Farming Priorities

Kaytub
6 posts Member
I'm currently wondering on when it would be a good idea to stop farming characters in certain shipments and start farming shard shop currency for raid gear. Most of the remaining characters I haven't farmed yet I believe are a waste of time and resources so I'll tell you guys who I have left and you guys can decide who I should and should not skip.

TOONS I HAVEN'T FARMED YET

Arena:
-Ugnaught
-Greedo
-Coruscant Underworld Police
-Eeth Koth
-Nute Gunray

Galactic War:
-Bodhi Rook
-K2SO
-Nightsister Initiate
-Tusken Raider
-Magmatrooper (considering for Zader team)

Cantina:
- Bistan (I'll farm him eventually)
- Jedi Knight Guardian
- Mob Enforcer
- Stormtrooper
- Poe Dameron (I'll get him up for speed mods)

Guild:

(These I want to farm gear pieces directly not shard shop currency)

- Resistance Trooper
- Snowtrooper
- Luke
- Tusken Shaman
- Zam Wessel
- Cody
- Echo
- Rex (next on my list to farm)

Replies

• Joost
    233 posts Member
    Options
    I think rex and cody are worth it also k2so and bistan ate allright for a fleed
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    In arena, 3 of those are situational:

Greedo's great in a Boba led BH team.
    Ugnaught and Eeth Koth are decent in phase 1 & 3 of the AAT.

The others are completely worthless.

In Galactic War:

K2S0 is great under a Jyn, Wedge, HK, or Chewie lead, but pretty junk otherwise unless paired with Cassian or used for his ship.
    Magmatrooper should be quite nice when his update hits
    Tusken Raider has good tm removal and is good when used in those comps
    Bodhi Rook is a decent support for Rebels, but not all that good.

Nighsister Iniitate can go take a flying leap lol

In Cantina:

Poe's very nice, good ship, Resistance team is needed for speed mods, and great on the HAAT.
    Bistan is good. Decent ship, Frenzy can have him do massive damage in starting zerg.
    Stormtrooper looks a lot more viable after his rework too.

Screw ME and JKG

In guild:

I wouldn't farm Luke or Snowtrooper out of there since they can be gotten from Cantina, but the rest are all very useful in the right comps.

That's about the order I would put them in without knowing your roster.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The only characters that you will use later in the game (that you listed) at the moment are Rex (Arena), Cody (Clone Raid team), Echo (Clone Raid Team), Tusken Shaman (Under Zader, P2 AAT), and Poe (for speed mods).

I'd suggest farming those characters, then after you have a surplus of at least 5k in each currency (just in case something is released in the future), farm anyone for whatever reason you'd like. It doesn't really matter.

Listening to the poster above is not a good idea. He's playing at an elementary level.
    Post edited by Austin09370 on
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Arena: Nute (because he'll most likely get his own Capital Ship in Fleet Arena).
    GW: Since you're considering a Zader team then Magmatrooper, then I'd go for K-2SO. I don't think he's trash as some make him out to be. He's very useful.
    Catina: Poe (because of Resistance Team/Fleet) and then Bistan.
    Guild store: definitely Rex first, then I'd say probably the other Clones for tank raid P4, then Shaman for your Zader tank raid P2 team.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The only characters that you will use later in the game (that you listed) at the moment are Rex (Arena), Cody (Clone Raid team), Echo (Clone Raid Team), Tusken Shaman (Under Zader, P2 AAT), and Poe (for speed mods).

I'd suggest farming those characters, then after you have a surplus of at least 5k in each currency (just in case something is released in the future), farm anyone for whatever reason you'd like. It doesn't really matter.

Listening to the poster above is not a good idea. He's playing at an elementary level.

Making Judgement calls out of your butt is not a good idea either. I listed the only potentially useful toons out of the ones listed, and why they were potentially useful. Did I say to farm any of them? NO.

Ergo: Your statement is without merit.

If you want to make an enemy go ahead and make another arrogant incorrect comment about me for no good reason.

• Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Options
    If you have Cassian, then k2s0 would be very very useful to have. The two give each other extra attacks and Cassian buffs him up really well..
    Farm bistan if you use his u wing ship with scarif rebel.
    Snow trooper and the clones in guild would be useful in the long run.
  • Options
    Bodhi Rook, K2SO, Magmatrooper, Bistan, Stormtrooper, Poe, Res Trooper, Snowtrooper, Tusken Shaman, Cody, Echo and Rex are worth farming for various reasons.

Rex, obviously, is the best of the bunch. Bistan is a good bet as well.
  • Options
    Can't recommend Cody and Echo enough. Zeta Cody, run him with Echo, Fives, Clone Sergeant, and Jawa Scavenger on HAAT P2 or take out JS and put in Leia in HAAT P4 and have a blast. Current damage champ in the HAAT, although, that could certainly change with the glut of new toons available.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you just be semi new to the game. I have pretty much every character in shipments done except cantina because I'm not going to bother wasting that current on JKG or ME, or CUP in arena. Lol. Instead I have about 30-40k of each currency banked up now. If I were you, I'd at least come to us to farm any faction you don't have a full 5 of, like nightsisters. They might rise someday, and you'll want to have them ready to go to 7* when they do. Greedo and nute you should get too. Greedo for a bounty hunter team and nute for fleet commander as he is likely to get that title.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you can gear all of them, I would just hoard the resources or take credit from arena.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely farm magmatrooper hes amazing with a Zader lead.

I'm in the same boat as you though (I don't see any of those characters as worth it) so my strategy is to wait for a fresh roster to GW, Arena & Cantina Stores. I've only seen it happen 2 or 3 times since this game first came out though...

