AGI Challenge Savage Opress overpower move is glitched?

Why when we do the challenge does savage do his overpower move and instead of hitting just a target as the move describes it hurts everyone? And not only that it brings you down to 1 health. What am i missing

Replies

• Options
    It's specifically for the challenge. To make it challenging.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    In challenges, the characters are often different than the ones we use. In this particular challenge, he hits everyone for massive damage, but can't finish anyone with that attack, as opposed to his normal version which can finish a character, but only hits one person.
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    Options
    the AGI challenge savage isn't the same one we can get, just like the TAC gear mace isn't the one we get either. It's set up as a "challenge", when savage uses his special he takes everyone down to 1hp so you then need to regain enough hp before he attacks again to survive his next attack (and the attack from his droid buddies) and then quickly try and kill him
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lol. I had to check that this wasn't a necro thread from December 2015. :D Unbeleivable that this question has been asked at this point in the game, anyway.
    It's specifically for the challenge. To make it challenging.
    This is the answer.
  • Options
    That move is why Savage was my first farm from Arena shipments back in the old days. I was so naive. It's a boss level ability that yours will never have. Similar to the Tarkin & Veers challenge who will obliterate your team if you let their debuffs expire.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Just playing devil's advocate here, but is there anywhere in the game that provides a clear explanation of the different boss's abilities, and how they may differ from the versions of the characters we get to use? Raid descriptions come close, but are still lacking (i.e., I don't think is says anywhere that the Rancor is immune to TMR while toppled). If someone is just starting, how would they know that the Savage they battle in the challenge isn't like the Savage on their roster? (And yes, I'm assuming the OP is a fairly new player, since he's still battling the challenges.)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    That move is why Savage was my first farm from Arena shipments back in the old days. I was so naive. It's a boss level ability that yours will never have. Similar to the Tarkin & Veers challenge who will obliterate your team if you let their debuffs expire.

Me too, don't no why i thought such a powerfull move could be possible for arena ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. I had to check that this wasn't a necro thread from December 2015. :D Unbeleivable that this question has been asked at this point in the game, anyway.

Not to surprising. I haven't seen it pop up in a while and the game is constantly getting new players that will eventually make their way to the forums for clarity.
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »

Not to surprising. I haven't seen it pop up in a while and the game is constantly getting new players that will eventually make their way to the forums for clarity.
    The OP joined the forums in August...
    But yeah, I understand that, however there is a search function for a reason.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    AGI challenge Savage is easy to beat. Just make sure to take out his companions. save heals for when he drops the bomb. By the time you are out of heals he should be doing the blow that takes you all down to one health (but also steals more of his own health than you ever could) and kill him.

He's a trick to beat, not a challenge. He kills himself, you just have to survive long enough to deal the final blow.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    AGI challenge Savage is easy to beat. Just make sure to take out his companions. save heals for when he drops the bomb. By the time you are out of heals he should be doing the blow that takes you all down to one health (but also steals more of his own health than you ever could) and kill him.

He's a trick to beat, not a challenge. He kills himself, you just have to survive long enough to deal the final blow.

It's a lot easier to just debuff him and benefit from the extra 5% max health you can remove on each hit.
    Used Rex' subdue on him back before we could sim and got 80kish damage in one blow
  • Options
    Stun, like it's 2015...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Raid descriptions come close, but are still lacking (i.e., I don't think is says anywhere that the Rancor is immune to TMR while toppled).

It does say that Rancor is immune to TMR while toppled, but not in the raid description. It says it if you actually hold down on one of his abilities.
  • Options

With all the updates to the game that have occurred, it would be unwise to believe all the information in an old thread.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Me too, don't no why i thought such a powerfull move could be possible for arena ^_^

Ultra slow tanks that can hit that hard would make healers extremely relevant!
  • Options

You try searching the word savage opress and tell me what pops up