Am I the only one that likes Chewie??

Chewie gets no love in these forums, but I'm a big fan. He's far better in GW than Poe because of his self heal, Poe is an Arena animal only IMO. In all other modes of the game I find Chewie better.

Replies

• Options
    Chewie sucks
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • FashionFett
    891 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • Options
    Monkeyman wrote: »
    Chewie sucks

In arena, I agree. But in long battles like GW, or a difficult mission, Chewie is superior because of self heal and increased defense. I've had GW battles that I was unable to clear with Sid as my leader, then I can 3 star it with Chewie as leader. Plus, in difficult missions he's far better to help you get 3 star than Poe. Perhaps, the point I'm making is that as a tank, he's better than Poe in everything. Other than Arena (where Poe is King).
  • Options
    I'd level him a bit more, but simply can't. Resources are limited unless you spend hundreds minimum, and Chewie just doesn't do enough to justify the resource expenditures anymore. Have him 4* level 55, gear 6....he's been that way for more than a month, and there he will stay. GW fodder.
  • Options
    Nope, you're not alone!

I love my Chewie and have him nearly maxed, just one gear slot missing, and wookie roar with him into top 20 almost everyday.

Would be a whole lot easier with other tanks, but they ain't Chewie, no. And prior to Poe-era, he got me to top 5. I won't forget him that.
  • Options
    I love my maxed chewie, he could be faster but we can't have everything.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Monkeyman wrote: »
    Chewie sucks

In arena, I agree. But in long battles like GW, or a difficult mission, Chewie is superior because of self heal and increased defense. I've had GW battles that I was unable to clear with Sid as my leader, then I can 3 star it with Chewie as leader. Plus, in difficult missions he's far better to help you get 3 star than Poe. Perhaps, the point I'm making is that as a tank, he's better than Poe in everything. Other than Arena (where Poe is King).

I agree I almost lv70 and my cheww is lv64 and i think i leave him as it. He is good for some GW battle that required a tank.
  • Options
    meh

i don't use him
    don't need him

i throw him as a sacrifical lamb in GW sometimes if required
  • Options
    Yeah, he's severely lacking. But also the only walking carpet out there. I think he'd be more of use, if he had an auto taunt like royal guard and either more health or better damage reduction.

Being slow has the benefit of a longer lasting taunt for a fast opposing team. Which of course means nothing, when it doesn't go off soon enough and the inc damage cannot be tanked.

2 rounds taunt of fast tanks surely is superior, currently.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Yea so no, chewy sux. He has his purposes but poe is far far superior. I wouod guess if adding chewy to a team is helping rather then hurting, you just dont have enough options yet cause pretty much any toon is better then chewy haha
  • Options
    I made a mistake to promote him to 6*. Totally wasted resources. He usually doesn't survive more than 1 GW match because he use taunt, gets heal block and then dead.

He has no use in Arena at all...
  • Options
    Chewie has defense up, taunt and self heal. He's the best tank in the game for tanking.
  • Options
    I really like him for GW, so you're not alone :)
  • Options
    I like him, but I don't like like him.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    I like Chewie. He got me far enough in PVP back in the day, helps me with the tank challenge and would be good in GW if I geared and leveled him up to 70
  • Options
    Enklave wrote: »
    I made a mistake to promote him to 6*. Totally wasted resources. He usually doesn't survive more than 1 GW match because he use taunt, gets heal block and then dead.

He has no use in Arena at all...

That's weird, I have him at 4* level 60, and he lasts the entire GW for me. I generally complete GW every day.
    Abyss wrote: »
    Yea so no, chewy sux. He has his purposes but poe is far far superior. I wouod guess if adding chewy to a team is helping rather then hurting, you just dont have enough options yet cause pretty much any toon is better then chewy haha

But how is Poe superior in GW? Chewie has self heal and defense up, which makes him last forever in GW. If I put 5* Poe in my GW team, he generally lasts half way through, but 4* Chewie will last through the entire thing. And I clear GW almost every day. I think people have become so blinded by this Poe meta that they don't realize that he's really only great in arena.

• Options
    He was the best toon when I started. Now, not so much. Sacrificial lamb in GW, facing 7 star lvl 70 toons. He'd be a great tank if only he wasn't that slow, speed being the name of the game now.

There was a post around here, doing no 1 with Chewy in a fairly competitive arena. Look around, maybe you'll find some tips on using him better.
  • Options
    He's has the tankiest taunt in the game, a self heal and a basic with turn meter reduction. He's an MVP in GW.
  • Options
    I am using Chewie in almost all the battles. He is good tank, and self healing is awesome. With Lumi as leader he excels as a tank. The problem starts when he is put up against enemy like Sid, who can block his healing. So I try to take them down while they have one or two hit on Chewie. It would be nice if his hit is little bit more stronger.