Age change

EA, Please fix so that age change is possible.
I am 40y old and have a account registered as underage..... simply stupid it cant be changed....

Regards
Jesper

Replies

• Options
    MANAGED TO FIX THIS ON IOS YESTERDAY !!
    1: install game on another IOS device and DONT use Gamecenter.
    2: Launch game and finish tutorial and select over age when asked.
    3: close game and start again and when asked to login to game center, enter your original gamecenter account.
    now i have my original account on another device, and able to change name/guild chat with all items intact.
    4: remove game from original IOS device, reinstall and use gamecenter, should work on original device also now with name/guild chat.
    I did have to backup and totally wipe my orignal IOS device to make the chat appear, but all is now working for me :-)
  • Options
    How do you not use Game Center? Can you uninstall it? I'm 40 as well, hate being Mol Eliza, and had a month long back and forth with Apple and EA to no avail. Ea even offered to reapply all purchases I made to a new account if I wanted to, but at the time, and still now, I really like my team and don't want to start over.
  • Options
    Better yet, after using the new device, when you go back to the old device, does the fix remain? It may be too late for me. I have an iPhone 7, bought an iPad Air 2 a month ago, but it's already installed through Game Center on both @sarlacc_fodder?
  • Options
    @sarlacc_fodder....the reason I ask, is perhaps I can try it with a coworker's iPhone. I won't be able to play the game on their phone, but the tutorial only takes a little while. I can bang it out during our lunch break.
  • Options
    Hi Billcarson66,

I used my work i phone 5se to create the temporary SWGOH profile, just make sure you are logged out of gamecenter when you launch the game for the first time, Settings->game center->tap you apple id and choose logout.
    When you launch the game cancel the gamecenter login box and it will create a profile on the device.
    Finish the tutorial and set age, close game and launch again and login to your original gamecenter acc when the game promts you !
  • Options
    my current phone is also an iphone 7
  • Options
    I think you can also uninstall swgoh, wipe you own device, restore from backup, install swgoh, logout of gamecenter play the tutorial and set age, close game open again and use gamecenter
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll try that with a guys phone at work. I'm not very tech savvy, but you laid it out pretty well. I have a bad feeling it won't work, but it's worth a try.
  • Options
    I think you can also uninstall swgoh, wipe you own device, restore from backup, install swgoh, logout of gamecenter play the tutorial and set age, close game open again and use gamecenter

That definitely doesn't work. Maybe after the trick you did. When you restore after the factory reset, it just retrieves the game and it's setting from the last iCloud backup which associates the game with Game Center and the age I originally put in.

So after you did what you did, you got guild chat and were able to change the dreaded Mol Eliza name? @sarlacc_fodder
  • Options
    Yes, i was Mol Eliza for 4 months with no guild chat, but now have a custom name and guild chat :-)
  • Options
    I didn't get to try it yesterday, hope to have time at work to try it today.
  • Options
    Restoring from an iCloud backup will NOT allow this to work. Sadly, wiping the original device is the only way to do this properly. You wouldn't even need to borrow another iOS device. It's just quite the pits wiping is the only way to correct this, AFAIK.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    @sarlacc_fodder It worked! I only had guild chat on my coworker's device. When I logged in on my phone, the name change was there, the guild chat wasn't. I'll have to factory reset my phone when i get home. I can't help but think when I restore from my backup, the settings will remain and I won't have guild chat, but all I really wanted was the name change. Thank you for discovering this.
  • Options
    Great to hear @Billcarson66 :smiley: it was the same for my original iphone 7, no guild chat either.
    But after uninstalling swgoh, making a itunes backup of the phone, wiping and following restoring itunes backup and swgoh, the guild chat is now back, i am sure it will work for you too.
  • Options
    @sarlacc_fodder The icing on the cake was getting to connect to Facebook and get the free 200 crystals. That's a nice two day extra mod farm refresh.
  • Options
    @Yukon_Cornelius you need to read this
  • Options
    @sarlacc_fodder It worked! I only had guild chat on my coworker's device. When I logged in on my phone, the name change was there, the guild chat wasn't. I'll have to factory reset my phone when i get home. I can't help but think when I restore from my backup, the settings will remain and I won't have guild chat, but all I really wanted was the name change. Thank you for discovering this.

Might I suggest you take the long route of restoring and do it from an iTunes back? iCloud imports everything.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    @SnakesOnAPlane I figured as much. I might even leave it. I got my name change. My guild uses discord so I don't miss out on anything. I really not interested in knowing every time a guildmate equips some gear.

We just have 3 Mol Eliza's in our guild. And man do I hate that name so I dubbed myself "The man with no name".
  • Options
    @SnakesOnAPlane I figured as much. I might even leave it. I got my name change. My guild uses discord so I don't miss out on anything. I really not interested in knowing every time a guildmate equips some gear.

We just have 3 Mol Eliza's in our guild. And man do I hate that name so I dubbed myself "The man with no name".

But if you wanted to change your name again you'd still be blocked on your device, yeah?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    @SnakesOnAPlane I just checked and yes you are correct. My device still thinks I'm 1 or whatever I originally put in.