Nightsister Faction Pass suggestion

MmoProNick
244 posts Member
edited May 2017
The Nightsisters (apart from Ventress, who's gotten a little attention with her zeta and a few buffs), are a SERIOUSLY neglected group in SWGOH. For a small clan that has the power to reanimate the dead, steal living force from people, torture Sith lords from systems away, possessed a level of power that even Sidious admired, and took an entire battalion of droids lead by General Grievous to (mostly) eliminate, the nightsisters in SWGOH are completely under-represented both meta wise, and through dev support. According to swgoh.gg, Ventress is the only nightsister to be used at rank one, daka is only used once in ranks 1-10, and both are only used by a single player in their team. And in ranks
1-100, Ventress lead is used just twice, and in the entire meta Ventress and Daka are the only two used at all, with only 52 and 27 players using them respectively. The nightsisters are also the ONLY faction without synergies among themselves or with other toons from separate factions apart from the lead ability. (Apart from the relatively new separatist faction, of which Ventress is also a member...)

So I took the liberty of creating a list of buffs/reworks to make the nightsisters more viable in the Meta, or anywhere else in the game for that matter. Please take the time to read through this extensive post, which took me 2 hours to type up.

Asajj Ventress:

Basic: Omega Upgrade - +30% Damage and + 15% Stun from +15% Damage

Special 1 (Strike Fear): Grants Heal to all Nightsister allies instead of just Ventress (How I miss when this ability healed everyone.) Ventress Really doesn't need this much heal for herself so much as some of the other nightsisters need another healer.

Special 2 (Endless Wrath): From + 15% damage to + 30% damage, and refresh cooldowns of all nightsister allies. The maximum reduction Ventress can get from this one is 1 turn with her other ability, and it's already hard enough to get a kill with this move, let alone obtain a benefit from it, the other Nightsisters would have more of a benefit from this move than Ventress will ever have.

Talia:

Basic (Draining Strike):
Upgrade 5: From + 5% damage to + 10% damage, and add + 20% bonus damage
Omega Upgrade: +30% damage in addition to Previous Bonus (to 40% bonus damage)
This move is WAY too weak to make a noticeable difference in Talia's health, a damage buff would allow the healing to make a real difference.

Special 1:
Omega Upgrade: Bonus effect chance: 100%, + 20% turn meter gain for other allies.

Special 2:
Omega Upgrade: + 30% damage in addition to previous bonus

Leader: Change to Unique ability, active until Talia dies, -6% evasion

Can we please change this into a unique, because it really can't compete with Ventress' lead, and a slight evasion bonus for the sisters would be very helpful (but not OP against R2).

Old Daka
Basic: + 5% bonus stun chance (at all levels), Now deals special damage instead of physical damage.
Omega: + 15% damage and +20% Stun Chance from + 15% Stun chance.

Special:
Omega: + 15% Revive chance, now grants Offense up and Defense up to allies who were not revived for 2 turns, and dispel all Undead effects on nightsister allies. (see below)

Unique: +10% revive chance, bonus effect Duration + 1.

NEW ZETA: As long as Old Daka is alive, Nightsister allies have a 100% chance of reviving at 100% health, and gain the Undead Trait.
Units with the Undead trait can only use their basic attacks, but gain 30% speed, 50% defense, 50% max Health, and 100% offense, This effect cannot be dispelled, and lasts until Old Daka is defeated or uses a special ability.

This would make daka a serious threat, but not too powerful a threat as nightsisters would only use basic abilities. (in the series revived sisters were more or less mindless zombies that could only slash at enemies.) Her heal would also make her viable in other teams, while keeping her from being too OP with the other sisters.

Nightsister Acolyte:
Basic: Omega - Gains 15% damage in addition to previous buff.

Special 1: Grants all nightsister allies tenacity up for 2 turns on a finishing blow
Omega - Dispel and Turn meter gain effects now activate on a critical hit instead of on a kill, grant half as much turn meter to other nightsister allies and gains + 15% damage.