However I would farm characters for challenges i.e.: poe for speed mods, greedy for credit heist etc...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Unless you can gear all of them, I would just hoard the resources or take credit from arena.

this is what i do aswell. I've got a few characters on the "gear waitlist", so if or when i do decide i'm going to farm a character from a store, i probably still get the 330 shards faster than the necessary gear to max them.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It depends on the urgency of your gear needs, but once you plateau at an Arena rank you are comfortable with, I tend to farm shards over gear. My #1 priority is finish top 2 in Arena. My #2 priority is finish top 2 in ships. My #3 priority is collect shards to get everyone to 7*. Many of the toons you listed are situationally useful, as others have noted, But shards are often the slowest thing to farm. If you have shards for toons ready to go, you will be more prepared than most for new events and Arena meta shifts. If you use all of your energy, are in a good 600/day guild, and finish top in Arena, the gear does come, albeit slowly.
  • Options
    Convert it all into the shard shop to get DN, SA, SiT?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Well i suggest bringing them all to 5* atleast. Cuz the day will come, u need them and then u say.. Lucky me, i was so dumb and now i have a huge advantage in the upcomming r2 event, cuz i have 5 bad 5* empire toons but ill be able to unlock him.. F.e... So go and farm the useless toons. Cuz the day u start farming gera, u wont stop with that untill u cant finish some events. I swear, the day will come u will shine. But on your list.. Poe, rex, clones and empire in gerneral also 5x 5* nightsisters, cuz mother talzin will come sooner or later.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

h a Listening to the poster above is not a good idea. He's playing at an elementary level.

Making Judgement calls out of your butt is not a good idea either. I listed the only potentially useful toons out of the ones listed, and why they were potentially useful. Did I say to farm any of them? NO.

If you want to make an enemy go ahead and make another arrogant incorrect comment about me for no good reason.

Such a temper. Perhaps you can go back o your post convincing people you're a whale.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

h a Listening to the poster above is not a good idea. He's playing at an elementary level.

Such a temper. Perhaps you can go back o your post convincing people you're a whale.
    Perhaps you can quit being a ****... but probably not.

I have the memory of an elephant, and I never let go of grudges. You sure you want me as an enemy?

To correct your faulty memory: It wasn't my post and I never once tried to convince anybody of anything in that thread. They all tried to convince me I wasn't which only showed their inability to perform simple calculations.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I have the memory of an elephant, and I never let go of grudges. You sure you want me as an enemy?

just out of curiousity, what would having you as an enemy on a online forum look like?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

just out of curiousity, what would having you as an enemy on a online forum look like?
    Probably me following them around and countering every post they made. Someone wants to mess with me I'll give them a taste of their own medicine but show them how it's really done.

• Options
    This isn't a war game. How can you have enemies on a forum? Hahaha. Just ignore him and move on.
  • Options

To correct your faulty memory: It wasn't my post and I never once tried to convince anybody of anything in that thread. They all tried to convince me I wasn't which only showed their inability to perform simple calculations.

Lol, it doesn't take much to get you going. For everyone else's sake, let's not derail this post.

For future reference, perhaps you should have prefaced your original post along the lines of if you're going to farm these characters this is the only use for them. They won't help you overall because there are much better alternatives. Then I could have agreed with you other then call you out for being misleading.

Moving on..
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    This isn't a war game. How can you have enemies on a forum? Hahaha. Just ignore him and move on.

Some people can do that. I am not one of them. If someone picks a fight with me of any sort, I WILL be the one to finish it... even if it kills me.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Probably me following them around and countering every post they made. Someone wants to mess with me I'll give them a taste of their own medicine but show them how it's really done.

o man, i hope you make lots of enemies. Should be entertaining to see you try to counter every post. Come on @Austin09370, make him your enemy =D
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

o man, i hope you make lots of enemies. Should be entertaining to see you try to counter every post. Come on @Austin09370, make him your enemy =D

haha, be careful @leef or you may make his list too! I only need to post his swgoh.gg acount to show that his roster is limited so his advice is not actually his experience, but based purely on conjecture...

PS, don't make me do it!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    At the moment im farming shards for the shard shop.
    I want Darth Nihilus to at least 5* before he leaves there, and I bet those phoenix toons are sneaking around the corner :#
  • Weltall
    98 posts Member
    Options
    @OP
    Woodroward pretty much summed up which chars are good, in particular take note of the word "situational" and research what team combinations they might fit into.
    Regardless of anyone's opinion on the forum, you have free will and choice what kind of teams you want to build, even if they defy all logic and ongoing flavour-of-the-month-pvp-team compositions.

I think you are never utterly wrong with choosing 1-2 factions and getting chars for those, picking a 3rd might strain resources too much. The game seems to go into the direction of promoting/buffing character synergies within the appropriate factions since R-1 chars (maybe earlier?).

Crew Members:
    Always keep chars on the horizon who have a ship, many peeps forget about that char perk when choosing what to farm. Nute Gunray as fleet member is only a rumor on the forums, nothing has been said by the devs about either him or General Grievous regarding ships (although i believe GG will get a ship eventually because his shards are in fleet shop and not removed from shard shop either).

Clone Troopers:
    On a note, do not be auto-declining the idea of farming all clone troopers. I have them all together and while they aren't ready for arena (and might not hold rank either, but it depends on the competition, again...), i can confirm that they are A LOT of fun to play with in the AAT (we do normal still but their team synergy is awesome), GWar and Rancor aswell - i have a semi-functional Teebo TMR team with Rex in it, but sometimes i manage to pull him out before **** hits the fan and re-use him with his other 4 Clone buddies.

I play on an elementary level and proud of my contribution to this thread ! :blush: