Ally Points... Any News?

Nutzoids
36 posts Member
Is there any reason I am sitting on 918,665 Ally points right now? Are we going to bring back an event or shopping outlet for this currency?
-Nutzoids
Kill Safe,
-Nutzoids
https://swgoh.gg/u/nutzoids/

Replies

• Options
    No, as they've stated long ago.
  • Brek
    60 posts Member
    Options
    I had a similar amount, painful it was to spend them.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    I simply don't have the patience to spend my 1.2m
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've lowered mine from 1.7x to 1.3xM. In that process I took Sith Trooper to 6*. :D
    Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Clanomadd
    122 posts Member
    Options

Yes, but before tournaments they had already previously stated longer ago that there would be no use for AP. So first there wasn't and use for them, then there was, then they sold them in the shops, now they say no again. It is about time to come full circle, again.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I feel this is one area of the game where the devs really hurt themselves. They had previously announced there was no reason to hoard ally coins. So people spent them. And then the tournaments came out with ally coins as your option to refresh. Now, the devs have again said that there's no reason to save the ally coins. But I don't blame folks who want to hoard them. One, there's history of them becoming important again. And 2, it's incredibly painful to spend large amounts of them. A multi-purchase option similar to the multisim for battles would be greatly appreciated.
  • cisco4u2
    34 posts Member
    Options
    I've lowered mine from 2M to 1.3M. In that process I took Sith Trooper to 6*. :D

Sith Trooper isn't in bronziums....
  • Options
    cisco4u2 wrote: »
    I've lowered mine from 2M to 1.3M. In that process I took Sith Trooper to 6*. :D

Exactly my thoughts...
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • LopoL555
    20 posts Member
    Options

He bought them from the shard shop.
  • Mishkin
    22 posts Member
    Options

But he is in shard shop and you will get a ton of currency for it
  • Options
    LopoL555 wrote: »

Makes sense... :hushed::smiley:
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    Options
    Stop sitting on them. You can easily open over 10k in a minute if you dont fart around with tracking and analyzing each opening. Just tap over the "skip" area. No good reason NOT to get your shard shop currency, particularly if you don't have Nihilus maxed out. On average you get a shard a day from his hard node.
  • Options
    Just cuz devs say there is no plan for them doesn't not mean that won't change. This game is constantly being updated and new content being added.
    evanbio wrote: »
    They had previously announced there was no reason to hoard ally coins. So people spent them. And then the tournaments came out with ally coins as your option to refresh.

Something similar could happen again...
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've lowered mine from 1.7x to 1.3xM. In that process I took Sith Trooper to 6*. :D

Exactly my thoughts...

Mishkin wrote: »

But he is in shard shop and you will get a ton of currency for it

Makes sense... :hushed::smiley:

SMDH!

FWIW, it was lowered from 1.7xM not 2M (had to correct my earlier statement). It allowed me to cash in enough for 75 Sith Trooper shards. Don't always expect that many shards from Bronziums, tho. Sometimes I roll small amounts - that night was good RNG. It took a combined 30 min of my time on/off.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Clanomadd wrote: »

Yes, but before tournaments they had already previously stated longer ago that there would be no use for AP. So first there wasn't and use for them, then there was, then they sold them in the shops, now they say no again. It is about time to come full circle, again.

I know you're not lying about this, because based on that original statement I used up all the ally tokens I was hoarding. So perhaps you're right!
  • Nutzoids
    36 posts Member
    Options
    So like most things in this game, It doesn't matter you do because the game will do whatever the game wants to do. Like how just last night I bought my last Cantina Shard, All Cantina Shop toons I have maxed out... Ohhh how exciting I can farm Shards for the shop... Oh no, an Update is coming out tomorrow adding Peo into Cantina Shop... Thanks Game!!! Let me check before I spend all these Ally points on shards... Hence!
    -Nutzoids
    Kill Safe,
    -Nutzoids
    https://swgoh.gg/u/nutzoids/