Veers or Vader for Imperial Trooper Lead?

Prev1
SkyeLeonne
252 posts Member
Topic...

Replies

• SkyeLeonne
    252 posts Member
    Options
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Well, you give up 20 speed for the troopers to run Vader but you gain the benefits of the 20% TMR of vader plus the dots. The answer to me is if you plan on running Vader, he should be lead.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Vader

Unless the arrival of a new trooper
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    What is the rest of the squad? Are you talking about Storm, Snow, Death, Shore, with either leader? Or perhaps Mags, Snow, Death, Shore? These things make a difference as well.

But for me, I'd find more pleasure in letting Vader command a squad of troopers than I would Veers. Just for the visual if nothing else.
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Vader, veers, snow, dt, shore/magma

Vadeers team ;)
  • Sjollypbj
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Veers
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »

Vadeers team ;)

Veerder Team (Veers,Vader,whatever…) will sadly not be used
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

Vadeers team ;)

We will see
  • Options

Vadeers team ;)

Your lack of faith is disturbing.
  • Options
    +1 for Veerder
  • Options
    Actually, now that think of it. We're likely looking a zeta or two here. Zeerder it is.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Actually, now that think of it. We're likely looking a zeta or two here. Zeerder it is.
    Think zVeerder has a better ring to it, despite being all for changing the first letter with a Z

Supplement: Z spoken in English or USAish
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Best part of Veers is his unique not his leader imo. However, the Imperial Trooper faction as a whole is pretty slow and might need his lead to gain any traction. Either way the team will most likely need Shoretrooper to soak up damage. Snowtrooper is probably a must for his unique, and Deathtrooper is going to be needed for the dispel. That leaves you with room for 1 more to add to Veers, DT, ShT, and Snow. You could add Vader, but you'd want to make him the leader or you could add Stormtrooper or Magmatrooper and make Veers lead. So here's what the potential lineups might be:
    • Veers (L), Snow, ShT, DT, Storm
    • Veers (L), Snow, ShT, DT, Magma
    • Veers (L), Snow, Storm, DT, Magma
    • Vader (L), Snow, ShT, Veers, DT
    • Vader (L), Veers, Snow, Magma, DT - No taunt, you'd have to rely on Magma not being dazed/Shocked right away.
    • Vader (L), Veers, TFP, DT, Stormtrooper
    Main problem is that I really feel like I need 1 more slot to get the most out of them, but then they might lack high burst damage.
  • SkyeLeonne
    252 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    What is the rest of the squad? Are you talking about Storm, Snow, Death, Shore, with either leader? Or perhaps Mags, Snow, Death, Shore? These things make a difference as well.

But for me, I'd find more pleasure in letting Vader command a squad of troopers than I would Veers. Just for the visual if nothing else.

Thanks all for the inputs, seems like the majority voted for Vader...I'm kinda leaning towards Vader as well for the visual of him leading the troopers. but I wonder if his TMR is really that useful if compared to extra speed and TM on buff (Veers)? I've never seen DOT as that useful, and in this team only Vader do DOT?
    Do they have good synergy with Vader lead?
    Also, The rest of my troopers are Storm, Snow, and Magma....I'm not really keen on farming for Shore, and Deathtrooper seems under-optimised without Krennic around.
    Thoughts?
  • Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »

Thanks all for the inputs, seems like the majority voted for Vader...I'm kinda leaning towards Vader as well for the visual of him leading the troopers. but I wonder if his TMR is really that useful if compared to extra speed and TM on buff (Veers)? I've never seen DOT as that useful, and in this team only Vader do DOT?
    Do they have good synergy with Vader lead?
    Also, The rest of my troopers are Storm, Snow, and Magma....I'm not really keen on farming for Shore, and Deathtrooper seems under-optimised without Krennic around.
    Thoughts?

hmm... youve a very good topic running here...

personally & professionally, i would go zader in lead, but, to be supported only by storm & magma troopers. both of them would benefit greatly from the 30% offense, tmr & dot - taunting storm does more tmr when hit while the double attacking magma doubles up more tmr. 30% offense, well, you know how good that is already. dot, on the other hand, is useful w/ zader making it continuous while he lives, softening other targets. ive seen & had opponents & toons of mine die slowly die like flies due to dot. 3 dot is just annoying, but, once it stacks up to more, it becomes a threat. hit w/ a culling blade, makes it worst than ever, especially, when a kill is scored.

in reference to snow & death troopers, yes, theyre best utilized for krennic squads since they both rely on crits. krennics good for these kind of tricks + a variety of debuffs on the side.

shore trooper is as good as it gets on its own & almost every squad you can squeeze him in.

basing on veers new abilities, hes more on outright fast massive damage & tanking troopers - properly bumped up w/ other troopers, he is a threat, but, he is not like vader or krennic who both require a bit more of tactical finesse to run & win battles.

that being said, still up to you on how you build your concept squad. either way, make sure to have fun.

:wink:
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Deathtrooper seems under-optimised without Krennic around.
    Thoughts?

