show up in raids with any sort of frequency. I have to flick twice on the bottom character scroll under cuffs.

I get you -can- successfully farm stun cuffs if you ditch farming anything else and ignore guild challenges but that's not feasible for trying to get so many cuffs for so many people. If cuffs were like VII eyes where you needed one to progress a gear level...or even purchasable for 700 crystals like gold eye parts that show up in a particular slot regularly, but cuffs simply don't. I don't see more than once a week in shipments. Looking at all the other gear I can't see any other gear piece that difficult to obtain. Stun gun parts maybe? But since you don't need 4+ of those for a character it's not an issue really.
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    100 are when you're already at gear 11, another 150 are at gear 10. It only takes 150 stun cuffs to get to gear 10.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    100 are when you're already at gear 11, another 150 are at gear 10. It only takes 150 stun cuffs to get to gear 10.

Ouch
  • Options
    Just buy them. They're not that bad. Snowtrooper is pretty rad at g11. Can't wait for his Trooper unique.
  • Options
    Last time I farmed a full stun cuff it lit up 35 slots in my roster....it's depressing :(
  • Options
    Just buy them. They're not that bad. Snowtrooper is pretty rad at g11. Can't wait for his Trooper unique.

I would if they ever showed up. I buy them when I can
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that 400 is a lot for one character, but they show up fleet quite often. They appear in two different slots. Sometimes I get 20 in a day just from fleet
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    Save crystals and buy them. That's what I do.
  • Options
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    Save crystals and buy them. That's what I do.

They're never there when you need them. Havent seen one in shipments for 10 days now
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So don't gear him? what's the problem?
    If the effort doesn't match the reward it should be an easy decision, atleast for me it is. So why feel bad about not using him?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Don't look at the gear requirement. Go for a toon or don't ;)

Looks like he will be like a Lando trooper, a badass under Veers lead.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    If the effort doesn't match the reward it should be an easy decision, atleast for me it is. So why feel bad about not using him?

The point seems to be:
    Trooper tag looks good but all those troopers need an awful lot of cuffs - therfore OP and a lot of other people (incl me) wont bother with them and neither with veers (who is a PITA to farm as is)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

The point seems to be:
    Trooper tag looks good but all those troopers need an awful lot of cuffs - therfore OP and a lot of other people (incl me) wont bother with them and neither with veers (who is a PITA to farm as is)

i personally don't see not gearing them because they're hard to gear as a problem. Eventhough it's a pain, it's still manageble imo.
    Farming veers on the other hand i do consider an unnecessary deal-breaker. I'd much rather buy a stun cuff for a character i already farmed than buying 28 shards to farm a character. Mainly because said character also needs to be geared, wich will probably result in me having to buy gear aswell as shards/hardnode refreshes. I get that my oppinion on hard to gear vs hard node farming is subjective.
    I'm not interrested in troopers one way or the other, so even if they were easely farm- and gear-able i wouldn't have farmed/geared them. That probably also plays a roll in me not being bothered about snow being hard to gear.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Wow. I think troopers look fun, but had no idea snow was such a hard gear. That is a big reason not to bother with him. I would MUCH rather give 250 of those cuffs to chirrut to max him out.
  • Options
    And GK needs a bunch too!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Not even close to being worth the time or investment imo.

There are many many other toons I could waste my life farming stun cuffs for, that will most likely perform alot better. Right now everyone is gearing the troopers off of hopes and dreams after reading thier descriptions. Id much rather invest that much in a toon that I know will put in work.

In other words, OP I feel ya.