Thoughts on SIM tickets.

I'm curious to see what the community's thoughts are, regarding the tickets. Should they be less/more expensive? More/lessaccessible? Given in higher/lowerquantities by dailies? Taken out of the game in general? I dunno.

I'd love to hear everyone's feedback though.

Replies

• Athena
    59 posts Member
    Options
    They aren't needed at all. They were there initially to timegate content as there wasn't much of it to encourage people to play maps to grind for gear/shards thus increasing the time you could/had to spend in game to progress. Now with a much larger content pool and bonus energy throughout the day there is no real need to keep artificially lengthening the time commitment to the game via grinding without sims. There's plenty to do and reasons to log in periodically now that there wasn't before so sim tickets can be gone now and all 3* nodes could be simmed for free.

That said, I feel if they are to remain in game their availability is fine as is. If you are running low/out a 50 crystal refresh every now and then gets you a nice boost
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I was in surplus, now running out again. Buying 10+ energy almost always. I'm pretty annoyed by them. I think at least at some point you should be able to graduate from them. Maybe even at level 85 or something. "Congrats: Sim no longer requires tickets!"
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't been under 4,000 in at least a year. However, I do buy the 50/50 energy refresh, and at least 1 cantina refresh every day. For those who don't, it might be a issue, and if so, I don't see how upping their drop rate will hurt EA.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I buy a minimum of two refreshes everyday. Went from surplus to scraping it. No idea why
  • Options
    Its beacause you started needing lower energy nodes. While farming cantina and mods and hard nodes you gradually build up. But when you need to farm gear or farm lower cantina nodes they go muchquicker than the come in. Then factor in challenges and Ta-Da! No more sim tickets. Personally i think they need to be gone. Too much to do in this game as it is, no reason to time gate people so much.
    Juex777 wrote: »
    I buy a minimum of two refreshes everyday. Went from surplus to scraping it. No idea why

• Options
    Used to have loads, then with no change in how I play I ran out really quickly. Pointless things.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    You should definitely graduate from needing them by level 85 if not sooner.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Athena said it all.

+1
  • CL_Chaos
    67 posts Member
    Options
    I've had over 175 tickets since I hit level 85 I dip below 150 then do the dailies and up I go back to 175 if i buy energy then more tickets I can't burn them fast enough lol
  • Options
    Have 3300 of them, would love to be able to trade in for something or even donate to guildies
  • CL_Chaos
    67 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    Got tons. When you buy 3 refreshes a day and farm high level nodes they build up. Since I'm constantly farming 10 point gear, I never use more than I earn. They can be scarce for midlevel players who farm low cost gear, especially those gear where you need five to make one, two to make one, and two to make one final piece so you end up farming 40 of one thing.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Been playing since launch, I remember a couple times needing to buy them in the beginning . Now I'm sitting on 15,200. I wish I could help out my guild or sell for something else.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that they should not exist. You should be able to "Sim" anything you 3*
  • Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    I was in surplus, now running out again. Buying 10+ energy almost always. I'm pretty annoyed by them. I think at least at some point you should be able to graduate from them. Maybe even at level 85 or something. "Congrats: Sim no longer requires tickets!"

Yes plz
  • Options
    Same story -- new poster. And, with the requisite "I have a bajillion of these Sims" posts. My friends, your consistency is well noted!

I lost count, so for the X+1th time. There's a swath of people who are beyond needing them. It's not even a noticeable mechanic to them... other then to come on here and be able to tout their #, of course.

Then there's other's who are constantly running out. Personally, having mostly given up on refreshes and grinding out gear, I only need to buy sim tickets weekly now. But for those who are trying to gear up new toons, and having to grind through low energy tier nodes to get it -- sim tickets are a slap in the face.

No one has time for this. If you're max level and have 3 starred the node that should be it.

Glad for everyone who enjoys running down their phone battery and watching tv while they auto battle... I'm sure that's great fun for you. nothing changes on the nodes, what's the point of forcing people to replay the same exact battle 24 times just for a poor chance to get some gear?

I've kind of figured out how i can side step the entire thing more or less. Which amounts to me playing even less of what content is available.

Which is all on top of what @Athena said. I mean, I'm kind of concerned that the game is so worried about it's available content that it pushes players bereft of sims to play the same level again and again.... and again.

Maybe, what I REALLY need, is a more complex lego machine for farming nodes without sims. Yeah, then it can go through it for me.... I mean, it'll likely break the phone, but then I figure doing it by hand owuld make me want to break my phone too, so it's the same end result.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly - I hate SIM tickets - I have 3 starred all nodes and have to replay them when gearing up all these new content toons the game has offered and continues to release.

I don't allow myself to fall below 500 SIM tickets, but RNG (for me) at gaining them sucks. So I do have to purchase them, which again sucks - I went through the trouble of 3 starring all these nodes only to be forced to replay them again??

Once you 3 star a node you should never have to use SIM tickets - what's the point?

If they do want to keep SIM tickets in the game at least make options for buying them and change the price. 30 crystals for a low amount of 20 SIM tickets (I think) is absolute robbery. Why not 30 crystals for 100 SIM tickets??

A majority of players have too many SIM tickets to care about - so why not do away with them all together?

They are an issue in this game that is basically obsolete.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm farming like this, if I need an item I don't just take the cheapest energy node, but look if there's another node that contains the item I need and another item that I also need, yes it will take a little more energy to get the first item, but in the long run I've used less energy on farming both items

And I never run out of tickets
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    The only problem I see with them is the crystal price for them. 50 crystals for sims +energy or 30 for only sims...The sims should be 10-20 crystals.
  • Options
    3* should be enough to sim a battle.
    I mean most of you have been playing for a very long time and got a ton of tickets, but I personnally run out of them every time I try to save a few crystals to buy a Furnace. And I know for a fact that a lot of my guild mates with level < 80 run out of sim tickets very regularly.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    Options
    Athena wrote: »
    They aren't needed at all. They were there initially to timegate content as there wasn't much of it to encourage people to play maps to grind for gear/shards thus increasing the time you could/had to spend in game to progress. Now with a much larger content pool and bonus energy throughout the day there is no real need to keep artificially lengthening the time commitment to the game via grinding without sims. There's plenty to do and reasons to log in periodically now that there wasn't before so sim tickets can be gone now and all 3* nodes could be simmed for free.

That said, I feel if they are to remain in game their availability is fine as is. If you are running low/out a 50 crystal refresh every now and then gets you a nice boost

Totally agree with this! They are no longer needed... However, if they want to keep them, you should get an increased drop rate for using a sim ticket... That would make them worth buying, at least, if you're one of those people that is running out.