Kylo under DN lead?

EZKill
112 posts Member
edited May 2017
What do you guys think about Kylo under DN lead?

A little background first. My shards top 50 (no zetas yet) split is about 40% DN and 40% Wiggs, many with Chaze also. Right now I run DN, Vader, Dooku, SiTrooper and Boba (against Reb squads) or Sid (against other DN squads) which does pretty well but on defense I can still suffer from 10-15 spot overnight drops from time to time.

After the upcoming Demise event, my EP will have at least 6 stars so I'm thinking about replacing Vader (too slow and easily shut down by drain/ability block/etc) and Boba/Sid with EP and Kylo.

Kylo seems to provide a lot of utility and his potential stun can work in conjunction with EP and Dooku's. His healing immunity debuff will also work nicely against other DN led squads, assuming the RNG doesn't screw me over. I'll have him at Gear 9 within the week so survivability shouldn't be an issue either despite the lack of big health steal.

Only problem I can foresee is that as long as SiT is around to soak up damage, Kylo will only get hit by AoEs thus limiting the chances of resetting his CD and gaining buffs.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by EZKill on

Replies

• Ninjakay
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Not without zeta (Zylo), the leadership bonus is wasted on kylo and the synergy with the sith is to good. Use Savage if you need a tankier sith. Dooku and trooper are must haves and you can go sid or palp for aoe debuff. Lot of options with the sith. You have to figure your osn way but i doubt kylo will improve your team
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo is a bad choice for D, but godly on offense
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My SO still needs a lot of work (level 50 something and Gear VI). As does my Sith Assassin. Maybe I'll just leave Boba in then. Oh well.
  • Options
    Kylo works fine. Especially zeta'd. I ran him without and with zeta in a DN squad. He is one of the best plug and plays and he is relatively easy to gear. Modding gets a bit more complicated.

DN, ep, dooku, and zylo I ran since dn was introduced. The 5th has changed a few times. I can't tell you how many times I won because of dooku and/or zylo. I highly recommend dooku and trooper under DN lead. I only recently retired zylo from my arena in favor of assassin as she is finally almost g11. And I paid out #1 several times in a zaul heavy old shard.

DN, trooper, dooku​, assassin, and EP are what I run now.
  • Rsaetan
    36 posts Member
    Options
    DN, Sith trooper, Dooku, SA.
    Last spot I have tried both Vader and Palp. I find I do not drop as far with Vader in for defense. SA and ST and Dooku are required imo.

What speed do you guys have on DN and Palp?

It does seem like I get picked on a lot with DN lead, more people target me and thus more chances to drop.

In my guild there are Zaul teams and rebels teams that will hunt for DN lead teams a they are easy pickings.

On offense I can be about anything though.

I am on a older shard with a lot of Zaul and rex.

I went to Zader (L) sthan, SA, Palp and DN and I hardly move over night. No one picks on this team even though my power is not outstanding. Offense can be hard to get rolling with this team though.
  • Options
    I have to disagree here. Nihilus' health steal will negate Kylo's outrage, especially if he's zeta'd. Filling his protection with a huge crit under 100% health is awesome because he's protected but still has his damage bonus. If he has all that life steal his bonus will only last for one hit.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    I have to disagree here. Nihilus' health steal will negate Kylo's outrage, especially if he's zeta'd. Filling his protection with a huge crit under 100% health is awesome because he's protected but still has his damage bonus. If he has all that life steal his bonus will only last for one hit.

Kylo is not a sith.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »

Kylo is not a sith.

Exactly y'all.

Zylo is the way to go and plugs into almost any team, Even DN!

Edit: prehaps users didn't quite catch onto that lol their argument is prefect for a Zdooku under DN as his zeta is truly wasted then.
  • Options
    Xetal wrote: »

Kylo is not a sith.
    Oh right. Forgot it was sith,