PSA: CHECK YOUR CRYSTAL COUNT AFTER MISSION ENERGY RECHARGE!

1235Next

Replies

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    @CronozNL
    Tape it, you mean I have to go out find a video camera using video cassette tapes
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • xxgozitaxx
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @CronozNL

I feel like if the people complaining about this bug wanted compensation, they would have been up in arms a long time ago.

I presume many people (including myself) thought this was a visual bug or something and that is why they didn't speak up. Let me explain to you why i thought it was a visual bug.

Sometimes i have to play on really slow mobile 3G, and it lags really badly. If you hit refresh sometimes it takes a few seconds to refresh. During that time you can hit refresh a second time accidentally assuming it didn't go through. Visually it will show you the same refresh cost as the first refresh but it will charge you the cost of the second refresh. It does give you 240 energy and charges for both refreshes properly (i.e. If it lagged on your second refresh you could have ended up purchasing two refreshes for 50+100 when it showed 50+50).

Thus i never actually bothered to give it a second thought when i started seeing my second refresh be at 100 crystals assuming it was a visual bug. I don't know how you can immediately reach the conclusion many of us are lying just to get compensation. I could understand if it was a person or two but this is quite a substantial amount of people reporting this.

Also it should be noted that this is not something that i have noted consistently. It is quite sporadic and i believe has only been showing up the past couple of weeks or so.

@Pindasauskanon

Why are you assuming he meant anything? It's quite clear what he said, he refreshed the first time at 50 crystals then the second time at 100 crystals. This is exactly what we are talking about and exactly how it is not supposed to be. It's supposed to be 50 crystals for the second time as well.

All in all i really hope EA/CG gets to the bottom of this. I do implore all of you who are not facing this issue to stop arguing and commenting on this thread regarding compensation and lying and what not. This is not constructive and helps no one. Let those of us who are facing this issue help EA/CG figure out what is the cause and how to fix it.

On that note, someone on reddit posted a video of this bug occurring. But in a positive way instead of a negative way. He got 50/50/100/100/100/200 refreshes saving him 100 crystals. Video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEd8-ZHmRk&feature=youtu.be.
    There's your video proof :D.
  • Options
    xxgozitaxx wrote: »
    @Pindasauskanon [/b]

Why are you assuming he meant anything? It's quite clear what he said, he refreshed the first time at 50 crystals then the second time at 100 crystals. This is exactly what we are talking about and exactly how it is not supposed to be. It's supposed to be 50 crystals for the second time as well.

He said he refreshed energy then he refreshed a second time for 100 but then he realized he did a refresh earlier that day. So it was the third time. That's how I read it.
    It makes sense as well, it's in line with his first remark "One thing to remember is whether or not you did a refresh earlier in the day (like I just did)".
    So it's not really assuming, just basic reading skills.
  • Options
    He said he refreshed energy then he refreshed a second time for 100 but then he realized he did a refresh earlier that day. So it was the third time. That's how I read it.
    It makes sense as well, it's in line with his first remark "One thing to remember is whether or not you did a refresh earlier in the day (like I just did)".

Alright then let's read:
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    One thing to remember is whether or not you did a refresh earlier in the day (like I just did). I went to refresh a second time and saw it cost 100 instead of the expected 50, but then I remembered that I had done a refresh once about 8 hours earlier in the day.

I don't know what about that is so confusing to you. EA_Jesse went to go do a refresh and he had forgotten he did a single refresh before therefore it was his SECOND refresh. He clearly says he did a refresh ONCE 8 hours ago. Not twice.
  • Options
    @Pindasauskanon [/b]

Wery interesting scenario, he was aware of this issue and he didn't refresh it 2nd time just to check it straight away. Instead of that he was waiting 8hrs our so to check this bug or maybe check if he can forget about the 1st refresh.
  • Options

Alright then let's read:
    One thing to remember is whether or not you did a refresh earlier in the day (like I just did). I went to refresh a second time and saw it cost 100 instead of the expected 50, but then I remembered that I had done a refresh once about 8 hours earlier in the day.

I don't know what about that is so confusing to you. EA_Jesse went to go do a refresh and he had forgotten he did a single refresh before therefore it was his SECOND refresh. He clearly says he did a refresh ONCE 8 hours ago. Not twice.

I don't think we're going to agree on this one.
    He thought he went for a second refresh he expected to see 50 but he saw 100, BUT then he remembered he already did a refresh earlier. It explains the use of the word "but". And it's in line with his first message
    "One thing to remember is whether or not you did a refresh earlier in the day".
    He doesn't confirm the bug anywhere
  • AdamSky
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well in their interest is to fix it as ASAP (it could be already done) to avoid another wave of refund requests.
    @Pindasauskanon not sure why you trying to discredit ppl reporting this issue. How you involved into this if you didn't notice this problem. What's your point to comment here? Are you always in opposition to people reporting bugs? What next? ...will you suggest us collective hallucination?
  • Options
    Here's my experience and some background with this dating back to my original case on Dec 3: i have very limited crystal supply and at nightly refresh (midnight) I sim through my shard quests refreshing 2x and sporadically it will cost 100 on the 2nd request on this I am 100% positive. I opened a case shocker it went no where. Ive given up on these types of issues and just playing the game. Im not keeping track of everything and jumping through the absurd hoops of opening cases anymore or trying to get a thread started. I'm not expecting compensation as I know its not going to come and I usually don't bother with the threads either with all the vitriol. My only purpose was to back up the OP. My personal experience is this happens maybe once a week again sporadically. And no I'm not going to video all of my game play just to prove myself.
  • Options
    To clear up some confusion, yesterday when I did refreshes they went:

50-50-100-100-100-200

The first refresh I had just done 8 hours prior to the others and almost forgot about it.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options

50-50-100-100-100-200

The first refresh I had just done 8 hours prior to the others and almost forgot about it.

It's the same for me. 50-50-100-100-100-200-200-200.
  • xxgozitaxx
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

50-50-100-100-100-200

Thank you for clearing that up. I read your post incorrectly then. However, is that still not bugged? Shouldn't your 5th recharge be 200 crystals, not 100? Some people are seeing this as well, but alot of people are seeing the opposite (second jumping to 100 instead of third).
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @xxgozitaxx
    I'm really starting to worry about people their counting skills :p
    It really always was 50-50-100-100-100-200 for me as well

Edit: Ohw I almost forget what you said is true! If you click refresh very fast (2x) it will still show an old number and not the new one. E.g. with 50 50 to 100. If I press the first 50, then the second + a third time really fast, it says the 3rd cost 50. However once I check, it took 100 crystals off which should be the correct one. There are some visual bugs there.

Also this complaint was on here from the beginning as well. Strikes me as odd that people occasionally, suddenly in the week maybe have to pay more crystals. But they don't want to invest time to show it... right. How do you code that? Something like 1.8% chance on playerbase to randomly ask for more crystals? If it really was a bug, we would all face it.
    Also if people misunderstood EA_Jesse his post, which was pretty easy to comprehend, and still claim they have paid extra crystals than yeah I don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

You don't wanna know how crazy some customers' theories are in my working branche:
    Interest rates were not calculated correctly by the bank (which is impossible)
    Bank statement is flawed (which is impossible)
    Post edited by CronozNL on
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting