First Order vs Empire?

Has anybody ever compared or built a team of first order? Never encountered a full squad but they seem they would be quiet a foe minus a healer. Any thoughts on which of the two would be a better investment?

Replies

• Alrikster
    173 posts Member
    Options
    The specific matchup fo vs empire i feel is in fo's favour.
  • Options
    FO is a hard farm due to FOTP and FOST being only farmable on 2x hard nodes. Offensively they destroy with the Phasma zeta. Four of the toons have zetas so to truly max them will take time. The AI doesn't do as well on defense, though.

Empire is good because of the diversity. Tons of toons, 2x Sith, many are easy to farm. Vader is good in the pit and arena. Palp is good in GW, AAT, and arena. TFP is good in all areas. ShT is a great tank. Many events require them.

That being said, I'm working on my FO team now. I expect they will get more toons as episode 8 is in theaters. You can't go wrong with them if you do level them up.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I think FO is a great team build. But like already stated...2 toons are hard node farms only. So it takes forever.
  • Options
    Thanks for opinions. Agree with all. Hard to farm for now. Perhaps I'll keep leveling them up when I have extra bots and time and see where they go!
  • TonyVisor
    211 posts Member
    Options
    FO is had to farm, but worth it. They are versatile, doing well in AAT and arena and not horrible in Rancor. GW they can knock out the nodes as well. As others said, hard grind, and 4 zetas is tough, but worth it in the end.
  • Copes
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, both will be worth your time. They play different. Choose which one you would enjoy more. Just be aware, as has been stated, that First Order is a tough farm. I started farming FO the start of March. Kylo, Phasma, and First Order Officer aren't too bad and I have them all to 7* G( (I'm level 78 so haven't had a chance to level anyone to G10 yet, although I'm almost ready on Kylo). FOST and FOTP are a lot harder. FOST is just shy of 5* right now, and FOTP will likely hit 4* the end of the week.

With that in mind, I expect another two months or so, if not more, to 7* those last two characters. I can gear them faster then I can collect their shards. Plan for a four month daily grind for your last to FO members. Are they worth it? Definitely. I'm having tons of fun with the team and at level 78 I am maintaining Top 50 in Arena with the 3 7* characters + STH and Palp. However, I think I could be close to a full 7* team of Empire right now if I had gone for them instead.

I have no regrets because I like First Order and their playstyle more. But I reconize I probably could have accomplished a lot more of I had gone with a different squad. The good news is that a lot of people don't grind out FO because of the length of time, so I'll be unique on my shard, have a powerful team with 4 zetas (eventually), and be able to use them for GW, Offense Mods, and a number of raid phases. I'm pumped to solo HAAT Ph. 1 with just Kylo!
  • TonyVisor
    211 posts Member
    Options
    I think for FOST and FOTP, buying a refresh on their nodes is worth the gems as well. Made a nice difference with my FOST, definitely.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    Run full FO team in arena. All maxed gear, good mods. Fully zetad except for FOST (9 to go).

ZQGJ/Zarriss/Zoda/JKA/GK? = Piece of cake.

Rex/GK/Chaze/DN? (Current meta) = piece of cake.

Zaul lead sith teams? - complete RNG dice roll. Extremely frustrating when 'dodge' appears, rather than a fat 40K crit from FOTPs special....

As for defense, they don't hold at all - needs too much human thinking to use the right abilities.

HAAT? - phase 2 I'm averaging 1.8 - 2.5 million without FOST zeta, obviously a zeta kylo ren can do P1 by himself with retreats etc.

I love the squad, and as zaul phases out for more Rex/Zqgj leads arena life will get more fun :)
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Just a bit of a thought, but you may focus on FOTP ahead of FOST. FOTP has a ship and is a damage dealer. FOST is a tank, and gear should be more important than stars. Get his gear up high, and he can probably get starred up later. 5* to unlock offense challenge.
  • Options
    Very interesting feedback everyone. I've continued anyway with FO team. I enjoy the challenge and I have nothing but time. I will go as far as I can and see if episode 8 releases any new characters. Sometimes the hardest characters bring the best rewards! Cheers