Unique: Omega upgrade and upgrades 6 and 4 give 10% Critical chance each instead of 5%. And grants half of the hp gain and critical chance to other nightsister allies.

Nightsister Initiate:
Basic: Omega - Now adds + 15% damage, and + 1 Damage over Time effect.

Special 1: Omega - +30% Damage, Cooldown - 1.

Special 2: 100% buff immunity chance, Duration + 1,
Upgrades 3 and 5: Now give + 35% buff immunity chance each.
Omega: Loses + 15% buff immunity chance, Gains + 30% damage, and dispels all positive status effects on target enemy, and remove 10% turn meter for each effect dispelled on the target enemy.

NEW UNIQUE: For the Sisterhood
Level 1 ability reads: Whenever any ally is revived, Nightsister Initiate gains taunt for 1 turn. In addition: She has +10% critical damage

Ability upgrades 2-4: Add 4% critical damage each.
Level 5: Gains taunt whenever ant enemy is defeated.
Levels 6 and 7: Add 4% critical damage each
Omega: Add taunt for 1 turn at the beginning of battle and + 5% Critical damage.

Final text reads: At the beginning of battle, and whenever any enemy is defeated or any ally is revived revived, Nightsister Initiate gains taunt for 1 turn. In addition, She has +35% Critical damage.

I Hope that you all enjoyed my suggestions for a Nightsister faction pass in the future, which should give them the proper amount of power they deserve. The eventual release of Mother Talzin would also be appreciated CG. Anyways, I appreciate all those who read this entire post, which took me roughly 2 hours to type up.
Post edited by MmoProNick on

Replies

• Options
    I just posted about this, I was think night brothers and night sisters should be a race, like tuskens and jawas. Would bring in Savage and maul....and oshaka a bit more?
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    Well, considering that they only come into contact for "mating" and in savage's case, for revenge, They really dont need a synergy.
  • Tenebris_Fidem
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    The Nightsisters (apart from Ventress, who's gotten a little attention with her zeta and a few buffs), are a SERIOUSLY neglected group in SWGOH. For a small clan that has the power to reanimate the dead, steal living force from people, torture Sith lords from systems away, possessed a level of power that even Sidious admired, and took an entire battalion of droids lead by General Grievous to (mostly) eliminate, the nightsisters in SWGOH are completely under-represented both meta wise, and through dev support. According to swgoh.gg, Ventress is the only nightsister to be used at rank one, daka is only used once in ranks 1-10, and both are only used by a single player in their team. And in ranks
    1-100, Ventress lead is used just twice, and in the entire meta Ventress and Daka are the only two used at all, with only 52 and 27 players using them respectively. The nightsisters are also the ONLY faction without synergies among themselves or with other toons from separate factions apart from the lead ability. (Apart from the relatively new separatist faction, of which Ventress is also a member...)

So I took the liberty of creating a list of buffs/reworks to make the nightsisters more viable in the Meta, or anywhere else in the game for that matter. Please take the time to read through this extensive post, which took me 2 hours to type up.

Asajj Ventress:

Special 1 (Strike Fear): Grants Heal to all Nightsister allies instead of just Ventress (How I miss when this ability healed everyone.) Ventress Really doesn't need this much heal for herself so much as some of the other nightsisters need another healer.

Special 2 (Endless Wrath): From + 15% damage to + 30% damage, and refresh cooldowns of all nightsister allies. The maximum reduction Ventress can get from this one is 1 turn with her other ability, and it's already hard enough to get a kill with this move, let alone obtain a benefit from it, the other Nightsisters would have more of a benefit from this move than Ventress will ever have.

Talia:

Basic (Draining Strike):
    This move is WAY too weak to make a noticeable difference in Talia's health, a damage buff would allow the healing to make a real difference.

Special 1:
    Omega Upgrade: Bonus effect chance: 100%, + 20% turn meter gain for other allies.

Special 2:

Can we please change this into a unique, because it really can't compete with Ventress' lead, and a slight evasion bonus for the sisters would be very helpful (but not OP against R2).

Old Daka
    Basic: + 5% bonus stun chance (at all levels).