A guild mate of mine is in love with Death Trooper. He stays on top of his arena with him. Not only does he not need Krennic, he doesn't even run him with other Empire toons.

Death Trooper is a fantastic near top tier stand alone toon that doesn't need anyone to be optimal. That said, I'd love to see his damage with the boost to CC/CD from Snowtrooper, and Veer's uniques.
  • Tenebris_Fidem
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Deathtrooper seems under-optimised without Krennic around.
    Thoughts?

A guild mate of mine is in love with Death Trooper. He stays on top of his arena with him. Not only does he not need Krennic, he doesn't even run him with other Empire toons.

Death Trooper is a fantastic near top tier stand alone toon that doesn't need anyone to be optimal. That said, I'd love to see his damage with the boost to CC/CD from Snowtrooper, and Veer's uniques.

true, death trooper is able to go stand alone - ive fought one in the arena too & almost lost. tanky & quite the damager - its just that he can be maximized further w/ krennic on deck too. its like you have a modified b2 battledroid on hand w/ those 2 together. i have one too (under development), but, had to be placed on hold coz sith trooper came out farmable already.

how was his trooper set up?

:smile:
  • Options
    I really hope I'm wrong but i'm with Ztyle on this. I can't see troopers beating even the old Wiggando let alone beating zQGJ, Zaul or Rex+ Chaze. Maybe my disappointment after the update makes me severely underestimate them,and like I said I really hope that is the case, but i got the same feeling when Krennic were added and even though they had a better kit against rebels than the troopers, they still weren't a match for the R1 rebels, and later for Zaul. Acc to Swgoh.gg about 1% of top 100 ranking players use DT and less than 1% use Krennic (87 from 31k players, so 0.28%), and still I think there will be even less players using troopers.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am not sure the troopers will work out but I will say that DT is an amazing standalone character on my rex team. He brings so much to the table. That said, I think something like Veers, DT, SHore, GK and DN may actually be viable in arena against some teams. I know I will try it out. Lots of good things happen there. DN is kinda the odd man out but he is so good he can fit anywhere. 10% TM whenever they gain a buff means GK is a godsend for them. Crit immunity, Retribution, random foresights. Good stuff.
    Heck, maybe even r2 could work in that team in place of DN

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    We haven't seen the final stats on the new troopers but based on what we know today; I don't think Veers is the ideal leader there. His leader is not as good as Vader's and his unique is based on that squad actually killing somebody. None of the Troopers do meaningful damage and then his group attack has a 40% damage penalty, they won't even remove the protection bar from a Chirrut I bet, maybe with DT doing a double-tap but that's it. I've seen the same situation with a Cody group attack in arena, doesn't hurt much and Cody and Sarge's basics out-damage any of the Trooper's basic damage.

The Trooper's uniques work without Veers, so I don't know that he adds a ton of value. Sure IF you manage to land a kill with Veers, then the team can "snowball" basically, but that's a big IF IMO. Maul meta shuts Veers down completely, Wiggs 3.0 will be faster and more powerful with R2 in the mix and who knows what else we'll see. Forget a DN lead squad, you'll never kill them with a Veers squad.

Vader gives 50% offense bonus and TMR. Vader is also quite beefy and so are MT and DT so they can take some damage. The question to me is, who is the 5th?I think the squad looks something like,

- Vader lead, MT, DT, TFP (yes I know he's not a trooper), Kenobi (need a cleanse and the retribution and squad attack could be useful). If you don't have GK then you're probably stuck with Shoretrooper here.

• Options
    Great topic... I am most interested in who will work better in HAAT, especially p3 where there aren't any teams that can do 25% or greater in a single run. All other phases have those squads, so maybe zVeerderz will get us there. Vader (L), Veers, Shore, DT, and Snow?
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    You are all taking the wrong direction with this team. Think outside the box.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

meaning......?
  • Options

meaning......?

Ewoks, clearly. Can we have a team reminiscent of RotJ, with ewoks wreaking havoc while sitting on trooper shoulders?
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options

Vadeers team ;)

We will see

Be careful not to choke on your aspirations...
  • Options
    Personally I think about a zVader, Death Trooper, Shoretrooper, Snowtrooper, TFP combo. How does it sound?
  • Jizzaouse
    128 posts Member
    Options
    What about Krennic Lead, Veers, Shore, Death, Snow
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jizzaouse wrote: »
    What about Krennic Lead, Veers, Shore, Death, Snow

Personally I would drop Snow in favor of TFP to try and ability block somebody and spread some buff immunities that DT can then follow-up with an AOE grenade to ability block everybody that's debuffed and get rid of any taunts, so then Krennic can follow-up with his AOE. I'd probably run MT over Veers in that situation. Krennic is kind of questionable but perhaps is better with this Trooper update, maybe...
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

Vadeers team ;)

We will see

Be careful not to choke on your aspirations...

I'm top 5 arena since January 2016 on s November 2015 shard. And i'm mostly ftp. Don't worry for me
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

meaning......?

I am curious too. This guy is clearly a squad genius.