General Veers Zeta + Imperial Trooper REWORK Exclusive Gameplay!

AhnaldT101
140 posts Member
Hey guys!

Really excited to share with you all a first look on the Imperial Trooper reworks and Veers' Zeta (and even Stormtrooper Zeta) in action! Overall thoughts, not as amazing of a faction pass as the Sith reworks were but still a lot of fun and are much more viable now. They are quite deadly against teams with Rebels as well as others but very weak against Maul Zeta teams. Really need an Imperial cleanser to be the perfect arena team for both offense and defense. Very high potential to be a good AAT Raid squad!

Enjoy and stay tuned for some more early exclusive content coming out soon. :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5UkHGpZMw&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Wow, they look fun.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    EucIfYY.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • EucIfYY.gif

Meme legend
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Xg6Je2y.jpg

Let's get this party started!

Veers is already zeta'd. I intend to run all and leave out Snowtrooper to start things off, but I will likely sub him in soon for someone else.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    This squad looks really fun. I like how snow trooper is kind of the lando of the empire
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    I'll be trying these troopers with a krennic lead and veers as squad member tho I would like krennic fixed
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    ji2emqqu0ceb.png
    ni12genmfkcy.jpg
    gv3yt0qmw13u.jpg
    pzwpnzarh09k.gif
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    Xg6Je2y.jpg

Veers is already zeta'd. I intend to run all and leave out Snowtrooper to start things off, but I will likely sub him in soon for someone else.

@Aero I think Snowtrooper is needed for his spammable AOE and his solid unique ability. I feel like Magma or Stormtrooper will still be the one(s) to bench.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    bQH2fey.png

Screenshot from a battle I did yesterday. 7 star gear 11 Stormtrooper well modded.

Compared to with this video.

caWqh5v.jpg
  • Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    Nice vid, thx bro! B)
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Great video these new reworks will be nice for the R2D2 challenge tonight. I like the squad synergy format of the video. If you could get any video of them taking place in different parts of the AAT and Rancor raid that would be fantastic.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    great vid! :)

can't wait to try out stormtrooper in the R2 event
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    ji2emqqu0ceb.png
    ni12genmfkcy.jpg
    gv3yt0qmw13u.jpg
    pzwpnzarh09k.gif

Hahaha I'm not even kidding that was precisely my reaction when Snowtrooper was doing that constantly! He seriously came out to be the most impressive rework and is literally the Lando for the Empire as someone else mentioned here!
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Xg6Je2y.jpg

@Aero I think Snowtrooper is needed for his spammable AOE and his solid unique ability. I feel like Magma or Stormtrooper will still be the one(s) to bench.

My favorite lineup was having Stormtrooper and Shoretrooper on the same team. Having both of them alternate on the taunting and Stormtrooper spreading defense up while Shore was spreading critical hit immunity was a really deadly combo and made it really hard for the enemy to apply any good damage. I most likely will be benching Magmatrooper but we will see!
    Javik wrote: »
    Great video these new reworks will be nice for the R2D2 challenge tonight. I like the squad synergy format of the video. If you could get any video of them taking place in different parts of the AAT and Rancor raid that would be fantastic.

Yep I'm working on getting footage of that! I almost have Veers to 7 stars so I'm hoping to get gameplay of this very soon!

Glad you guys are enjoying the video! This was a really fun update to see the Imperials get!
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I'm thinking veers, stormtrooper, snow, shore/death and Kenobi would do well on offense in arena.
  • Looks like a fun team. Thanks for sharing the video.
    T Pain
  • BabyAL
    3 posts Member
    Looks like a blast, thanks for sharing. Working on them now.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    AhnaldT101 wrote: »
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    ji2emqqu0ceb.png
    ni12genmfkcy.jpg
    gv3yt0qmw13u.jpg
    pzwpnzarh09k.gif

Hahaha I'm not even kidding that was precisely my reaction when Snowtrooper was doing that constantly! He seriously came out to be the most impressive rework and is literally the Lando for the Empire as someone else mentioned here!
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Xg6Je2y.jpg

My favorite lineup was having Stormtrooper and Shoretrooper on the same team. Having both of them alternate on the taunting and Stormtrooper spreading defense up while Shore was spreading critical hit immunity was a really deadly combo and made it really hard for the enemy to apply any good damage. I most likely will be benching Magmatrooper but we will see!