Special:
    Omega: + 15% Revive chance, now grants Offense up and Defense up to allies who were not revived for 2 turns, and dispel all Undead effects on nightsister allies. (see below)

NEW ZETA: As long as Old Daka is alive, Nightsister allies have a 100% chance of reviving at 100% health, and gain the Undead Trait.
    Units with the Undead trait can only use their basic attacks, but gain 30% speed, 50% defense, 50% max Health, and 100% offense, This effect cannot be dispelled, and lasts until Old Daka is defeated or uses a special ability.

This would make daka a serious threat, but not too powerful a threat as nightsisters would only use basic abilities. (in the series revived sisters were more or less mindless zombies that could only slash at enemies.) Her heal would also make her viable in other teams, while keeping her from being too OP with the other sisters.

Nightsister Acolyte:

Special 1: Grants all nightsister allies tenacity up for 2 turns on a finishing blow
    Omega - Dispel and Turn meter gain effects now activate on a critical hit instead of on a kill, grant half as much turn meter to other nightsister allies and gains + 15% damage.

Unique: Omega upgrade and upgrades 6 and 4 give 10% Critical chance each instead of 5%. And grants half of the hp gain and critical chance to other nightsister allies.

Nightsister Initiate:

Omega: Loses + 15% buff immunity chance, Gains + 30% damage, and dispels all positive status effects on target enemy, and remove 10% turn meter for each effect dispelled on the target enemy.

Level 1 ability reads: Whenever any ally is revived, Nightsister Initiate gains taunt for 1 turn. In addition: She has +10% critical damage

Omega: Add taunt for 1 turn at the beginning of battle and + 5% Critical damage.

Final text reads: At the beginning of battle, and whenever any enemy is defeated or any ally is revived revived, Nightsister Initiate gains taunt for 1 turn. In addition, She has +35% Critical damage.

I Hope that you all enjoyed my suggestions for a Nightsister faction pass in the future, which should give them the proper amount of power they deserve. The eventual release of Mother Talzin would also be appreciated CG. Anyways, I appreciate all those who read this entire post, which took me roughly 2 hours to type up.

i agree, the nightsisters need a fix. especially daka. it's weird that the ewok elder has better heal & revive than her - that furry thing isn't even force sensitive for cryin out loud. it's even weirder that she inflicts physical damage with her attacks, but, she uses sith sorcery (or force magick), so, wouldn't it be more appropriate to inflict special damage instead?

man, ea & the devs really need to look this up badly. daka serves nothing more than just a disposable pin cushion when you try using her in gw or arena & it's almost the same w/ talia & ventress too. what's more annoying is that the other 2 minions are mostly negligible in a battle.

:neutral:
    Post edited by Tenebris_Fidem on
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    I use Ventress, Daka, & Talia in a team together with 5s and Royal Guard. Yes, they're squishy, and yes, NSI should have a taunt whenever a toon is Revived (in my proposal in another thread, I gave NSI taunt NOT when enemies were defeated, but when allies were revived or when Daka took Health damage).

But I love them.

Please, EA/CG: give the NS the attention that they deserve.
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    Oh: not that I use them in Arena or anything. I just use them in the early stages of Galactic War, where I can get away with it.
  • Tenebris_Fidem
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Oh: not that I use them in Arena or anything. I just use them in the early stages of Galactic War, where I can get away with it.

they should be usable in the arena. right now, in the ranking meta, we have qui gon led jedis/clones, same w/ rex, vader led empire/sith, same again w/ maul, as well as rebel/r1 squads coming in too, but, i don't see any nightsisters.

simply put, nightsisters should also become arena viable too to balance the playing field. i use them in gw too, but, as filter/suicide squads - i'm getting quite tired of it & kinda pity em being used that way.

:smile:
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    nightsisters should also become arena viable too to balance the playing field. i use them in gw too, but, as filter/suicide squads - i'm getting quite tired of it & kinda pity em being used that way.

