A non-Sim Herioc Mode for Nodes

CookieCrispp
555 posts Member
edited February 2016
So, I'm assuming a few things about those who read this.
1- you like the game and you like watching your little dudes and dudettes shoot/hit/smash/push other little dudes and dudettes.
2- you like #1 so much that you actually play farming missions through even though there is no challenge, usually with thematic teams.
If so, read on.

So, I have been wondering how content can be extended with minimal development and/or effort, while still being interesting. I propose to you, Herioc modes. This would be for any node that is below level cap for enemies. The enemies would be scaled up to maximum level (or above, depending on how it would be implemented). In return, the drop rate for items (not shards) would increase relative to the level difference. I do not have a fixed number, maybe 1% per level, maybe even .5%. These levels would not be sim'able.

What this gives us. If we assume most players at max level can cruise through levels, it gives a wider variety of meat bags to hit. Instead of just playing light mission 7-k to play with your best light toons, play with them on level 5-C while farming an item! Because at the moment fighting lower level content doesn't allow teams to employ any synergy beyond "who can AOE first". It also gives players a higher drop rate of low level mats, to expedite the hearing of lower gear levels, while at the same time preserving the gearing bottle necks. It would therefore also potentially promote character diversity, as the first 5-6 gear levels would be less intensive for higher level players, if they are willing to play the missions.

Pros:
- more meat bags to hit
- should be fairly simple to implement
- get to use team synergies when farming low level gears
- Gives a reason to level and gear outside of arena
- Scales really well with future game developments. If we get new gear bottlenecks, allows players to catch toons up without being quite as stopped by older bottlenecks.
- Allows players to play catch up when they reach max level, at the expense of time and effort.
- Voluntary. The percentage should be tuned to not make this voluntary, however I do feel some reward for completing this mode would be justified

Cons
- could be more of a pain to implement
- Not really "new" content, just a rehash
- Wouldn't really help with the real fear bottlenecks, at best youd get a few % chance increase
- can't sim(for obvious reasons)
- I do not feel that this should impact shards or ability mats. The reason being that it could or would make low level heroic farming too valuable.

TLDR: Herioc mode for nodes with max level enemies that can't be simmed so you can have fun when you farm.

Edit: I haven't decided if this mode should cost a premium, maybe +2 wnergy or not. It'd be a delicate balance to figure IMO.

Replies

• Options
    i would do it if it had 100% shard drop rate
  • Options
    BigG8501 wrote: »
    i would do it if it had 100% shard drop rate

I think we'd all do it for guaranteed shards or level 3 ability mats. But for balance sake, I would have to say that that would be too imbalanced. My original post has been edited to explain this.