The mysterious 2nd fan favorite

13Next

Replies

• Options
    If thrawn = me very happy!
    A lot of unknowns though - will it be the same palp/yoda/r2 event style?
    -going off that the next faction up would be galactic republic and I'm guessing that's for Padme.
    Jango - for bounty/clones
    And if thrawn - rebels/empire?

The 2nd fav will be from the new game mode. Wouldn't make sense to release it the same way.
  • Options
    If thrawn = me very happy!
    A lot of unknowns though - will it be the same palp/yoda/r2 event style?
    -going off that the next faction up would be galactic republic and I'm guessing that's for Padme.
    Jango - for bounty/clones
    And if thrawn - rebels/empire?

The 2nd fav will be from the new game mode. Wouldn't make sense to release it the same way.

Probably right. Still need another for that style of event then.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think the new "thing" that will come with the next character will be the ability to upgrade characters to a different version through some other means other than shards, etc. So Farmboy luke will be the only one at first. Having farmboy luke at 7 stars allows you to do something (GVG, Ships, Other content related) to get luke to become pilot luke, then Bespin Luke, then ROTJ luke. (you keep all in your inventory.). then eventually Old luke. It makes sense to stagger these releases and use luke as the first to use this "upgrade" path. Rey will be the second.

ETA:

Maybe these characters will become "legendary" and the upgrade path would be very convoluted, based on Acheivements. Like Complete all light side battles with farmer Luke, have him at 7 stars, Complete all Cantina battles with Farmer luke on your team
    Etc. Then and only then when you get through all of those achievments, you can unlock Jedi or Pilot luke, then you have to do it all over again. etc.

OMG,thinking about this, I would absolutely love the ability to have this solo side game and make PVE more important.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I'm betting Jango... It wouldn't be smart to release Luke right after R2... Luke needs his own show
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    rawman wrote: »
    Salcious Crumb

giphy.gif

+1
  • Starmaxn
    99 posts Member
    Options
    I like your idea @RAYRAY
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    I'm betting Jango... It wouldn't be smart to release Luke right after R2... Luke needs his own show

It would make complete sense to release Luke with R2, they are their own duo.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Starmaxn wrote: »
    I like your idea @RAYRAY

Thanks! Woohoo! moved to off topic, I bet I was on to something:)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I agree that the 2nd fan fav toon will be Luke - most likely Luke as already seen in game (TESB with blue saber).

I am sure that they are releasing Luke hence his appearance in the updated loading screen as well as LS DS battles poster hologram thing in cantina home page.

Another reason why I think it'll be Luke is they are releasing R2D2. Hardware components and toons have not yet been released for ships. I believe R2 will be that hardware component and Luke will be introduced with his x-wing and R2 will be the hardware for that xwing.

This then makes ships more competitive as well as opens up possible future hardware component or toons - such as BB8 for Poe's xwing etc.

I think it would be impossible to add hardware toons to all ships, which is why I state components which may work like mods for ships down the road, while specific ships will use actual game characters (like R2) as their ship hardware.

I would suspect that ROTJ Jedi Luke with green saber will be a special event down the road (like EP, Yoda etc.) - hopefully not related to the dreaded but inevitable return of tournaments, because that would be bad...really bad.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Starmaxn wrote: »
    Brainsym wrote: »
    Anyone think that it could possibly be bb-8?

Yes! He's a favorite. And with R2 he could be the new "hardware" of ships!

Ha - I didn't read your post before posting mine, but ya I agree that makes sense. I was thinking this for a while.
  • Options
    C-3PO! Apple exclusive, with a non-attacking basic! 5 months after release he will go into 1 hard node for android guys.

But seriously, I'll love that.

Just. No. K2 was not a fan fav, and while he was exlusive to Android before, look where he is now. GW Store. So where should 3PO go? GW store.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Its C3PO and he comes with an AoE attack with a new status effect: Boreout :naughty: Chars having boreout status have reduced speed, evade, offense, defense, max health, health steal, ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    In august 2016 they said r2d2 and wicket is coming. R2d2 came so 2nd has to be wicket no ?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    In august 2016 they said r2d2 and wicket is coming. R2d2 came so 2nd has to be wicket no ?

I dont think they said they were coming. They were just in a trailer
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options
    That BB-8 suggestion was a good one! I wouldn't mind another light side droid!
  • 2findaz
    90 posts Member
    Options
    what about rebel chewie? With amazing Han synergy
  • Starmaxn
    99 posts Member
    Options
    Chewie is definitely a favorite! And I would like the synergy with raid Han. He is not that great at the moment
  • Options
    I'm sure this will be AT-ST driver. He has already been placed into the game, so sneaky most of us didn't realize so that we would feel the joy when he is finally revealed. How could you forget about this iconic character?
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    star-wars-rebels-ahsoka-tano-lives-dave-filoni-t-shirt-celebrati-990745.jpg
    hope dies last :smiley:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure this will be AT-ST driver. He has already been placed into the game, so sneaky most of us didn't realize so that we would feel the joy when he is finally revealed. How could you forget about this iconic character?

I would hardly consider him to be a "fan fav"
  • Starmaxn
    99 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    C3PO - And he would change the meta forever. He would be a passive member of your arena team and then tell the AI later on when you're on defense how you want to play

The best ability ever! :smile:
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

Then you didn't feel the sweet taste of irony.
    I was joking if you still don't get it.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

Then you didn't feel the sweet taste of irony.
    I was joking if you still don't get it.

Sorry, lol.