Exactly.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options

Asajj Ventress:

Talia:

Basic (Draining Strike):

Special 1:

Special 2:

Old Daka
    Basic: + 5% bonus stun chance (at all levels).

Special:

Nightsister Acolyte:

Nightsister Initiate:

i agree, the nightsisters need a fix. especially daka. it's weird that the ewok elder has better heal & revive than her - that furry thing isn't even force sensitive for cryin out loud. it's even weirder that she inflicts physical damage with her attacks, but, she uses sith sorcery (or force magick), so, wouldn't it be more appropriate to inflict special damage instead?

man, ea & the devs really need to look this up badly. daka serves nothing more than just a disposable pin cushion when you try using her in gw or arena & it's almost the same w/ talia & ventress too. what's more annoying is that the other 2 minions are mostly negligible in a battle.

:neutral:

I Honestly think some dev screwed up her damage being pysical considering that she has more special attack in her stats, I added this as a change to the OP.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    I use Ventress, Daka, & Talia in a team together with 5s and Royal Guard. Yes, they're squishy, and yes, NSI should have a taunt whenever a toon is Revived (in my proposal in another thread, I gave NSI taunt NOT when enemies were defeated, but when allies were revived or when Daka took Health damage).

But I love them.

Please, EA/CG: give the NS the attention that they deserve.

I commend you for your posts on the topic too. (I read the one you mentioned above) And for me this also isn't the only time requesting NS to get some love, in fact Kozi commented on my last thread, but that was when the devs were focused on rancor fixes, EP and AAT...
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    Btw, I made it to rank 50 today with Ventress on my team, but that's only because I had a wiggs leading K2 and ackbar and I have 60+ speed on every toon, and because my ventress is COMPLETELY maxed (yes even her lead, maybe just maybe i can get a stun squad with daka kylo and EP going....)
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    Nice, MmoProNick!

yeah, I'd love to max Ventress, but I'm pretty far behind on gear for everyone, so it will be a bit of time before I can get her up there. In the meantime, i do have her 7* + basic and rampage maxed.
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, Basic & Endless Wrath maxed. I haven't spent a zeta on her Rampage (since I don't have any), though I probably will sometime in my first 3 zetas.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, Basic & Endless Wrath maxed. I haven't spent a zeta on her Rampage (since I don't have any), though I probably will sometime in my first 3 zetas.

Hopefully nightsisters get the attention they deserve by then.

• Options
    no please, nightsisters should rot in the trash bin...
  • Options
    They should do a nightsisters rework and rework them right out of the game.
  • Options
    next rework looks like it'll be focused on tarkin or probably bring in a new toon - thrawn. either way, i'm still hoping for & looking forward to a nightsister rework. they still used to be one of the most influential factions in the galaxy.
  • Options
    next rework looks like it'll be focused on tarkin or probably bring in a new toon - thrawn. either way, i'm still hoping for & looking forward to a nightsister rework. they still used to be one of the most influential factions in the galaxy.

I mean seriously it took a freaking army of 10,000+ battle droids to kill a few hundred sisters.
  • Options

This.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options

255d775885092430cb726cbe8549b2cd4b93a63e0c48062aa21aebb567eae751.jpg
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

This.

To all the haters, this will be you once the clan gets reworked.

star_wars_the_clone_wars_dooku_and_mother_talzin_by_seekerarmada-d5mqbt6.jpg
  • Options

I mean seriously it took a freaking army of 10,000+ battle droids to kill a few hundred sisters.
    Plus heavy artillery, B2s, Commando Droids, and Gen Grevious.

Did the Magna Guards kill any? Or were they there to just guard the ships?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Nighsister obviously need a fix or a rework in some way.

Also developers can use this rework as an oportunity to introduce Mother Talzin.
  • Options
    ZhilAxfow wrote: »
    Nighsister obviously need a fix or a rework in some way.

Also developers can use this rework as an oportunity to introduce Mother Talzin.

73.png

• Options

I believe they were there in case grievous got scared by Ventress and ran away
  • Options

lol
  • Options

lol

Which is exactly why grievous deserves to suck in game I might add