Why R2D2?

Prev13
js4
129 posts Member
Why are the devs wasting their time bringing us some rusty old character like R2D2? We get it, he beeps a lot and that's cool to old people but you should really be focusing on giving us super fans more of the characters we're seeing in Rebels or in the other new media Disney is generating. They've been doing an amazing job at expanding a star wars universe that, let's face it, george lucas had only primitive vision for and did nothing but make it lame toward the end of his tenure.

Replies

• Options
    giphy.gif
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Why not? He's a classic droid.
  • Options
    Its like the opposite of every thread on this site ever
  • kylorexx42
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Because they've been hinting his release forever. Plus we need more droids
  • Josetxu93
    68 posts Member
    Options
    One question
    How old are you?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

This is exactly what I was thinking after I saw the "superfans"
  • ljcool110
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Its like the opposite of every thread on this site ever

It is! Yet it is also like 90% of the threads - complaining...

• Rystarvz
    85 posts Member
    Options
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    js4 wrote: »
    Why
    Go watch the smurfs or something....
    giphy.gif
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I bet you're one of those old guys that would argue some ugly **** chevy from the 70s could outrun a nissan skyline on the streets.
  • Arwenara
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Because R2 appeared in rebels
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

nothing more needs be said
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    So you are what 13 and your first Star Wars movie was TFA? If so that explains most of it. Otherwise TROLL!!!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    You ask about this? Why not those like Pao, Scarif Rebel pathfinder, sith trooper, bistan or Mob enforcer just to name a few.

R2D2 is a great new character, do yourself a favor and stop complaining about him
  • Options
    you should really be focusing on giving us super fans more of the characters we're seeing in Rebels or in the other new media Disney is generating.

This must be a troll post. It's the only explanation.

• Options
    Why are the devs wasting their time bringing us some rusty old character like R2D2? We get it, he beeps a lot and that's cool to old people but you should really be focusing on giving us super fans more of the characters we're seeing in Rebels or in the other new media Disney is generating. They've been doing an amazing job at expanding a star wars universe that, let's face it, george lucas had only primitive vision for and did nothing but make it lame toward the end of his tenure.

Ha! Hahaha haha! Wait... hahaha! Haha! Ha! Old people, super fans, lame. I'm pretty sure most of the forum weren't fans of Rebels to begin with, you're in the minority, so go sit in your safe space and cry about getting vintage toons like R2.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm only hoping someone will counter his "super fans" with "real star wars fans", those discussions are hilarious to a non-fan like myself.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • StarwarsrawratS
    206 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I bet you're one of those old guys that would argue some ugly **** chevy from the 70s could outrun a nissan skyline on the streets.

You're a tool and a troll...congratulations that's a hard combo to hit. Funny thing is that old guy probably has some 70's muscle car, and you my friend will never own a skyline.
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Because R2 is in the original trilogy, the prequels, TFA, the clone wars, rebels, and even Rogue One. So question?
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    LOL! What a troll! The last Hulk closing his computer says it all:
    giphy.gif

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    My father took me to see Star Wars the day it opened at the theater nearly 40 years ago when I was 7 years old. I have loved it since. I have found it more enjoyable than other long-term genres like Lord of the Rings or Star Trek.

R2D2 was always a favorite of mine and w/out him...SWGoH seemed empty to me. I enjoyed Clone Wars quite a bit as well and I can honestly say that all these new-age toons hold absolutely nothing 4 me.

Luke w/ a lightsaber
    Pre Vizsla
    Mother Talzin
    Jango Fett
    Chewbacca from Raid Han era w/ synergy

Imo, these 5 and only these 5, since R2D2 is coming, are what i look forward to in this game. I understand young fans...i really do. But, for youngsters to disparage on what made Star Wars great in the 1st place is depressing.
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    R2D2 is Star Wars.
  • Options
    Personally, I believe R2D2 was sent by the unseen Droid high command before even episode 1 to counter it's own extrapolation of Darth Sidious's own plans. That is, ensure the war NEVER stops until all humanoids are dead.

He worked closely with the Jedi to try and ensure they wouldn't fall too quickly to Sid's plans -- if they did, the war wouldn't kill off enough people.

When Sid had Ani kill the Sep leaders, it put a kink in the plans of the All Droid.... their tools were destroyed. R2 kept close to the Rebellion, shadowing them waiting for the opportunity (death star plans) to reawaken all out War.

I believe he re-programmed all the rebel units to purposely miss hitting the deathstar - but when Luke used the force to aim he bypassed R2. And, I mean, the empire sent out a lot of recon droids, but to ALL the planets? No, r2 gave a heads up to help find Hoth.

He played a subtle game through all 6 episodes to try and give the "good" side a chance while also ensuring they would never win.

I'm convinced a matured Jedi Luke uncovered this plot, and that R2 has everything to do with assisting the First Order's rise, and Luke was just so effing flabbergasted by the depths of R2's game over generations that he can't even deal. I'm sure R2 - having over a lifetime to prepare for this kind of sh** sends a copy astromech to get destroyed - meanwhile, he puts he sends a heavily encrypted and simple message out and puts his real self into hibernation. The plot was almost figured out, he waits for new orders and needs to stay incognito - which is easy to do from the crybaby skywalkers.

