Jyn...does she really need to stack potency?

I can stack potency for her, but i like the mods i have on her. She seems to do well with the 10% I have on her. It is really necessary to stack potency even tho her tm reduction ability doesnt have a % to hit?

Replies

• Options
    In short potency will help u through the potency vs tenacity check
  • CryGonJinn
    402 posts Member
    Options
    Staichead wrote: »
    I can stack potency for her, but i like the mods i have on her. She seems to do well with the 10% I have on her. It is really necessary to stack potency even tho her tm reduction ability doesnt have a % to hit?

If you use her as a lead she and rebel allies automatically gain 35%, plus 10% for each critical hit. So no, not necessary to add potency mods. While it does help there stacking of potency mods through critical hits will get her potency to a decent level
  • scuba
    14200 posts Member
    Options
    Her tmr and stun can both be resisted. So until she gets some crit hits for her unique to build up potency you will only have what her lead is giving her, 35% I think, if you have her as lead.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Her tmr and stun can both be resisted. So until she gets some crit hits for her unique to build up potency you will only have what her lead is giving her, 35% I think, if you have her as lead.

This! OP, remember, she stacks her own potency with crit hits based on her Unique ability.

@scuba do you know if that maxes at 100%?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14200 posts Member
    Options

This! OP, remember, she stacks her own potency with crit hits based on her Unique ability.

scuba do you know if that maxes at 100%?

No limit as far as I know.
  • Options

Interesting, but always a 15% chance to resist due to the potency/tenacity drama? In other words, does 300% potency vs base 15% tenacity = same as 100% potency vs base 15% tenacity, or any potency over 100% automatically starts to scale down the base 15% tenacity?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    For having tried different combo recently you might need RNG to be with you in a Jyn (L), Teebo, Wiggs, Bistan team. Having a speed down character would be better for Phase 4 where Rancor is 25% faster and with a higher tenacity.

I would say Teebo (L), Jyn, Royal Guard, Tie Fighter Pilot/QGJ, Bistan/QGJ would be a safer bet
  • scuba
    14200 posts Member
    Options

Interesting, but always a 15% chance to resist due to the potency/tenacity drama? In other words, does 300% potency vs base 15% tenacity = same as 100% potency vs base 15% tenacity, or any potency over 100% automatically starts to scale down the base 15% tenacity?

That is my understanding.
    Someone showed me a datamine of the formula and it is supposedly

Chance to resist = (0,Tenacity-Potency)+15%
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Options
    I run a full RO team.. If you use her as lead no, you don't need potency mods. Her leadership works for her as well. If you run her outside of that (not as lead), I would probably run one set to help until her crits start stacking.
  • Options
    Nope, Im not using her as a lead but I do use TFP in this particular group for his ten down. She steals TM at a high % (80% - 90%) and maybe thats why shes been effective, even against heroic rancor. Ill play around with the potency - thx for the input :)