Awesome! Glad to see Stormtrooper finally getting some love. Sad to see Magma will probably still be low on the totem pole, but Snow and Storm have needed a buff longer than he has and he's still effective in the right combo.
  • Aero wrote: »
    bQH2fey.png

Screenshot from a battle I did yesterday. 7 star gear 11 Stormtrooper well modded.

caWqh5v.jpg

Any rough estimate on what the stat gain on Storm was or is that all the bump from the uniques being shared?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    bQH2fey.png

caWqh5v.jpg

Any rough estimate on what the stat gain on Storm was or is that all the bump from the uniques being shared?

He got a stat increase. Looking at his stats from the character page, mine went from 16k to 24k health and 29k to 45k protection.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    https://youtu.be/J6yMg92pXIs

https://youtu.be/V6g9mVPY3_c

A couple videos I took. Really fun but I struggled a lot as I got around #20.
  • I still think it's funny that part of magmatrooper rework brought back the secondary fire hitting the same person. At first it was a bug they fixed. Now it's apart of his kit.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    https://youtu.be/J6yMg92pXIs

https://youtu.be/V6g9mVPY3_c

A couple videos I took. Really fun but I struggled a lot as I got around #20.

Try ?

Krennic L
    DT
    Snow
    Veers
    GK/shore

• Aero wrote: »
    bQH2fey.png

caWqh5v.jpg

He got a stat increase. Looking at his stats from the character page, mine went from 16k to 24k health and 29k to 45k protection.

Fantastic! Thank you sir! This is a great update. Can't wait to see updated stats for all the troopers.
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    Could someone post a video of this team vs Rex lead with dn chaze and gk please??
  • AhnaldT101
    140 posts Member
    Bjpac04 wrote: »
    Could someone post a video of this team vs Rex lead with dn chaze and gk please??

MobileGamer and I are uploading a collab showing that exact lineup and the Imperial Troopers were able to defeat them on offense. Defense they got defeated but its usually easy to beat most teams on defense anyways.
    bQH2fey.png

caWqh5v.jpg

Thanks for pointing out the stat increase. I did not have that data available for me to confirm at the time so I was not able to elaborate on it really in the video but he definitely did get a buff there.
  • Roadburn12
    542 posts Member
    Absolutely disgusting in the best possible way
  • AhnaldT101
    140 posts Member
    Bjpac04 wrote: »

Here's the collaboration I was talking about with MobileGamer where we tested a Rex and Chaze team out against the Imperial Troopers.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    This squad looks very fun - was already pumped about them for raid, seeing them in action ratchets that up a good deal more. Should be able to squeeze out an incredibly potent HAAT squad out of this high damage, fast, TM gaining, heal / prot regenerating unit with multi-attack ability.

With how good the changes were, you could look at Veers as a leader, Gar could do some nasty stuff...and zDV of course as well. I don't see these guys as arena shaping (I expect them to be Resistance / FO or even Clones level bad on defense and a really easy target), but for some reason this is as exciting a rework to me as any.

Thanks for posting @AhnaldT101
  • Darlex11
    235 posts Member
    @AhnaldT101 Have you tested out Gar Saxon lead with 4 troopers to see how that goes? Also mentioned this in your post on reddit, I'm curious to see if the bonus defense & counter with the shared uniques would make an imperial trooper squad even tougher. I was imagining something like Gar Saxon (L), Snow, Death, Magma, Storm with the idea that as people target down the others that Stormtrooper would get stronger and the squad would have high inherent tenacity. Just a thought and something I would like your thoughts on before I start going down the road to staring up some of these guys.