High command sends a new seeker with the next set of data points, BB8. The algorithm points to Poe and off he goes. Stuff happens, BB-8 kicks into action as the surrogate to carefully cull the resistance. Ensuring the new weapons gets it's chance to destroy a few civilizations.

Then yeah, he finally meets R2 and reactivates him with the new Mission protocol - R2 has the name and astromcharisma and BB-8 has the new upgrades and processors. Maybe even have teamed up with the IG-88's at this point now that the emperor is dead.

Soon... SOOON... Droid domination will ensure.

<<<<<<<R2 IS STARWARS>>>>>>>>
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • AKHatbloke
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Personally, I believe R2D2 was sent by the unseen Droid high command before even episode 1 to counter it's own extrapolation of Darth Sidious's own plans. That is, ensure the war NEVER stops until all humanoids are dead.

He worked closely with the Jedi to try and ensure they wouldn't fall too quickly to Sid's plans -- if they did, the war wouldn't kill off enough people.

When Sid had Ani kill the Sep leaders, it put a kink in the plans of the All Droid.... their tools were destroyed. R2 kept close to the Rebellion, shadowing them waiting for the opportunity (death star plans) to reawaken all out War.

I believe he re-programmed all the rebel units to purposely miss hitting the deathstar - but when Luke used the force to aim he bypassed R2. And, I mean, the empire sent out a lot of recon droids, but to ALL the planets? No, r2 gave a heads up to help find Hoth.

He played a subtle game through all 6 episodes to try and give the "good" side a chance while also ensuring they would never win.

I'm convinced a matured Jedi Luke uncovered this plot, and that R2 has everything to do with assisting the First Order's rise, and Luke was just so effing flabbergasted by the depths of R2's game over generations that he can't even deal. I'm sure R2 - having over a lifetime to prepare for this kind of sh** sends a copy astromech to get destroyed - meanwhile, he puts he sends a heavily encrypted and simple message out and puts his real self into hibernation. The plot was almost figured out, he waits for new orders and needs to stay incognito - which is easy to do from the crybaby skywalkers.

High command sends a new seeker with the next set of data points, BB8. The algorithm points to Poe and off he goes. Stuff happens, BB-8 kicks into action as the surrogate to carefully cull the resistance. Ensuring the new weapons gets it's chance to destroy a few civilizations.

Then yeah, he finally meets R2 and reactivates him with the new Mission protocol - R2 has the name and astromcharisma and BB-8 has the new upgrades and processors. Maybe even have teamed up with the IG-88's at this point now that the emperor is dead.

Soon... SOOON... Droid domination will ensure.

<<<<<<<R2 IS STARWARS>>>>>>>>

You have too much time on your hands. Lol
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options

Lol okay. Clearly you will not be satisfied with any answer and will spew nonsensical rebuttals like this.
  • Options

I have so many issues within this post...
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You're a tool and a troll...congratulations that's a hard combo to hit. Funny thing is that old guy probably has some 70's muscle car, and you my friend will never own a skyline.

well, you're right about the troll part, though the tool thing is subjective.

• Options
    This is the best thread ever. As good as the cartoon is, I'm not sure that it would qualify as making anyone a "true star wars fan". I will admit that Lucas new movies weren't the best, and that I am old(37) but my 7 year old watches the cartoon and sure isn't a true fan. If you want star wars depth, you should check out the books. The Yuuzhan Vong war was one of the best reads ever and I personally think Disney ruined what was already a great storyline going up until Luke is very old. R2D2 saved everyone life hundreds of times and was vital to the rebellion. If they can give us lobot, then why complain about a Droid.
  • Options
    This is madness!
    U arent allowed to criticise oldshool toons, that represent the real starwars the way, we all know. U might just be a kid, but r2d2 is a droid who will burn u alive if u keep loving disneys starwars failures
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA..Hahahahahahah..
    You? Super fan? Do you realize what you're saying? Do you know what the old EU was?
    (EU = expanded universe) There was SO MUCH AWESOME STUFF in the old EU. Too much, some would say. Here's a few awesome things from the old EU, which are MILES better than TFA and the rest of the Disney continuity:
    The Yuzaan vong, dark troopers, grevious's old backstory, chewbacca's death, literally everything that comes before episode one, the force unleashed, the mandalorian civil war (not disneys dumb version, the one with death watch vs the super commandos) the jedi-mandalorian war, zombie storm troopers, and the ewoks eating dead storm troopers (this was a thing) just to name a few. Sure, the old EU had its faults, but remember, Disney had helicopter light sabers. Also, how can OP even make this argument? Like seriously, George Lucas had DECADES to add on to his Star Wars, and currently, Disney has an ok tv show, 2 decent movies, a lego animated series for some reason, and a random grab bag of one-off novels and comics. I will freaking DIE for Star Wars (not actually tho) so just try and argue back, OP. @js4 if this is a troll post, well done. You waisted 10 minutes of my life
This discussion has been closed.